Old 04-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #16  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I eat cereal for breakfast pretty much every day, even as a kid I'd cereal 6 days a week (7 if I wasn't lucky enough to have my dad make me french toast on saturday lol)
I do fiber one, or kashi with a cup of skim milk
Lately I've been having greek yogurt and 1/3 of a cup of granola and I love it. Especially mixing flavors like honey greek yogurt with pb granola. mmm.
On days when I have more time I'll make eggs, or a breakfast sandwich, or greek yogurt pancakes

Theres lots of good oatmeal recipes out there too, I've just never been a fan of oatmeal. Though I've seen recipes for a oatmeal breakfast cookie that I've been wanting to try
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #17  
The Last 10lbs!

Recently I've been making and having this: http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2012/0...for-breakfast/
One batch (with double the amount of oats) is about 4 servings for me. And it's so good! I cut the maple syrup down to 2 tbsp and today I made another batch with honey which is tasty too. It's a healthy mix of good protein and carbs and it's way better for you than conventional granola. It's crunchy, too, so great if you are craving something like that.

(I even had some for dessert after dinner it's that good!)

Otherwise my breakfast usually consists of scrambled eggs, often with a bit of cheese and some green onions or cooked chicken. I follow the Primal way of eating so I do eat the whole egg, usually 2 if I am having it with something else (eg. bacon or a homemade gluten-free biscuit) or 3 if not. I swear half the egg gets stuck to the bottom of the pan anyway!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #18  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Oh it's very easy! And I prefer it to frying the egg all the time.

Just crack an egg in a cup and drop it into a pot of water that is just about ready to boil (I put it in a cup first so it's easy to slowly pour into the water). Watch the egg for a few minutes and make sure the water doesn't boil over. When you feel it's ready (it depends on how you like your yolks) scoop it out with a spoon.

It takes a little longer than frying, but with some salt and pepper it's quite yummy
Thanks! Omgosh that sounds so easy and delicious I'm having that tomorrow morning
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I love having a big breakfast! Revs me up for the whole day!

My favorite breakfast is plain steel cut oats with various things mixed in, like fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, peanut butter, coconut, etc.

I also love making poached eggs (slightly runny for me... yum!) over a piece of wheat toast or homemade bread. Scrambled eggs or omelet is good too with cheese, peppers, and onions mixed in.

Plain greek yogurt or cottage cheese with pineapple and sliced strawberries on top is yummy too. I love buying plain yogurt because I can mix whatever flavors I want into it! I'm a big fan of putting a bit of almond extract into plain yogurt. Soooo yummy.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 250/256.3/160

Height: 5'10"

My usual breakfast as of late is a protein berry smoothie: 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup cherry berry blend, 1 cup horizon organic ff milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, and a scoop of vanilla whey protein). High calorie, but very filling and lasts until lunch (5+hours).

My other breakfast is oatmeal with honey, raisins and dates.

A weekend breakfast usually includes eggs and cheese. Sometimes hash browns.
KatTheAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #21  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I had the most amazing breakfast. I tried poaching eggs, and they were incredible! I don't know how long I should cook them though, they burned to the bottom of the pan a little bit but were super runny. Still incredible. I also had 2 pieces of cinnamon toast (no-cal butter spray, Splenda and cinnamon, baked at 350 for five minutes or so) which were soo good.
Overall, 240 calories of awesome
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM   #22  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I have multiple kinds and brands of cereal that I either have with milk or mix with vanilla yogurt. By having the different kinds of cereal, I don't get bored with breakfast!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #23  

Height: 5'2"

i usually mix in some veggies or light cheese with a serving or two of egg beaters. i'll put that in a tortilla. or over a piece of light wheat bread. and coffee, always..
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #24  
Samantha

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm a big oatmeal person for breakfast! I love just having a packet of oatmeal and putting a tablespoon of peanut butter in it. It tastes like you're eating PB right out of the jar! I've also found Quaker true delights blueberry muffin oatmeal to be very yummy too!
sammalamma is offline   Reply With Quote