Old 08-04-2004, 01:44 PM   #16  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

TannyMC: The DEAD!!!! how cool, I bet that was a blast! I just got done watching a special on PBS on them getting back together and touring. I know going to see them play would be fun just people watching.

I also love the Amazing Race, I'm rooting for the cousins! They are so fun to watch...well, everyone is...but they are my favorites! I would love to do something like that, but I can't read a map!

Lori: I'm looking forward to seeing the Olympics as well...what sport do you like?

Lynnie: Good to see you back! Don't worry, you can get back on track, start today!

Tonic: When's the bachelorette party??? A few drinks sound like they are needed in your near future

Aimes: Don't fall off the wagon! (that would hurt)

Ok, everyone!! happy hump day...we are almost through the week!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:15 PM   #17  

spillthebeans - Funny you should ask. The drama this week has been that my maid of honor decided she was too busy to plan my bachelorette party. I'm pretty bummed about it.. but what can I do? I can't force someone to throw a party for me

I LOVE the amazing race too. I'm actually pulling for the couple thats dating and is in first place. I like the cousins, but sometimes they are kinda not so nice to others. I don't like the two models that are dating. They have burned pretty much everyone. Chip and his wife are growing on me...
tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:32 PM   #18  
Living the Laguna life...

Tonic! I'm sure you have other great friends that would be willing to throw a bachelorette party for you...why not ask them? Besides, why do you have to have someone throw your bachelorette party for you?? Why not call up some of your friends, go out to some bars, have a sleepover (like in junior high!), watch your favorite movies...whatever! It should be all about you hanging out with your friends and doing what you love. I think you should have your party even if your maid of honor can't throw it for you!!! Shoot, I'll come!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:36 PM   #19  

miss michelle - I don't want to ask someone because I think its kinda rude. I mean, I am asking someone to throw a party for ME. Doesn't that seem a little backwards? I think my maid of honor should ask someone to throw it for me if she doesnt want to. She just is too lazy to ask i guess. I can call up people and go out with them, thats about my only alternative, but its not really a bachelorette party in some ways. I'm sure I will figure it out. I really wanted a traditional bachelorette party.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #20  
Living the Laguna life...

hmm...that is true that its a little rude to ask someone to throw you a party. do your other friends know that your maid of honor is too busy to throw you a party? do you have a best friend/family member to drop some hints?? good luck! i hope you get your party!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #21  

Hey girls! It is so great to see the chatting pick up speed again. It was really slow for awhile. Guess what I just decided to do! I'm going back to school to become an accountant! Well, I guess this means that I'm just going to be busier and busier. But I think that's okay. Usually the more structured of a schedule I have the better I do with exercising and eating.

It's great to hear of all the wedding plans, (Tonic: sorry about the lack of your party) and to see old faces again (Lynnie: I hope your BIL is doing well!). It's great to hear of successes! And maybe even setbacks--then I know I'm not the only one!

Well, here goes another day. So far I'm doing good. I'm hoping to get out on my new rollerblades tonight! We're having some cooler weather than normal so it should be gorgeous. Press on...
deeloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:11 AM   #22  

Wink

Hello everyone! I know that I haven't really posted much but I need much support. I just got engaged and I have to really buckle down and start losing some weight. My biggest problem is on the weekend because I tell yall there is so much going on. For example this weekend i have my niece's birthday party, baby shower and a wedding. It has been so crazy in my family with 7 weddings. Anyways me and my fiance plan on getting married in about 2 years and thats because of financial issues and it's better for me because I can take time to lose weight. I was going to start on ww just because Ive tried all other kinds of diets that are so strict and I just gain what I lost plus more. I have started walking 3 miles a day three times a week and it has been going pretty good. Just very hot and humid here in Texas. Well wish me good luck everyone!!!! If anyone has any diet ideas or opinions please feel free to let me know, I need all of the help that I can get.

SW: 260
CW: 257
GW: 160
Carmelita83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:51 AM   #23  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

carmelita: congrats on the engagement!!!

well, yesterday i went on a second interview for this job that i interviewed for last friday. i wasn't really sure what the position was all about, but the second interview actually lasts all day (11-8). So I get out there and realize that what they do is sell coupons (for subway, for example) door to door! i was like... what? so i was walking all day yesterday which is great for my exercise routine but the job is definitely not for me. it's also all commission based... and would be a LARGE pay cut. so that was pretty much a waste of a day, except for getting the exercise!

but, i really need to find a new job!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:09 PM   #24  

I'm afraid my weight loss efforts have to take a break for a while. I found out on Friday that I am pregnant. 8 weeks pregnant. I am very excited but a little nervous. I am already bloaty. My pants are tight and only a few skirts and 1 pair of jeans are comfortable and my chest has gotten so big that my button up shirts are stretched and gapping. For once getting big isn't a bad thing. I plan to keep up my walking and eating right, but I don't think I should try to change anything or lose weight. I'm sure in March when its all said and done, I'll be needing to get rid of some baby weight. Hopefully you will still let me post on this thread.
South Dakota Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #25  
2blessed2Bstressed

Tonic: I don't think that would be weird for you to call up your girlfriends and say Hey, let's go out to a nice dinner, and go hit a club or better yet see some strippers?? or like Miss Michelle said, get some wine, order in chinese or pizza, rent some wedding theme videos and PARTY with the girls, big girl sleep over style. I have friends that have done this and really was the most fun. I think it's understandable that everyone is busy, and it is hard to plan things...but, you can turn the situation around...stay positive, it will be your best friend! (I hope that didn't sound too corney)

Carmelita: Congratulations! How exciting! You have plenty of time to get back in the shape that you want to be at. Pretty much the basic have helped me. watch my portions, plan my meals, no fast food or cokes, drink lots of water, and excercise. It sounds just too easy, it's not sometimes, but it's really rather simple and it WORKS if you work it!

TannyMC: Good Luck on the job search. It is wearing to research jobs, send out resumes and go on interviews. I have been there! Something will come along soon! :

Meredith: Congratulations! Just because your pregnant doesn't mean you have to quit coming on board. Would love to hear all about it! I'm a pisces so your baby is going to be cool kid!! LOL

Ok girls we have been quite chatty this week, which is great! I love this thread the most. It really allows us to learn more about one another as we all are dealing with the fact we will soon be healthy and feeling great!!

Last edited by spillthebeans; 08-05-2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:11 PM   #26  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

This Thread has been so busy lately, which is absolutely terrrific!!

Lynnie- Welcome back! Its good to see you!!

STB- I love watching the diving, gymnastics and the track & field events.

Tonic- Good luck with the Bachelorette Party, I didn't have one either. My Maid of Honor slept over and we did our toe nails and talked all night.

Dee Loser- When I first when to college I started off as an accountant major. I then switched to Business and got my degree in international business with a minor in accounting. Some day I would love to go back and finish my degree in accounting.

Carmelita- Congrats on your engagement!! I started WW in June and its something I could probably do for the rest of my life. Its totally reasonable.

Megan- Sorry about the job. Doesn't sound like something I would want to do either

Meredith- Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! Any morning sickness? With my first child I had it pretty bad in the first trimester and actually lost 10 lbs.
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #27  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

Meredith - congrats on being pregnant!! it's great that you're going to keep up your healthy ways while pregnant. others see it as a free pass to eat whatever. you probably won't have that much baby weight to lose!!

lori - right on, who would want to do that kind of job? all i kept thinking was "i did not go to college for this."

today, since boyfriend has the day off, we are going to see The Village. i've been wanting to see it, but the reviews havent been all that wonderful. oh well... i rarely dislike movies!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 01:33 PM   #28  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Megan- you have to tell me how the Village is!! I usually don't get to see movies until they go to DVD!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #29  
2blessed2Bstressed

Yeah! It's Friday, shake your booty!

Not much planned this weekend. I would love to see that movie as well as Collateral w/ Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Not a big Tom Cruise fan (i know, I"m odd) but a Huge Jamie Foxx fan. I love his show, it reruns at night, and it cracks me up..I'll be laughin out loud in my living room at some of the crazy faces and things he does.

I'm a broke college student so I'll just be chillin at home, maybe go lay out at the pool.

What else does everyone else have planned for the weekend?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:07 PM   #30  

Ok, I am super excited for this weekend. My fiance is coming home from his 3 month internship!!!!!!

Oh and all this stress could be a good thing, I seem to be losing weight. The scale said 144 this morning!!! WOW!
Its not a healthy way to tlose weight, but nothing I can do about it now. I don't want to force myself to eat tons when I am not hungry and I am not working out.