Tall Twins to One-derland!

You're on Page 11 of 14
Go to
  • Hi everyone!

Again, I've been gone for a few days longer than I would've liked, but I'm back and closer to 229 than ever!

I had a crazy weekend. A little too much drinking and eating so I was sure I was going to spend Spring Break just doing damage control but I got on the scale this morning and it was 232! I'm hoping over the next few days to get to 229 and then my goal for this month is to get to 225 so I can start next month with goals to be 219.

Moving forward like this is making me really happy. I knew a plateau would happen eventually but I had hoped it wouldn't be so scary. It's been pretty nerve wracking though. I've had a few days where I felt like I was surely slipping right back into old habits and that I'd be back to 300lbs in no time.

Now I don't feel that way and in fact am in pretty high spirits.

I hope everyone else is doing well, from what I've read today it looks good!
  • Hey Twinnies!!

So I have been doing well as far as staying on track and everything, I just have to keep reminding myself to pat myself on the back when I have done well . Like today, I honestly did not think I was gonna work out today--proved myself wrong . Yeah it was mostly driven by my fear of scale dissapointment-- but the fact is though, I did it . There also several times during the course of the day, where I turn down food or modify my serving to fit my needs. I have completely changed the way I view eating in these past months, and have done it in a way that I don't have to say NEVER to my favorite foods. I just truly think I would not have made it this far if I did --not at all with my inner Ms. gy.
    So here is to every Twin that has made a change for herself no matter how imperfect we believe that we execute that change, because WE DID IT!

Paisleymama I hope you remember to let me know how things turn out, because I hadn't really thought about what other changes to my body might occur in Wonderland--and about the bio oil too, quite certain I have heard of that too. Think it was through a review I watched or read sometime back.

thewalrus0 YOU CAN DO IT!! We just have to give ourselves credit where credit is due, and I'm pretty sure you have a lot to give . And isn't that great when we expect the worst of the scale and he/she pops up and says--"I told you, I do what I want" . Woe to those of us that attempt to control the scale .
  • I was sick for 3 weeks. And I couldn't get back into the groove when I am sick. So I got a box of nutrisystem to get me going and braved the scale. I'm at 221.5 currently. I am hoping to be under 220 by official weigh in day
  • Hi, Hi, Twins!

Feel gross right now, think it was the greasy french fries I ate, so I deserve this feeling . On a lighter note--I am lighter . Wasn't funny?? Who cares?! Jumped on the scale today and was like yay--so glad I actually worked out yesterday. I like to feel like I deserve my losses, rather than "Wow, how'd that happen?". So I carried that success on, worked my butt off and despite my greasy fries, was under cals--greasy fries need love too .
    On the downside, I am one pound away from having to recalculate my daily caloric intake, and because I am greedy ...well, I 'm feeling.... Hopefully it will be an unnoticeable amount, because I refuse to eat back my exercise calories --I mean--where they do that at??! I need to go to bed....

Daimere I was wondering where you went!! Send us a post card or something, dammit! I'm glad you are doing better, and that you are ready to get back to . We can sooo do this D!!
  • MarliQQ- Yeah 3 weeks of being sick. And then guilt after that. I just kept not getting back on plan. Finally I had a dream that I was 244 again and a resident made a comment that I wasn't losing weight anymore. So I was like gotta get back into the mode. I was 219 when I woke up. YAY
  • Hey everyone!

Looks like we're all doing pretty good!

I'm hanging right on the edge of 229 and I'm so ready to be in another bracket, I'll tell you what.

Feeling good though. I really think my TOM was getting to me. Sometimes I remember the whole time "Oh it's probably TOM" but for some reason last week I just kept forgetting that it was probably the culprit behind my issues. :P Seems so obvious now but I was a little panicked.
  • Hi ladies!!! Miss me??

Update for y'all! I recently went out and bought a bunch of workout games, because the neighborhood I live in is just too dangerous to walk alone in.. been doing the exercizes for a week now and also just purchased some organic vitamin supplements to help with my engery levels. So far... IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm doing great, eating great, feeling great! And with any luck the scale will reflect that at my next weigh in... stil lbeen hovering at 230, so with all this added stuff I'm thinking it'll finally budge!!!
  • Hi, Hi Twinnies!

Wow! Look at everyone getting their butts back into gear. Hey SamanthaAngela! Yes I did miss you! I knew you would eventually be back! Working out with some games sounds fun, GL!

Daimere Well get back in the two-teen thread, a lot of us from 220-230 graduated! I miss your daily updates.

thewalrus0 I know. Been there . It gets hard like that during TOM. I think it is the hormones that makes our thinking fuzzy and prone to go out to buy a pepsi, snickers, ice cream, and donuts....oh, okay that last part is probably just me .

I worked out today-- for sweat! I am almost done with my current workout program, and I can just taste the end . Or maybe I can't...only because I was considering doing an all veggie/fruit week right after. It did the body great when I did it last time. I need to decide quick, because there is no way I can choose the week before or of my TOM. I would be the grumpiest girl in the world ....
  • Ok, so I'm in love with these supplements. It's a been a day and I've already lost 2 lbs! I know that's pretty dang fast and not too terribly healthy, but considering I haven't budged in a month, I'll take it. The pills I'm taking are for bodybuilding beginners (which is what I'm doing) and one pill is for regulating the thyroid, one is a metabolizer, and the third is a multivitamin. All natural ingredients... hella expensive though ( 3 bottles was 130 dollars x.x) But they are giving me the energy to get through my daya nd tack on a 2-3 hour workout when I get home.. simply awesome!!
  • I made this last night:
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2009/03...-or-wraps.html

I tried mashed cauliflower and YUM.

Ehhh, my weight keeps fluctuating lately. 220+/210+/220+/etc. I hope today will be better
  • Oh wow, that recipe looks amazing! I just ate lunch, but looking at that makes my mouth water, haha!
  • Hey ladies!!!

I haven't been around for about a week... sorry about that! I got a Bartholin cyst and was just out of it for a week. AND I got my TOM this past week on top of that as well and so weight-wise, I only lost about a pound and a half. Frustrating when I have been used to a 2+ lb weight loss the past 4 weeks. Oh well! I'll take any loss, especially during my TOM.

I read through everybody's posts and I am so excited to see all of the encouraging posts! It seems like whatever March slump there might have been at the beginning of this month is now being replaced with success! Love it!

Tomorrow is weigh in wednesday for me and I'm hoping for a 2 lb loss now that my lady problems have passed...

Hope you twins have a greattt rest of your week!
  • I made this tonight on top of the a bed of greens. I doubled it and then forgot to double the spices.
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/03...nzo-beans.html

I am still tracking on mfp even though I am on day 2 of SBD (no tracking needed). I don't know if I am completely out of the woods and into the teens. Officially I am 218.5. Today I will probably use this to make stuffed bell peppers. And I just made this:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/south-beach-diets-mocha-ricotta-creme-phase-i-110938

It is a nice dessert. But don't make the mistake I did yesterday by confusing ricotta with feta (don't ask me how I did that).
  • So last night, I was resigned to drinking a protein shake for dinner when my aunt said she was taking my uncle and I out to dinner. Ended up eating a Caesar salad and BBQ Chicken (omg it was delicious and terrible XD). So, to make up for it I decided to break out the Zumba and did a full workout. Now, mind you all, I've never even made it through a short 20 minute Zumba workout without stopping. Last night I did the full extended workout (90 minutes) WITHOUT STOPPING. I've never sweat that much in my entire life, but god did it feel good! I am loving this new routine, I can't say it enough!!
  • Finally hit 229!

<3

I'm really glad to have broken the 220's.