Old 01-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #1  

Default Big week for me!

Wow, I'm amazed! I've mentioned that I've never dieted or tried losing weight before Jan 2 of this year. Well, a week ago, I'd lost 2 lbs. Today I am down a total of 7 pounds! So that's five for the last week! Is that even possible? I'm only weighing first thing in the am. At any rate, I'm feeling pretty happy about this progress.

This week I began working out on my lunch break with a couple co-workers to a video workout tape. I really liked it. I was able to do it twice. I also spent 30 minutes working out at home. That was three times this week but I think I want to try to do it at least 4 or 5 times, to stay in the habit, kwim?

Also, is it normal to go through phases where you are just overwhelmed by cravings for bad foods? I've been off junk food for weeks now but friday night I was exhausted, the hubby and son were at a friends house and I just vegged with a bit of fast food. I was craving the stuff so badly. Got to work on resisting those cravings, huh?

On the plus side, eating it made me realize how addictive and unsatisfying it is. Yesterday it was tough not going back for mroe but today I'm feeling a bit more detoxed, if you will and am back at working on healthy choices. It's like I just spazzed for 24 hours!
RedMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Great work! Usually you lose weight faster at the beginning so it's definitely possible to lose 5lbs/wk now but keep in mind it will slow down and don't get discouraged. Keep up the good work...and don't forget to treat yourself every once in awhile. That keeps the cravings down if you know you'll be able to have a little bit of something later on.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:03 PM   #3  
New mom to be

Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Don't beat yourself up over your little slip up. It happens to everybody. We're only human. I've been on WW since June of last year and I still give in to my cravings every now and again. Just don't go too crazy!! Keep up the good work!!

Valentine's goal:

Started WW June 1 '05 (long term goal):
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  

Yeah and Hooray for you! Keep up the great work!

To combat those cravings, I print out my ticker and stick it to the fridge and one on my computer screen. Seeing my progress like that deters me from indulging my temptations!

YOU GO GIRL!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Default Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMama
Wow, I'm amazed! I've mentioned that I've never dieted or tried losing weight before Jan 2 of this year. Well, a week ago, I'd lost 2 lbs. Today I am down a total of 7 pounds! So that's five for the last week! Is that even possible? I'm only weighing first thing in the am. At any rate, I'm feeling pretty happy about this progress.

This week I began working out on my lunch break with a couple co-workers to a video workout tape. I really liked it. I was able to do it twice. I also spent 30 minutes working out at home. That was three times this week but I think I want to try to do it at least 4 or 5 times, to stay in the habit, kwim?

Also, is it normal to go through phases where you are just overwhelmed by cravings for bad foods? I've been off junk food for weeks now but friday night I was exhausted, the hubby and son were at a friends house and I just vegged with a bit of fast food. I was craving the stuff so badly. Got to work on resisting those cravings, huh?

On the plus side, eating it made me realize how addictive and unsatisfying it is. Yesterday it was tough not going back for mroe but today I'm feeling a bit more detoxed, if you will and am back at working on healthy choices. It's like I just spazzed for 24 hours!
You are doing Fantastic. I've lost 7lbs in 4 weeks. You are doing WAY better than me in the fitness department. Way to go.

Some tips on eating:

When you go grocery shopping, think about your normal cravings and go ahead and find alternatives for them. For example: I like chocolate. I buy fudgecicles some weeks (which also helps with icecream cravings) and other weeks I buy Sugar Free Creme Savers Hard Candy Chocolate and Carmel Creme Flavor)

Think of foods you can munch on but are portion controled.

Think of foods that you can eat conviently on nights you won't feel like cooking.

If you build this in your plan and your groceries then you will be less tempted to go gorge on fast food.

Also you might try going to your favorite fast food websites and print their nutrition guide. When you do order out, you'll know the best alternative. I always forget, for example, that Taco Bell has an Alfresco style. I tend to frequent Subway more.

Even better, do research on nutrient dense foods and pick stuff from it weekly (rotate). Then make a list of all the foods you could think about eating, including meals. Then weekly you have a plan, pick stuff from it and you won't be at the grocery store just throwing stuff together un prepared. Update it occasionally. Works great.

5 fruit and veg colors: Red, Orange, Purple, Dark Green, Light Green

My quick and easy this week are Lean Cruisines (for work or odd night I don't cook), Seseme seeds (portion controlled and eaten slowly), Creme Savers, Icecream Sandwhichs (they are not created equally), Oranges, V8 juice, Apples, Banannas, Blackberries, Ready to eat Sugar Snap Peas, Carrots, Energy Bars (mostly chocolate flavors), yogurt, popcorn (staple), and oatmeal.

I also try one new food a week. This week it is Sweet Potato Fries. Hope I like them. They are fresh, not the frozen bag kind.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote