Old 07-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #121  
Pottymouth

S/C/G: 182.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I suck I was sooo out lol.

I didn't log for a couple days when I work all my back to back night shifts in a row I barely have time to shower and pack my lunch and get 6 hrs sleep in between if I'm lucky plus I have grad school. No time for running or interneting and logging. So yeah getting in my 3 C25K workouts didn't happen in the first week. Still doing awesome on the fluidity bar and the eating so it's not a total loss. Boy this sounds like a whole lot of excuses for a no excuses challenge....

Keep going all your hardcore Chicas you're doing great! Do what I couldn't!
TraumaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

So I dropped out of the challenge in that I forgot I was supposed to check in every day, but I am still going. I started my new weights routine this week! My arms are soooo sore, but that makes me happy, because it tells me I'm doing something.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

trauma nurse and musical astronaut-that sucks! But it's great that you guys are keeping with it on your own

pink hurricane Go hiking!

Pretty sore form yesterday. Took today off from exercise Yesterday I weighed myself at my parents house and I think I might have broken into the 140s...not totally convinced though. Will wait till I weigh on my scale
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #124  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Just a really quick check-in, I'm so tired right now.

Weight this morning: 138.4 lbs
Food: Stayed within my calories but allowed myself a few treats. It was a busy day (work, helping my brother move)
Cardio: 2 x 15 min bike ride
Weight training: Rest day
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #125  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Super sore here today too, I ended up doing Insanity Cardio Recovery, my muscles were begging for a break lol! I did allow myself one rest day a week, so I may or may not take it tomorrow, we shall see. But I count doing Cardio Recovery as a rest day, even though you still sweat a good bit because of the yoga like stretching, I still consider it rest.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #126  
Breathing.

Dottington - Thank you I've broken into the 130s a few times but went back up right after. So right now I'm just trying to wait it out and see what happens before I get all excited for nothing A 5 hour hike? Holy gazoly, that's nuts! You must've burned so many calories. How much do you eat on a day like that?

Weight this morning: 138.4 lbs
Food: More than half of my calories came from junk food - not cool.
Cardio: 15 min bike ride + 35 min HIIT run
Weight training: Day 5 out of 7 completed

TOM is over, did I have the big famous whoosh? We'll see in the morning. I had a lot of chocolate today and nothing else really. Only 1 slice of protein bread with turkey breast, 1 fried egg and an apple for breakfast. And for dinner I had the same thing except I had some cucumbers instead of the apple and some pistachios. I skipped lunch because I was eating little chocolates with my niece.

We got 10 more days to go! Let's do it!

Last edited by Hoopty; 07-10-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #127  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I can't believe we are already halfway through with this challenge! I'm loving it and it has been so motivating to staying OP and kicking butt!
I'm happy that I've lost another pound, hoping to be able to take off one more for the week before weigh in, I did Cardio Power and Resistance this evening so I'm still feeling pretty good after that!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #128  

Hoopty On a day like that I eat 2500+ calories! Monday I ate 2590, but my net was still only 361 calories. Haha that's why I love day hikes! But its actually not so much fun to eat on those days because its like you're eating to survive and you can kind of feel your body breaking down and its really strange. So food isn't for enjoyment at all, but more like "Oh man I need to eat all this so I don't die!" haha

Pink Hurrican Great job losing another lb, I agree this challenge has been SUPER motivating And seeing everyone check in everyday has been really inspiring too, it really feels like we're doing this together

So we're half way through and I feel like its really getting easier to stay on plan! The first few days were rough, but now its really becoming 2nd nature and I'm finally adjusting to the drop in calories. I think this has been the most effective challenge I've ever done on this site Today did my strength training, which is finally getting easier. Still very sore though from monday bleh. Getting my scale back tomorrow and really curious/scared!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #129  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottington View Post

So we're half way through and I feel like its really getting easier to stay on plan! The first few days were rough, but now its really becoming 2nd nature and I'm finally adjusting to the drop in calories. I think this has been the most effective challenge I've ever done on this site
THIS is exactly why I set up this challenge. My previous challenges have always been about the weight itself, but making a change to improve your health isn't always about the number on the scale - it's the hard work you put into changing an unhealthy lifestyle. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I'm so happy it's working for you and everyone else still in the running! I might even make this a monthly challenge

Confession time: I've had to bow out of the challenge. I got sick on Monday and while I tried my best to not eat any ready meals I caved and went convenient since I can't stand up properly to cook for myself. I live on my own, so when I get sick and I get hungry I just want to eat something that takes no time at all. I thought I would let it slide since I have been sick and it's not entirely my fault, but I figured that's not honest and decided to fess up. But I will still host the challenge and spur you ladies on, I still love what this challenge stands for even if most people have gone! I will also be back on plan as soon as this passes!

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-11-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #130  

Riestrella You should totally make this a monthly challenge I know I would love it, and I'm sure others would get a lot out of it too, plus you're so good at running a challenge and making spreadsheets I'm sorry about being sick and having to bow out Its so hard to do anything, let alone stick to an exercise/diet plan when you're sick!

Went hiking in the rain today with my bff. Also, got MY scale back! But my weight is up bc of the intense exercise I've been doing. I'm actually not that upset bc for example monday and the previous couple days I weighed 149, then the day after the crazy hike I weighed 154, then this morning 153, then after my hike today 151 so I know its just dumb water weight
Old 07-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #131  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Lurking to say I'm definitely in for the next challenge! Looking forward to it. GL y'all with finishing up the challenge! Doing great so far!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #132  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I'll make this next month! I won't be partaking however, I'm going to be travelling for 2 weeks and my friend is coming to Tokyo from England so I'm not about to risk trying to keep on a food plan when she's come all the way to see me!

I thought it would be a good idea to have these challenges at the beginning of every month, that way the last 10 or so days of the month you can be a bit more lenient with your plan (but hopefully never go completely off!) then back ON again for the next month.

Dott - Defo water weight! Just chug water and maybe give yourself an off day from the exercise and I'm sure the number will plummet. Happy that you're not being down on yourself about the number, you've been awesome! Keep it up.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 AM   #133  
Breathing.

Weight in the morning: 139.6 lbs
Food: On plan!
Cardio: 2 x 15 min bike ride
Weight training: Rest day

It's 9:30 am over here, I forgot to post last night because I was stinkin tired.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #134  

Riestrella I really like the idea of have 10 days at the end to be more lenient Thanks for the encouragement

Weight still dumb. Today is my off day, so I'm going to try to allow myself to enjoy it, but its so hard bc part of me just really wants to exercise! But I know its important for me to rest
Old 07-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #135  
Breathing.

Riestrella - Another challenge next month? Heck yeah! I'm definitely in

Weight this morning: 140.0 lbs
Food: Lots of healthy stuff today!
Cardio: 30 min walk
Weight training: Day 6 out of 7 completed

Okay, so this might be TMI but after 2 days of no-poo and no-pee I was finally, FINALLY able to...you know. Before I had breakfast (and BM) I weighed 140.0 lbs and after my bladder and intestines decided to empty themselves (and after breakfast) I was at 139.6 lbs. I still wrote down 140.0 lbs though. I'm kind of relieved because I was starting to get stomach pains.

We got one week left, let's do it!

Last edited by Hoopty; 07-12-2013 at 06:39 PM.