Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

Unhappy To tankini or bikini?

Hey guys!

I'm an awful person. I have stopped dieting so many times. I was on here a while ago and just gave up because I have no stamina. But I have just found out today that my mates and I are going on holiday after we graduate this summer. I'm really excited, however... I'm also mortified at the idea of being in swimwear! The lads that are going with us aren't the most tactful bunch, and even if they don't say anything to my face I know they'll say it between them. I know it's only lad banter but that isn't going to make me feel any better at the beach! It also doesn't help that they all know I've had a massive crush on one of them for the majority of university ha ha! The last thing you want is your crush seeing you in your bikini. Ha ha. Nightmare.

So anyway, this has really motivated me to lose weight. However due to my annoyingly big boobs I usually have to order swimsuits at the beginning of the season (soon) so I can get something that fits! This is because only one store offers underwear/swimwear in my size and it runs out very quickly. So I've been looking on the website... and have come to a dilemma. Tankini or bikini?!

My mates are lovely looking. They will all be in bikinis. I'm not hugely overweight or anything, but I've definitely got a belly on me. So normally I would go for a tankini. But this was fine the last time I went on holiday, which was years ago when I was much younger. But now I'm 20 I feel that if I come out in a tankini I'll look a bit of a prude! Ha ha. I think that will make me feel equally uncomfortable! Particularly because the only one in my size is a plain, mum-style black one.

Oh and do you think a bikini with massive boobs will be worse than a tankini? I'm very self-conscious about my boobs too and I think I'd die if someone made a comment. But again, there's not much hiding them in swimwear either way is there? :S

So... any advice? I know I'm not going to get enough wait off by July for a flat belly, but how thin do you really need to be to pull off a bikini? Do you think its worse to have my belly out, or have my belly SLIGHTLY hidden in a mum's tankini? Neither is particularly sexy. Neither is gonna have that guy kicking himself for not snapping THIS up. :P

Yes, I'm pathetic. But please help! :P xx

This is the link for the tankini. You'll see what I mean. :/

Last edited by cantgetenoughchoc; 04-04-2012 at 08:00 PM.
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i think at 123 @ 5 feet you should be fit enough for a bikini ... get a fun bright mani/pedi put a little moose in your hair ( to help get nice beachy waves ) a little sparkley lip gloss and gl strut your stuff ...

its all about YOUR confidance ....ive got a friend who wears a size 16 and she wears a bikini .... i think she looks better than some of those size 0 girls she is confidant she chose a very flattering cut and color ( hipster panty with a bandeau top seems to work well for her shes all butt no boobies ) she gets a ton of attention i find myself a little jealous sometimes
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'm not 123 anymore, ha ha, I'm back to 128 but hopefully I'll be able to get to 120 or something by July! (I lose weight very slowly, plus I always pig out in exam periods!)

Oh and I'm going to have to snap up that motivational line in your sig. :P That is what I need to stick on my chocolate cupboard (yes, there's a whole cupboard) door! :P
Old 04-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Nothing is more motivating than having to wear a swimsuit-and soon. I think the tankini looks really cute by the way, if you have to resort to it. I think you have plenty of time to make a big difference in your appearance, even if you are not really at your goal weight. Use some cardio and some weight lifting and get your diet right and you should be rockin' your suit sooner than you know.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #5  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

steal away , in fact i myself saw it as a sig for a poster who used to post here and i LOVED it !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #6  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I will probably always wear a tankini. But if you try on a bikini and you feel good in it, get it girl.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #7  
Erin

S/C/G: 210/172/145

Height: 5'4"

I think you could definitely do a bikini if you don't think you'd worry about it the entire time. There's no reason to be uncomfortable on your holiday though! You could also do one of those one pieces with the cut out sides if your main concern is your belly and on your sides. Those are actually really cute and I see a lot of tiny girls as well as normal size girls wearing them. I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you wear and hope you have a great time!
ErBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #8  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I like Tankini's I always have even when I wasn't overweight. Go with what you think is best! By the bottoms you want, and maybe get the bikini top and the tankini top and that way when it comes to that time if you think you look fabulous in either or you can wear them both!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #9  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I'd think you'd look fine in a bikini at your stats. You could always go monokini too. Please don't feel embarrassed about your body. I can't see anyone making fun of your large boobs unless they are envious. Guys don't tend to mind large breasts so while you might be self-conscious about them, other people aren't feeling anything negative towards you about them....

I say drink your water, work out so you get toned up, and eat cleanly with lots of veggies and lean meat. You should be able to get shaped up pretty well in the 2 months or so you have left.

Now, i know I am not a 20 something but rather a 30 something who saw your post but something really hit a button with me...you are not all of those negative feelings you have about yourself, you are an amazing, beautiful, young woman who happened to have a few more pounds on them than they'd prefer. Any guy would be lucky to get some of your time. Put yourself on a pedestal. You are young and vibrant. Don't let a few insecurities rob you of feeling wonderful at this time in your life!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/135.5/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm pro-bikini. If your boobs are big, celebrate them - guys are going to talk about a nice rack before they gab about a tummy. There are also ways to really flatter your body with a bikini - I like a higher rise banded bottom with ruffles to hide my gut and highlight my curves. Tankinis make me feel like I'm trying to hide my fat - but that's just me. It's all what you like.
maydaymayday911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/160?

Height: 5'8

Bikini's are all about confidence and the right cut! With those you can totally rock it!
lyrical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #12  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I have a lot of blogs for you to look at.

I also have larger breasts (~28J) and I wear bikinis. I find them the best fit for me because I have a long torso and a rounded stomach. One-pieces are always too short in the torso and tankini's roll up over my stomach. Bikinis look awesome.

Alright, now for the blogs. You linked to Bravissimo so I'm assuming you know about proper bra fitting and wearing swimwear that matches your bra size?

In the case a few blogs for you to read:

fullerfigurefullerbust just did a review on Curvy Kate's new swimwear (it was a tankini):http://fullerfigurefullerbust.wordpr...urves-tankini/

Sophia Jenner's blog covers a number of various bikinis: https://sophiajenner.wordpress.com/2...ks-for-summer/

Thin and Curvy reviews the Big Bra Bar bikini:http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2012/04/...ip-bikini.html

Busts 4 Justice: reviewed Figleaves bikini: http://busts4justice.com/2012/03/21/...kini-reviewed/

summer wants from her too: http://busts4justice.com/2012/01/18/...ring-swimwear/

and Freya Active: http://busts4justice.com/2012/01/08/...ext-big-thing/

On my own blog I've review Ewa Michalak's plunge bikini (they still haven't released this summer's suits yet, though): http://braslessinbrasil.blogspot.com...bond-girl.html
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #13  

Thanks for the responses! I think I'm swaying more towards a bikini now. 2 months is loads of time to look and feel better.

4star - that was lovely to hear, thank you. I suppose I'm just a typical 20 year old girl but I know I need to stop feeling insecure and embrace whatever I have. It's something I'm working on and I'm getting much better at it!

runningfromfat - thanks! Those links are all really helpful! I've been trying to look for good blogs for clothing and underwear advice in the UK for larger boobs. I'm a 28JJ so I'll definitely keep an eye on your blog!!

Last edited by cantgetenoughchoc; 04-06-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #14  

I think tankini's are nice but I truthfully don't like the one you posted. It is sooooooo plain and almost depressing looking (I apologize but this is my honest opinion).

Are you sure you can't order off any other websites?

I need to buy a new swimsuit this year too (UGH). I HATE SWIMSUIT SHOPPING SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #15  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

You are young and have the rest of your adult life to wear a tankini. While you can, wear a bikini. Just OWN the bikini - not hiding yourself in it.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote