Old 05-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/299/175

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy I think I might be developing an ED

I'm new here, I don't really know what to do. If you have ever heard of a voat group called "Fat People Hate" I fell victim to it last week, and I feel like my life has spiraled out of control since. I had a ton of people looking at my picture saying "She should kill herself for the sake of her child" (the pic posted was of me and my baby). People repeatedly saying having a dead mom is better than having a fat mom.

I cried. A lot.

Fast forward to today, and I ate a sandwich for lunch, then immediately went to the bathroom and purged. Like, I didn't even think about it, I just did it...After I was disappointed in myself, but at the same time, it felt weirdly satisfying.

I don't have health insurance, I can't afford it, and make just enough to where I can't be on state coverage. I can't afford a therapist.

Today was the first day I have purged, but it is also the first day in over a week that I ate anything more than 300 calories at once. My weight loss shown on here is all from 2 weeks.

I don't know what to do. I feel myself going down a dark path that I want to avoid for my baby, but I also don't want her to have a fat mom.
SquishDish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Holy moly. I've never heard of that group, but that's horrid. How did you find out about that? That's horrible bullying behavior.

Look- this sounds trite, but haters will hate. And clearly people on that voat (I don't even know what a voat is) are haters. And they're saying hateful things. Please don't even look at what they're saying. It's a reflection on them, on their small-mindedness and hateful hearts. They're judging one thing about your appearance and they don't know all the wonderful things about you. And I'm sure there are many wonderful things about you.

Please don't let their hate control you and develop an eating disorder or self-loathing or things of that nature.

It might be worth exploring whether you have any legal options here. Perhaps you can have the image removed? I'd think if someone is using your image without your permission that you have some legal rights.

And fwiw- a loving mom (fat or thin) is what a child needs.

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 05-04-2017 at 03:59 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #3  
Tough Turtle

S/C/G: 199/183/115-120

Height: 5 ft 4 in

What is a voat group? A dead mom is better than a fat mom? Craaazzaay like what brain damage have these people gotten? I guess just try to whatever you can to get past it whether it be legal, seeing a therapist, or just turning the other cheek if you can. You got us on here, and tomorrow is always a new day you can start over .
bloominbutterflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Wait..... What??

How old are these people? This sounds like teenage bullying? Do people actually do this??

I was 323lbs when I started my weight loss journey, I knew that there was no other way of doing it, than doing it the most healthy way possible, a way that would teach me to make better decisions for me, and for my family. I bet that you are not eating enough in the slightest..... which means your body is going to hold onto every single thing you feed it, even if you do purge. You will kill your metabolism if you haven't already, and you will continue to have weight troubles unless you fix it. You can't let idiots determine how you live your life.... if your picture is still up... seek legal advice, that is just plain wrong. But other than that, you need to start believing that you can change your MIND.... then your body will follow. You have to allow yourself to be happy on the inside and the outside. Start with the in and the out will come too....

So talking about the in.... Make sure that you are fuelling your body with the right foods, fresh fruit, veg, meat, eggs, lots of water, some potatoes..... start with eating fresh first. Then in a little while once you have got that down.... start tracking your calories... see how many you eat in a week on your new fresh food diet. Then aim for about 1500 calories, (even if you are below it... 1500 minimum) and if you aren't active, start walking... do you have a step tracker? start with a manageable goal... work up to 10,000 a day (this could take months). If you are active... go with 10,000 and add in 3x workouts a week and build on that.

You don't want to have to lose 100lbs and then go through it all again after gaining, you need to take it slow.... make it a lifestyle change and learning journey, so that once you hit your target, you know how to stay there. The first 30lbs is the most difficult on your mindset.... then after say 6 months you start to doubt how you were even eating certain things before, after a year you start to wonder how inactive you were before. One step at a time..... You will be the best and most informed mother, because I bet many of those haters have no clue what they are eating.... I would rather be the one who was 185lbs and toned like a machine, and knew so much about food and nutrition, that my body was super healthy. Than 145lbs no muscle.... and slightly anaemic because I have no clue whats in my food.

I want you to remember that ever single time you purge.... that you are STALLING weight loss. Not helping...

This website I feel will help you with some of your barriers to weight loss, sometimes even having a moan helps get some emotions off your chest.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:26 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

SquishDish, I hope you are having a better day today. Please stay away from that voat, you don't need to see hateful things like that. Surround yourself with positive people. Read positive things. Do something good for your health today- take a walk, or choose water over a caloric drink, or play with your child. Don't let the haters bring you down. My dad had a saying, "Illegitimi non carborundum." (Don't let the ba$tard$ grind you down). Remember that. If you let them destroy your self-confidence, your self-love, they win. Don't let them win.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 315/299/175

Height: 5'10"

Yes, it's all adults unfortunately. I was sent the link anonymously. I lost 90lbs before my baby, and I'm not sure why this is happening now, but I really appreciate all of the support. Just having a rough couple of weeks.
SquishDish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #7  
Here to Learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishDish View Post
Yes, it's all adults unfortunately. I was sent the link anonymously. I lost 90lbs before my baby, and I'm not sure why this is happening now, but I really appreciate all of the support. Just having a rough couple of weeks.
Whoever 'anonymously' did that is a coward. And the people saying those things are hateful. I'm sorry you are going through that.

I had a stranger call me an "old hag" yesterday, among other things. It shouldn't matter to me, but it does. We just have to remember that people like that are ugly on the inside, and that's far worse.