Old 11-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Default Pics on FB!

AHH. I am mortified. A family member took some pictures on halloween and put them on facebook. I am in two of them and I look fatter than ever. I seriously don't look any different than I did 27lbs bigger
No wonder when I tell people I've lost almost 30 pounds they get real quiet and don't say anything! I was super excited a few days ago because I am officially a size 10 petite now in my favorite brand of jeans. When I started I was a 16 or 18 depending on the brand.
I think the problem is I've lost it ALL in my tummy but my face/upper body is still really heavy looking. In one picture I have a huge double chin

Any words of wisdom? All I can think of is to just keep working harder so next halloween I don't have to go through this. It just sucks to look no different when I've been working my butt off.. I know I still have a long way to go, but still. Horrible way to start my day. Wish I could get those pics deleted!!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #2  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Some people lose weight in different places. I lose weight in my face, hands and wrists first... while my stomach and hips have only gone down like... 5 inches (I'm guessing here). I have lost almost 25 lbs (I saw the elusive 25 lb mark for one day... then I was back up two lbs... urgh), and I've gone from a size 16 to a 12... and while I see a little change in my face and hands.. I truly don't see like... any difference in the rest of me.

You're down 30 lbs though!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think we need to hear that more often... because it's not easy to lose weight. It's easy (for us at least) to put it on... but getting it off... not so much. So CONGRATS!!!

Just keep at it, and maybe those pictures aren't as bad as they seem... but if they are... maybe use them as motivation? Just a thought.

No real words of wisdom... just little bits of my own thought process... as scattered as it may seem.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

First off, CONGRATS ON 30 LBS!!

Compare those pictures to older pictures first You should see a difference.

Also don't sweat it. One day you will wake up and people will suddenly see the difference and then they will not leave you alone. You will pine for the days when people barely noticed your losses!

This happened to me quite a bit. I lost 40lbs and I remember people would ask "Oh hey, you've lost weight, right?" and when I mentioned it was 40lbs they would act surprised. The day I hit 50lbs lost, it was like suddenly I lost it in the right places and PEOPLE WOULD NOT STOP. Even my friends who had been pretty silent about it didn't stop talking about me losing weight. I've lost quite a fair amount of inches since then (even though it was only seven pounds ago) and every day people notice the changes! It's amazing how much of a difference just 10 pounds makes.

Trust me, people will notice soon and before you know it, you'll be fielding questions left and right from people who want to know your secret

Last edited by sontaikle; 11-07-2011 at 11:44 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm actually jealous that all your weight has come off of your stomach, I wish I could say the same (i've had the complete opposite!).

When you take pics, focus on that then. Make sure to get full body pictures and wear clothes that are fitted to your stomach. If you've gone from a size 16/18 to 10's, I'm sure there is a noticeable difference!!!!

Why not also take pictures that you can direct vs. candid shots? Candid shots almost always look horrible!!!!!! Also some of us (coughMEcough) are just not naturally photogenic. I normally need to take a lot of pictures to find just one that's flattering.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on 30lbs! My situation is the opposite...my face, arms, and legs are much thinner but I still have a big belly. I wish it would go away! When I see my stomach I don't feel like I've lost weight at all.
MusicalAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

Congrats on the 30lbs lost!

I know this is off topic but this is why I hate that people can post pictures of you without your permission lol, I've got some awful pictures floating around Facebook that I wish I could convince people to take down.

You've gone from a 16, 18 to a size 10, you're definitely smaller! There's no doubt about that, don't let naysayers and what you feel are unflattering photographs take away from your amazing success!
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:14 PM   #7  
member member

S/C/G: 207/199/150

Height: 5'7''

seriously, i'm with everyone else -- congrats on the 30lbs down

i also seriously wish i was in 10s. and hey, that untag feature can be used gracefully
alabama is offline   Reply With Quote