Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #46  
12 pounds lost in 2006

back Lizzie!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #47  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Megan- I boiled mine and used a little bit of honey mustard. I made Mark spicey bbq chicken, sour cream and chive mashed potatos and green beans. I had a pear and some almonds with my chicken.
You chiken stuff sounds good! I'm really not much of a cook, and don't do it too often b/c Mark works goofy hours and isn't usally here dinner time. Plus Allen doesn't always want me to be cooking.
Alas, I will need to try some new things, though. Plain food is going to get boring very fast!
Allensmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #48  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies!! Well, I've had a stomach virus the last couple of days but I've still been working out with a vengeance...almost 4 hours yesterday (broken up of course, but still...). HOWEVER, I've only lost 1 pound damnit...probably because my eating has been CRAPPY CRAPPY CRAPPY. I don't know what it is...I'm either eating great or exercising great, never both! If I could just get those two sides of Christy in synch then I'd be good to go!!

On a sad note, I got word two days ago that my husband's grandpa has been given 6 months to a year to live so things are pretty sad which makes me want to eat even more junk! My only grandpa died nearly 4 years ago so he has been like my grandpa as well for the past 4 years...not to mention my little boy loves him SO MUCH...we pull up in their driveway and he immediately starts hollering "Pop! Where Pop at??" LOL I'm taking the little guy to see him in the hospital tonight...I just hope I don't start bawling because they still having told Pop yet, they're waiting for him to get some of his strength back. (He has colon cancer and had surgery to remove it but when they got in there they found that he has cancer in his liver that is incurable.) :*(
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:06 AM   #49  

When something terrible like that happens, and you feel like you just want to eat and eat until it doesn't hurt anymore, you need to stop and tell yourself that you are NOT hungry that the only reason you are eating is because you're sad, and that if you keep up your healthy lifestyle you may feel like **** about life's events but at least you can feel good about yourself. My suggestion is to try and make as many meal plans with friends and family as possible. Have lunch dates and dinner dates, try to choose places where your favorite healthy foods are served, and you'll find yourself too busy to binge. You may be asking how I know this... In 3 days it will be 5 years since my father died from colon cancer (when we first found out surgery wasn't even an option, he was given 10 months to live).
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #50  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for the advice Cookie!! And I am so sorry for your loss!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #51  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

THENEWCHRISTY: HANG IN THERE! ((((((hugs))))))

Ok ladies, I've been off plan for a week now. My first time off of exercise and eating right in a long time. I don't even want to weigh myself and see how much damage I've done.

Can I tell you something? I feel like crap, all those meals that were junk and all those nights of coming home and sitting in bed watching t.v. I feel like CRAP. IT is so worth getting yourself in motion and eating right. I can't wait to hit the gym tonight!

My goal is to have a kick *** body by spring break...that less than two months away. My bf and I are going on a road trip for me to meet his family and then we are hitting Las Vegas! Woo Hoo, this will be my first time!

Ok ladies. Happy Friday! Everyone have a great day, and weekend!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #52  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Oh Christy that's sad to hear about hubby's grandpa . Just make sure you guys spend lots of time with him and form great memories!!!

Spillthebeans I'm keeping an eye on you to get back on plan. You'll have fun in Vegas with your "kick *** body" Vegas is lots of fun. I'm going there in March for my friends b-day. I love Vegas!!!

So ladies I joined Bally's last night!!! I'm so happy to be back in the gym!! My wallet wasn't happy though as I forked out $702 for a 3 year membership. I figure it was better to pay in full then spend $55 bucks a month So I sucked it up and slapped the credit card down as I'm kind of broke now that I just spent $500 on my tires So I only ended up working out around 30 minutes because it was late by the time I finished the tour and signing up. My friends and I were going to try the Cardio Seduction class and we waited for like 10 minutes then a trainer came in and said the schedule hadn't been updated and it wasn't on for the night. So that class will have to wait until another time. Actually I was a little relieved as I had low pants on and the room had windows all around. Not good to have my undies showing to the whole gym on my first day I loved the gym though. It was very spacious and had a million cardio and weight machines. Woo hoo! No waiting in line to get on those. I'm excited as my last gym was very small and you could never get on the machines. So I'm going to the gym again tonight with my friend for 2 hours
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #53  

spillthebean I HEAR YA!!! I just came home from a 2 week cruise... eech! talk about eating and drinking like there was no tomorow. sure i worked out everyday in the gym, but immediately after every work out i attacked the sushi buffet (and that wasn't even a meal... that was like a midday feast).

I have about a week and a half before I go back to school. I have very mixed emotions of returning since it is the last semester of my senior year and i do NOT want to graduate, move out of my house, find a job... (gulp)

Hopefully for the next week I will lose the weight I put on over my cruise. Normally I follow Jenny Craig however when I am home my mom cooks and I go out to lunch with friends so I don't follow Jenny at home. But I can't wait to go back and get right back on.

mocha good job on the gym membership. the way i see it, if it is to help me on a healthier lifestyle i will pay it. i pay for my gym membership and jenny craig and for me i would rather spend it on making me feel better about myself than spend it shopping. the way i see it if i get all fit THEN i can reward myself with fun clothes.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #54  

Well..I've had 3 whole days at the gym this week, which has not happened in a long time, so I am going to celebrate by going to Trader Joe's tomorrow after I go to my knitting class. I want to get the stuff to make miso soup. ^.^
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #55  
Chuggin' along...

Thank goodness it's Friday!!! I have been staying up too late and I have a cold that's not getting any better. I don't have any big plans so I'm looking forward to catching up on rest and this will be my first free weekend home in about a month. Yesterday BF and I (finally) played tennis for an hour instead of me going to the gym. It was so much more fun to work out and 'play' w/ someone, rather than just go out alone! I'll go to the gym after work (again! go me!) today. I haven't been this happy with my exercise and eating for a week in a long time - I'm going to try and keep it up this weekend!

Christy, I'm so sorry. I'm with Cookie - if something bad is happening in your life and you eat junk, then you end up feeling bad about 2 things instead of just 1. Hang in there - remember you've got all of us for support, too!

Arian and Mocha, good job at the gym!

Welcome back Lizzie!

Spillthebeans, join us all back on the wagon. It's under a little extra strain, of course, after all of our holiday eating...but get back up here anyway! I have total faith that you can do it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #56  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Christy, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandfather
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #57  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Mocha - wow.. $702 for a gym membership... I'm sure that will keep you going back .... Good to see THAT kind of dedication. I have yet to hit the actual gym this month but i've had other ways of working out until i feel better.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:11 PM   #58  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Hi everyone! Just though I'd say hi. I'm gonna be hanging around pretty often now that the new year has begun and my new body plan has been born. I joined 3FC for the South Beach Diet info & forum but then I saw the 20-something forum, too.
I thought I was gonna die on this diet at first but I feel pretty good now (I started the diet on the 3rd). I look forward to learning from and sharing w/ ya'll!
Demeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #59  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Welcome Danielle!
Feel free to join up into the January Challenge for fitness and health if you'd like. It's never too late.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:33 PM   #60  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

((((hugs)))) Christy

Jessie - I can't belive how expensive gym memberships are - soon enough I'm going to actually have to pay for that - suck! (not like I don't pay for it with my tuition, but you get my drift)

Welcome Danielle!

Arian - I love TJs!

Spill - I'm rooting for you!

Megan - I love tennis. It's been so cold/wet/snowy here there's no way we could play outdoors - now that the snows gone and it's a bit warmer, I'm hoping to start that up again.

I'm back home again. We flew in this morning. It's nice to be at home, but I love Oregon and miss my friends and family already. School starts Wednesday, hopefully this term won't be as full as last term - I tried to cut back on work and school a little so hopefully I'm not going-going-going all day from 7a-9p. Oh - and this is day 6 on plan!!!! Yea!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote