Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

What do I do when I'm hungry? Eat. I eat small portions frequently and do not overeat. I don't really have any hard and fast rules for myself as long as I am truly hungry. I have found that if I am hungry and I don't overeat, it doesn't matter when I eat. If I'm in bed for the night and get hungry (like right now, actually) I generally don't eat, mainly because I'm too lazy to get back up.

Also, it would probably be helpful to take some additional snacks that are a little more substantial than raw veggies.
josie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 PM   #17  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

CherryPie99 - It's great that it worked that way for you! Congrats on your weight loss, you're a real inspiration!

I've had a different experience with my meal times though, as I mentioned. I guess it just comes down to what works best for you. For me, deciding on a time when I will stop eating for the day (barring, as mentioned, certain exceptions) helps keep me on-plan and has provided me with noticeable results. (Also, funnily enough, I eat exactly opposite to you. HUGE breakfast, decent lunch, small dinner, snacks in between.)

IanG - If only we were all so lucky!

Last edited by epicskyline; 06-13-2013 at 11:12 PM.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #18  

Tried the small snacks today. That helped a lot and just so I didn't feel guilty at night I just ate fruit.
Beccajuanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #19  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Eat more calories. It doesn't matter what time of day you eat your food at. I eat constantly throughout the day (small, evenly spaced apart meals) and sometimes right before bed. I'm 110 lbs. You need to be eating protein, veggies, healthy fats, and complex carbs. Those foods will keep you full the longest and are the healthiest for you.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #20  
under construction

Height: 5'6

I agree with the notion that it dosent matter when you eat .... it matters how much you eat

im a night owl i fall asleep around 4 AM most nights ( awake by 7:30 with DH before he goes to work and then i get up for real about 10:00 AM )

My typical day is waking up eatting something doing my house hold chores , and some school related stuff laundry or groceries depending on the day , cooking dinner and then i wait for DH to come home again we eat a little bit together he showers and gets himself together for work the next day , and then goes to bed im up cleaning up after dinner taking care of my cats and little odds and ends in the house and then i watch tv and im guilty of eating at about 2 :00 AM and ive lost 30 lbs so far

I record EVREYTHING i eat i think thats important because i have bad self control when i see on pen and paper how much ive eatten it detters me from wanting too much

i like MYFITNESSPAL i use the mobile app it has a scanner and it gves me an idea of how many pounds to shoot for the food data base is pretty complete and you can add your own foods as well

please dont starve yourself , noone deserves to go to bed hungry
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #21  

I stay up late as well so I maybe I'm goin to try eating late as long as I have the calories burnt for it.
Beccajuanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #22  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

CherryPie99 and Aidanqm ~ The weight your at/trying to get too is it still a healthy weight? It seems awful low so I was just curious
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
CherryPie99 and Aidanqm ~ The weight your at/trying to get too is it still a healthy weight? It seems awful low so I was just curious
according to their listed heights they would fall in the low end of normal for both of them, cherrypie a littler closer to the middle as she is shorter than aidnqm. It will really boil down to their body type whether it is healthy or not
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #24  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Oh okay well I was just curious, Thanks for answering my question

Last edited by Terra1984; 07-24-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 232/ticker!/155

Height: 5'8"

I agree with most of what I've seen in this thread. My personal habit I've formed over the past few weeks is whenever I start experiencing hunger pangs, I drink a glass of water, as it is often the case that when I feel hungry, I might actually be thirsty! Also the water makes your stomach feel a bit fuller so that when you do eat something (whether it's meal time or just time for a snack) I might eat a bit less. It has worked so far and I've been drinking much more water too!
chel3fsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #26  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Usually I drink a bottle of water. If that doesn't work, then it's a rice cake with peanut butter.
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote