Old 12-03-2006, 03:21 AM   #1  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Default Family = Stress = Food

I hate how my food choices are tied to my emotions! My family is driving me crazy (well crazier than I already am), and putting me right in the middle of all of their problems. My parents call and complain about my Bro/SIL. Then my Bro/SIL call and complain about my parents. I'm stuck in the middle trying to fix things. The whole time thinking I wish they would just call each other and leave me out of it! I love my family, but they're ALL NUTS!!! So after I hung up the phone instead of going for a walk or shopping, which was my first thought, I ate a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, and some chips. Not a healthy choice in the least. But what really bugs me, is that it made me feel better. I hate how food can effect my emotions. It's just not fair!! Just thought I'd rant and get it off my chest.
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes if I have a stressful phone call or am worried about something, I also feel a strong desire to eat something. The thing that has helped most with that is having a "no fail" environment at home. I can't grab a bag of chips because there aren't any. Basically, the only thing I could grab in an emotional fit would be a piece of fruit or a slice of whole wheat bread, and I don't do that because I need them for my planned lunches! If this happens at work, maybe leave your change at home so vending machines aren't an option. Hope this is a little helpful!
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #3  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I definitely feel you there My parents are divorced (and have been for the entire 23 years of my life). My dad never talks bad about my mom, but my mom goes off about my dad. It drives me crazy, because whenever I go visit my mom, she's always going off, and her house is stock full of bad foods and empty calories.
Lately I've been trying to keep myself from getting in between, so I just don't bring anything up, and when that doesn't work, I just simply say, "I love you both, and I don't think it's fair that I'm put in this position. I do not want to speak about this anymore." And if they don't accept it, I just walk away. For you, you could just say, "since you aren't respecting my wishes, I'll have to hang up now. Goodbye." *click*

Easier said than done, I know. But after I do it, I feel a huge weight off my shoulders Good luck!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I can definitely identify with being "put in the middle" and how stressful it is. My son broke up with his girlfriend that he had for 3 yrs. She called me a dozen times a day, crying. I was so stressed. I finally had my son talk to her and he told her "if you have something to say, say it to me and leave my mom alone you're driving her Nuts". She hasn't called anymore, thankfully. I had gotten to the point that I wouldn't answer the phone if caller ID showed it was her. Try telling them to call each other and leave you out of it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #5  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

I hear ya. My mom is constantly doing the same thing. You need to find a way to bring you back to your sanity. I use prayer. It puts me back into perspective and allows me to focus on the things in my life I have to be grateful for.

Don't beat yourself up too badly about the chips and peanut butter cup. During my time of the month I could easily eat my weight in dark chocolate and baked lays. I am a salty sweet craving freak!

Ok, so now you've vented, given in, now it's time to get back to basics. Best of luck to you. Don't let stress work against all you've accomplished. And deciding to make the change is half the battle.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #6  
Goodbye Fat!

I can relate with you on that. I am the peacekeeper in my family as well. I usually take the stress out on my dogs, that is they get to go for a walk even if it is freezing cold or dying heat! They love it!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote