Old 05-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/see ticker/135 (HW210-220)

Height: 5'5'' (technically 5'5.4'' but whos counting lol)

Default I dont know what went wrong (minus last night)

This week (week 3 of ww) I wanted to amp up the weight loss so I increased my running, I kept my same amount of food intake but each day the scale would say i went up a lb. I thought maybe this was muscle but now its been 7 days and its still going up! I did have a diet slip up last night but that has nothing to do with what happened all week long. Its very frustrating doing more work and gaining. I know I have PCOS but that cant possibly be the reason bc ive been smaller before.

Any ideas? Suggestions?
curlyfroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I retained water before when I increased my exercise time before but then it started to go back down. Just keep up what you know worked before and you will see results.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:14 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliesinmycereal View Post
I retained water before when I increased my exercise time before but then it started to go back down. Just keep up what you know worked before and you will see results.
Thank you, Im going back to being good today. Im not going to weigh myself officially this week and just keep it going with what I have been doing bc I really dont want to go back to where I know it was only like 7-9 lbs but it really did make a difference (maybe it was in my mind)
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

How many calories are you eating? Runners need more food! You also need lots of water and PROTEIN!! Anything less than 1600 calories and you might not be eating enough.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

It could definitely be water retention. Your weight can fluctuate 5-10lbs daily from water alone! Weighing yourself every day is fine, but don't put too much stock in it. Look more at how it changes overall from week to week.

Also, the weight gain won't be from muscle - it takes a long time & a lot of hard work to build muscle mass. You wouldn't be gaining it that quickly, especially from just running. So don't worry about that being the culprit.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #6  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

I'm on the water retention boat. When you increase your exercise your body holds on to the water to help repair all of those tiny tears you create in the muscle. Plus since you're doing a high impact work out, you're body wants to lubricate your joints to prevent damage so a lot of water is being added there. In time you'll see the loss, just keep going.
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #7  

Thank you so much everyone for responding. I am hoping its water retention.

Musicalastro: I usually try not to weigh myself everyday but when I saw the number go up and up I couldnt help but keep weighing myself in a panic.

Ristrella: I am on Weight watchers so I dont calorie count but I am allowed 26 pts and before increasing the work out I did not use all my points usually average 15-18pts a day and im good. But this week i was a lil higher than my average but still within my allowed points.

Glitteryhairdye: I am going to keep up with it because I honestly just hoping its water weight like you said. If I give up I WILL gain the weight back.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #8  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Maybe you are not eating enough if on average you are 11-8 pts under your daily limit without counting added exercise points. Consider trying to consume closer to your allowance.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:09 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
Maybe you are not eating enough if on average you are 11-8 pts under your daily limit without counting added exercise points. Consider trying to consume closer to your allowance.
Yes I know your supposed to eat all your points but Im not going to force myself, I simply was not hungry. Now this week increasing the workout I was a lot hungrier and ate closer to my points but i figured the extra working out would equal the extra eating of the points and technically ww said as long as you stay in your points you will be fine.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #10  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Well, I have been doing WW for over a year, and I calorie count as well, so I can tell you that 15-18 ppts is probably only about 700-800 calories consumed, depending on the food. If you were doing that for an extended period of time, then it is possible that your metabolism has slowed way down. That is a dangerously low amount of calories to consume on a consistent basis, and your body will go into starvation mode and slow down its metabolism to compensate. So then, now that you are eating that extra 400-500 calories, your body is gaining weight.

It could also be water retention, as others have said. Do you drink enough water? Try taking a day off the jogging and drink, like, 4 quarts of water over the course of the day. You'll be peeing a lot, but I bet the scale will go down the next day!

Good luck, I hope you get it worked out.

Last edited by epicskyline; 05-31-2013 at 03:45 PM.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicskyline View Post
Well, I have been doing WW for over a year, and I calorie count as well, so I can tell you that 15-18 ppts is probably only about 700-800 calories consumed, depending on the food. If you were doing that for an extended period of time, then it is possible that your metabolism has slowed way down. That is a dangerously low amount of calories to consume on a consistent basis, and your body will go into starvation mode and slow down its metabolism to compensate. So then, now that you are eating that extra 400-500 calories, your body is gaining weight.

It could also be water retention, as others have said. Do you drink enough water? Try taking a day off the jogging and drink, like, 4 quarts of water over the course of the day. You'll be peeing a lot, but I bet the scale will go down the next day!

Good luck, I hope you get it worked out.
I didnt see this until just now its been a crazy week. I have continued to eat the same amount of points this week( the increased amount) and kept the same work out routine. It makes me very nervous using weeklies on 2 days, I also did take a day off from jogging to just breathe bc Im getting anxiety over the scale. I do need to drink a lot more water I keep saying I will but never do. Either way I lost a lil over 4 lbs this week of the gained amount. hopefully by next week I wont still be playing catchup. I'm glad I did not just give up & decide its all useless like the old me would have done. Thanks for the advice, im going to fill my brita up pitcher today!