Old 06-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #16  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I take loads of food to work.

I go to the gym on the way so I take breakfast with me - cereal with low fat yoghurt (I don't like milk on cereal).

For snacks a bag of satsumas. I get through about 4 a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

For lunch a huge tub of fresh tomato soup. It's meant to serve 2, but as I don't have bread with it and it only has about 200 calories in the whole thing I eat the lot and it's really filling. I sometimes put some cooked chicken in it to add protein or bring a bit of bean salad if I made some the night before.

Also at lunchtime another low fat yoghurt and a huge punnet of berries, usually raspberries.

Then some more satsumas through the afternoon (usually 2 before lunch and 2 after, every hour and a half or so).

I always seem to be carrying tons of food though!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #17  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

here is my typical (South Beach) menu from Phase 1. I am always eating it seems!

(B) either Mock French Toast Scramble or 1 eggs, peppers, mushrooms and bacon scramble

(s) dannon low carb yogurt

(l) huge salad (cucumbers, celery, peppers, lettuce, cabbage), LF Mozzarella and chicken (Perdue and Lois Rich made pre-sliced jobs) with ranch dressing -- dessert is a sugar free candy of some sort (I like NIPS)

(s) peppers and hummus

And that's not including all the crystal lite I can drink.

(D) usually consists of a lean protein (fish/chicken/ground beef) and 2 veggies - dessert is sugar free jellow with cool-whip free or a peanut butter cup (FF fudgsicle, cool whip free and peanut butter)...

It's not bad at all - lots of things that are good for you, yes, but they make me feel good.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #18  
the faux to be famous

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm not on any plan per say, but I feel like the reason why I'm staying the weight I am is because of the sheer mounds of pasta I eat because I'm lazy. I've basically cleared out the cupboards and fridge (as much as I can...I live with two men as room mates, and they can eat anything and everything) of any white processed foods, and replaced them with whole wheat/multigrain products. I figure I could limit those down to a minimum (instead of almost every freaking meal) and see what happens.

Interesting breakfast idea...I may try it without the bacon. You don't feel your left arm going numb after eating something like that? I can't really diss something that I haven't tried, but I feel like I would feel lathargic after eating that (or am I talking crazy talk?) I like the portability (I'm re-reading this post, I don't even think that this is a word...but it'll work) of it though...something I could eat on the bus on the way to work for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie_777
nearly made me spit my water out all over my comp
Haha, well I almost did the same with the shake when I first tried it...I've been forcing that stuff down before I leave work ever since. It has a certain woody aftertaste that I just can't seem to get used to. That, and it makes my nalgene smell like something I would assume death smells like. The stuff cost me an arm and a leg and I'm not letting it win!

Last edited by hexagram; 06-06-2005 at 04:35 PM.
hexagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 10:10 AM   #19  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

On non-workout days, all I pack is a Lean Cuisine. On workout days, I pack a yogurt (to eat when I get to work after working out in the morning), a Lean Cuisine, and maybe a banana or an apple or something for later in the afternoon. Also, if I am going to be staying late I will pack a piece of fruit or maybe a slice of bread.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #20  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

When I worked full time I would take frozen meals, mostly Lean Cuisine, and some carrots for a snack. Now, I only work in the afternoons and I don't really need a snack.

However! I am really struggling with the candy all around the office. Also, we serve lunch to most of our clients so avoiding the food tables (high fat, high calorie, high everything foods) is the hardest thing for me. I'm going to take in string cheese and gum today and just pretend that the chocolate isn't there.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote