Old 09-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #16  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Sugarbutt- Frosted mini wheats, I dunno, I guess it depends on what else you eat during the day and your total caloric intake. If you are losing weight while having 2 bowls a day than I think you're good. My motivation for eating right and working out is that I don't want to look and feel like I did/do. Everytime I think about not going to the gym or eating lots of cookies I think about how I so don't want to feel this way about myself anymore. I want it this time, so it's been a lot easier than the other numerous times I have tried.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

sugarbutt--a bowl or two of frosted mini wheats a day could be good or bad, depending on what else you are eating throughout the day. On the one hand, being "frosted" is always a bad sign (too much sugar). How big are your bowls? Is it really just 1 serving of cereal each time (I find it very hard to eat just one serving of cereal--a bowl of cereal for me is usually about 2 servings of what is says on the nutrition label on the box)? If you are aware of how much you are actually eating and, therefore, how many calories are in it, then as long as it fits into your personal caloric intake for the day, then rock on! And like LockItUp said, if you're eating those 2 bowls a day and still losing weight, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Personally, I think you could probably find better snacks to have. Try maybe some fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese, rolled-up sandwich meat, vegetable sticks...or if you must have cereal, maybe try something with less sugar (there's a Kashi-brand cereal that is a lot like Cheerios--less sugar and more fiber)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:03 PM   #18  

thanks.... today i didnt eat the frosted mini wheats... mybowls are usally a hand full like half a cup..(i have small hands) during the day i eat breakfast i have 2 eggwhites no salt or pepper lunch i usally have tuna and a little bit of light mayo... or a salad... dinner i have whatever is made in small portions i try not to eat bread or pasta

is there anything that i can eat that is healthy and is filling.. i have this big problem with never being full....

i also need motivation my hubby doesnt really help out anymore.. what can i do?
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 04:59 PM   #19  
Eating for two!

Jeez, sugarbutt, I don't think my CAT could live on the small amount of food you eat each day--no wonder you're hungry! 2 egg whites for breakfast...that's nothing! Try eating more often--experts often suggest 5-6 small meals throughout the day instead of just 3 meals. If you don't eat enough, you won't lose much weight (I know it doesn't make sense, but our bodies fear starvation, so too little fuel causes us to hold on to every bite of food for dear life!). Have you ever tracked your calories? I'd be willing to bet money that you're hardly even eating 1000 calories a day based on what you said you eat, and experts say you shouldn't go below 1200 calories per day unless under the direction and supervision of a doctor. Just some food for thought...
Old 09-28-2005, 05:21 PM   #20  

yeah i know i need to eat more but theres not alot in the house mostly fatty foods... i have kept track of what i eat.. i get 1000-1500 cal a day not counting the fruits and veggies that i eat..... i dont consider fruit and veggies real food... i do eat more that what i typed before (i have a bad hand and had to cut it short typing hurts)
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #21  
Stephanie

Fruits and veggies ARE real food, you should count them. Some have little calories like lettuce and some have more, like an avacado, pineapple, watermelon! Friuts and Veggies are probably the realest (made up a word?) food there is because of all the vitamins and minerals along with the sugars and fiber and even protein sometimes!!! That's why there are vegitarians and vegans, you can bet they count them as food! And it is ok to eat a whole egg! 2 egg whites aren't even 100 calories.

It's hard to help another become motivated because for one thing, motivation is over rated, that's not what gets you there, it's commitment! Second, finding motivation through another person gets dangerous, because if they go away or get unmotivated themselves, there you go.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #22  
Determined

Hey guys!! I am new to the board, just posted my profile here yesterday. I've been coming here for several weeks now just kind of absorbing the info and making small changes. However, I've been hanging onto a lot of bad habits, until yesterday. I threw out every last bit of junk food. I got up today and walked for 25 minutes then did 20 minutes of pilates. I joined diet power and logged my food (and got an A plus!! ) So, I'm happy to be here and had a very good day today!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 PM   #23  
All That's Left of Me

Awesome job Happydaisy! Glad all is going well. Bad habits are hard to break, but it makes it easier when you replace them with good ones! Keep up the good work!!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:00 PM   #24  
Stephanie

That's great Happydaisy! One little step at a time adds up big in the end!
Old 09-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #25  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Happydaisy, and good luck on your goals!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:03 PM   #26  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, HappyDaisy!

Doing okay over here (except for wrist problems, grr). I went to my first ever yoga class on Tuesday, it was good! My arms are really sore now though! I got the hang of most of it but not all of it. Planning to go again next Tuesday!

It's finally really turning into fall around here. Not so many leaves yet, but it's cooled down a lot and it just feels fall-y out! I'm excited because last year I got mono in October and basically missed out on fall. Fall is a huge deal in New England, so I'm hoping to do a lot of foliage viewing and apple picking this year! Now I just need to restrain myself from making apple pie!

I hope you all are doing well!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:05 PM   #27  

Talking Hello everyone

Hi everyone. I'm new here so I wanted to introduce myself. I feel like I already know some of you as I've been reading through the forums the last couple days.
I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, fell off the wagon over the summer , and thought it would be helpful to get some added support. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to reaching my goals with the support of everyone and helping others reach their goals . I have a way to go as you can see. Nice to meet you all and I look forward to learning more from all of you veterans.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:09 PM   #28  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

I am so excited for the october challenge. New mindset. Hopefully this time it will work out.

One day at a time.

How is everyone doing?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:36 AM   #29  
Chuggin' along...

Good morning ladies. Thank goodness it's Friday!

Welcome Happydaisy and Byebigbutt! Good luck with all of your health goals.

Paperclippy, I miss New England falls!!! That leafy smell in the air, that brisk chill that's just cool enough for a sweatshirt, walking home at dusk barefoot in the cold, wet grass... you're making me homesick!

Lockitup, definitely count fruit & veggies! They can add up to a lot more calories than you realize, especially if you eat 5+ servings a day.

I've continued eating well (making good choices and eating 1500-1600 cal/day) and increasing protein this week. I'd like to drop it to 1500 cal/day if I can, but I'll settle for working out. Still no exercise. I've come up with 2 theories since I started dating the BF: 1) BFs make you fat; 2) BFs make you TIRED. We go to bed at the same time, but I have to be at work before he does, and we just keep talking and never want to go to sleep. I keep taking naps during my normal after work, pre-evening plan workout time. I'm stage managing a play at the local theater and we just started rehearsal 3x a week. It's terrible but it's almost a relief b/c I get more desperately needed sleep on rehearsal nights since I don't usually see the BF after rehearsal! Shh don't tell him, it has nothing to do w/ how much I love seeing him all the time.

How's everyone else doing? Any exciting weekend plans?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 08:45 AM   #30  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982
I've come up with 2 theories since I started dating the BF: 1) BFs make you fat; 2) BFs make you TIRED.
I so agree! Before I started dating Jeff, I had lost about 30 pounds. A year later, I had gained it all back (and then some!). We started eating out a LOT, and when we didn't eat out, we would order Chinese or pizza I'm going to buckle down on him, though, now that we're moving in together in 2 weeks