Old 04-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #16  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemydoggiesx2 View Post
So to make a long story short. I changed. I left my husband, quit my job, thought about what I wanted to do for about a year, and then did it. I decided I needed to be humbled, so I gave EVERY posession I had away to the poor, via Criagslist and left America, with my backpack, 3 changes of clothes, my camara and laptop. I paid of my debts, sold my house and did a voluntary repo on my car. I was literally free of everything that ever held onto me, and it was so liberating. I started in London and hitchhiked and traveled, by train , car boat, bus or whatever I could all around Europe until I got to where I was suppose to go. I really feel like I found myself in doing this and rethought about my priorites in life. I ended up in Spain, then Belgium and then returned to Spain only 2 weeks later to meet the man of my dreams, which I married this last year. He works for NATO, so we will continue to move (next year to Turkey) and that will fill the travel bug in me.

X
That is VERY inspiring for me! It sounds like something I would do if I got my act together! Thank you for sharing!

Kram - I think you're right, I did learn a lot from my experience which helped me grow. I think I sometimes just need to hear it from someone else!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

this is such a coincidence....i've been thinking about my crisis for the past few days and i just sat down to spill my guts about my life on paper and i see your thread...
i've been in this crisis for two years. ever since i failed my first year at college. i've been thinking a lot and finally decided to change my college after 4 years so i'll probably be graduating at 27/28years old. i still haven't told my family because they expect so much from me since i'm the only one who is still in school.
all my sisters and brother have kids and all that but i just don't want that. i travelled a lot and i travel every summer.my best friends are also the big travellers and i have to keep up with the : ) i can't be in one place. that's why it is easier to be single. i'm gonna probably be a 30 year old virgin lol but i don't care anymore. i spent so much time doing wrong things just to please others but now i'm gonna follow my heart and finally fullfill some of my wishes.
even though i'm 22 years old i fell like a 13 year old and i reminessence every day about my childhood days which i miss so much. kids today are so much different than us and i don't want my kids to grow like this. i always say that i would like to adopt a baby someday but everyone around me is shocked when i say something like that. some people are really ignorant. why is it so bad to save some other kids life?
i also want to buy my own appartment but it's gonna take a miracle for me to get a job since the chances are so low. that's why i want to go abroad and find job there far away from people i know because i fee that they suffocate me.
krampus you are very brave for living 3 years on your own and i certainly wish to do that too but for now i need to stay home and help out my family.
if i could go back to past i would deffinitely go to different college, keep off my lost weight and party some more
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 340/220/170

Height: 5'7

Lovemydoggies, you are amazing.
marmar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 131/sig/110

Yea. Definitely going through quarter life crisis.
Don't know what to do with my life, so many dreams that seem unachievable, worrying about wasting my youth...

whatodoo whatodoo
Lemongrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #20  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmar09 View Post
Lovemydoggies, you are amazing.
Thanks! And to the others that commented on my story. Life´s short, there are is no time for regrets!! Change is always hard, because we fear the unknown, but you never know what type of greatness is in store for you around the corner unless you actually look!! Good luck to all you ladies, I hope you find the right path for yourselves!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #21  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

oddly enough, the pressure comes mostly from people who are not really important to me. with the housing market the way it is, certain people are feeling the need to pressure us to buy a property, even though it would wipe out our savings and i'm not ready. even though i'm married, it doesnt mean that i'm ready to commit to a mortgage and being stuck in one place yet...

i wasn't the kind of girl that made it her goal to get married. i just met someone and we got to that stage and it felt right, so we did.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #22  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I'm past the quarter life crisis (I'll be 30 this summer) but I've always felt..not content. I did finish college and then got married a month later. I don't have a career but instead I've had 12 years of health problems.

I never really wanted to stay here. I always wanted to move to another state. Even if it's just for a year or two, that's fine with me. I just never really liked in here. My husband however loves it, doesn't want to move, doesn't even want to move from our house in a neighborhood we don't like and is never bored with life. The man didn't even travel until we got married. He just never cared to go anywhere. He's perfectly happy going to work everyday, coming home to dinner and being outdoors on the weekends. Oh..but he has wanted a baby for years.

I think I am just bored and frustrated with my crappy health. He figures in a few years I'll have a midlife crisis and go insane. I feel like I'm perpetually wasting time.

Last edited by LandonsBaby; 04-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote