Old 08-25-2016, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/236/145

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

Default Mean Girls in Your 20's?

I thought the mean girl thing was supposed to die in high school! Apparently not... My job involves meeting lots of people. that is great, but I have found that girls in their 20's are just as mean as those in their teens. I'm 26 and have been struggling with my weight since high school ended. I don't appreciate being bullied at the office by women (sometimes men) that think they are better just because they can eat a cookie and not gain 10 pounds.
Kwagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

I totally get what you are saying! I have struggled with my weight for almost my whole life and I cannot stand it when it seems like some people can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound and then like to announce it to the world.

I guess its just something you have to try and let roll off your back. I try to do that but sometimes on hard days it seems impossible.
kstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Those people are sad and clearly have no lives if they have to bully other people about something as dumb as weight...I always think, well weight will change because you're working on it but their horrid personality is something they have to live with forever! Definitely try not to let it get to you.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I am soo sorry that even at 26 you have to deal with these idiots. I am 27 and I notice that while no one actually says anything to me, people do treat me differently because of my weight. It has had me down at many points along the way, but now I use it to fight harder to lose enough weight to be able to have a big UP YOU to all those haters.

That stuff should be left in your teenage years, and even then, those who hated will soon regret it when they go grey at 30 or bald at 28 or fat themselves.

If they can see that you are eating healthy at work and you are genuinely trying to lose weight, then nothing they can say or do has any worth.

I understand the gaining on nothing. If I eat any version of pasta or fries or anything like that, ill instantly put weight on.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:19 AM   #5  
mam1958

S/C/G: 307/267/160

Height: 5'6"

Scotsgirl,

Have you checked to see if you have PCOS or are insulin resistant? If so finding out if this is true will help you avoid foods that are toxic to you.

I know because I have both. I am just telling you this because it will make things so much easier for you to lose if you find out.

Google PCOS or check on Pinterest.

Kwagley I am 57 and I still get people that look at me or make jokes about my weight. People need to pick on others to make themself feel better. Ignore them the best you can and lose this this weight. That will be your answer to them.

If it gets too bad report them everyone has a right to have a comfortable work place.

Good luck...
mam1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:30 AM   #6  
Determind Member

Mam1958 Hey, my best friend has PCOS but her symptoms are like obvious PCOS. I do have a few things on the list, Weight gain (but I have always been heavy), very thin hair, lots of skin tags around my neck and arm pits (but that is popular in the family), and the fact that looking back at my teenage years, I should of had a few kids by now. I even lost one very early on at 17.

I do get pains in my right hip often and my doctor believes that I suffer from a blocked cyst.

I don't suffer from the major things that are red flags for PCOS, like excess hair, irregular periods and stuff like that.

I actually started gaining weight after becoming a vegetarian at 9 years old, back in the 90's there was no nutritional info on foods and no one really knew how to deal with a child who wanted to be veggie back then. So all I ate was pasta, fries, veggies, and lots more carbs. When starting to lose weight I realised that the morning after eating pasta, I would gain one or two lbs. I also feel soo slow and tired, and unmotivated. It doesn't help that I LOVE PASTA! but I now can't eat it and I have just let it go.

I will keep an eye on some of the symptoms that I have because I have always struggles with weight and that would make a lot of sence.

xx
Old 09-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Current 210 Goal 198

Height: 5 foot 11

I have to say as a male that mean girls seemed to follow me up all the way through college. There always seemed to be one or two women in my "circle of friends" that enjoyed picking on me for being overweight or starting to lose my hair. I feel better sharing that haha. Women are not the only ones who get the wrath!
LiftLaughLiveSHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #8  
Determind Member

Talking about hair, My best friend since we were 13 is going a little thin on top. I see our other friends making comments about it, he laughs it off, but I know that it bothers him. The last time we were all together I gave them all into trouble for it. I can see how it relates, usually I am the one who receives the fat jokes but watching it happen to someone else is horrid, how can people let others get away with it?
Old 09-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Kwagley, well unfortunately there are mean people at EVERY age range! but I'm sorry that there are alot of them at your office. How are they bullying you? Just asking to see if maybe it's a HR situation. I know no one wants to go that route but hey.

Yeah I'm in my 50's, my boss is at least 10 years older, yet he has made comments to others about my weight when it goes up and down. Jerk.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 11:57 PM   #10  

To naturally nice people it's quite shocking when we encounter mean people because we expect everyone to be as nice as we are. So when people are mean, we tend to blame ourselves and think it's our fault. Why, after all, would someone be mean for no reason other than pure nastiness? I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that some women are just horrible for no reason, and I'm in my early thirties. Sometimes, it arises out of jealousy or insecurity. Maybe you're good at your job or have a great boyfriend or something that brings out the claws of these cows who point to the obvious and easy thing - weight. Maybe they're deeply unhappy so they lash out. Who knows. The one thing we know for sure is that it has nothing to do with you. It's their problem not yours.
sylphide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/157/122

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry you're having to go through that. Those people are incredibly insecure and/or lead miserable lives and are using you as an outlet for their angst. I'm the same as Scotsgal in that while I haven't had many other girls become confrotational to me in my 20s, they've treated me so much differently. The people I unfortunately have to associate with are much thinner than me and I get the "fat look" a lot (you know where they kind of eye you up and down and judge whatever you're wearing or eating?), and they can become pretty nasty. If they're not rude, I feel like they fake a kindness when we're around cute guys because they know there's no competition with me when it comes to guys. I make them look better. The boy will always go to one of my prettier, skinnier colleagues.
Stay strong! <3
Emsikins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20's, mean girls, professionals