Old 06-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/237/140

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
I bet they were ugly and clearly uneducated if they are basing american woman off of tv shows. NO ONE looks like the girls off of TV and they clearly haven't scene Jersey Shore by the sounds of that comment because Snooki looks nothing like the typical american "looking" girls either even though I think she's...I have no clue I don't watch that stupid show. But point is no one looks like TV american girls, well some do but majority of real people and not fake wannabe plastic barbie looking chicks, looks like TV show girls. So screw them, but I bet you felt good after a good cry! I know I would have.

Don't forget what you've accomplished! a 30 pound weight loss! Like come on you have that to be excited about not what some ugly, uneducated douchebag has to say!
I agree 100%...I wouldn't have stood here and took it though, I would have said something back, even if they didn't understand english... but thats just me, I have been told I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut... I just am very opinionated.

But keep up the good work you are doing!!!
smccaleb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285/169/Ticker

Height: 5'6"

Keep your chin up and move onward. People (regardless what nationality) will be crude jerkoffs from time to time; heck, some will be asses 24/7.

As said before me, you're doing something about your weight. The end. You owe rude, assuming strangers nothing!

Eleanor Roosevelt said it best: "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." <3
shellofself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Sorry that hurt you OP...
I always thought the foreign "perception" of Americans (guys and gals) is that we are overweight fatties. Maybe only the Western European countries? I have a friend who lives in France and she talks about this quite a bit. Hmmm....
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

Last week when my boyfriend and I went out for sushi we had a rude a waitor. I ordered three spicy tuna rolls and a bowl of edamame to share between myself and my bf. When I told him three sushi rolls, he checked twice, "Three?!" (yes, three) and then "Three?!!!?" holding up his fingers so I could see how many three is I guess, I said YES! THREE. He smiled and shook his head and walked off. I was pretty darn impressed with his rudeness. Three spicy tuna rolls and some edamame split between two people isnt alot of food! When he brought out the plate of sushi he said "You're going to eat all of that?", I said YES!!!! LOL he really had no clue that he was being rude and I was smiling while all of this was going on but it really pissed me off. Obviously I'm heavier so I guess I'm sensitive to the fact that he thinks I'm having a pig out session on SUSHI, but in reality, he's from a different country and also weighs about 80lbs, to him I probably look like a sumo wrestler. I'm pretty sure one piece of sushi would make him full let alone three rolls! Different cultures, different weights, heights, etc, etc..
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

vixxi, Chinese and Korean people just tell it like it is (Japanese people would NEVER say anything like that, and most sushi places these days are owned by non-Japanese) with little regard to feelings. Three rolls totally isn't that much for 2 people though, what a weird dude.

I struggle with this a lot. Culturally I am 100% American, I grew up with white parents drinking milk and soda and eating lots of dairy and whatnot. I like my country and I'm glad I wound up where I did, but I'm much bigger than most Asian-Americans and Asian Asians and have an eternal inferiority complex about that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote