Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230/130

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up Okay, here we go...

So I'm new here. I'm doing this in a moment of motivation. The fact of the matter is that I really do need to lose weight. I'm the type of person who has a ton of confidence in my personality but it's unfortunate I can't say the same about my body. I'm not saying I'm a mess...I think I just need some work.
Since I don't have a clear detailed plan, I atleast want to make a few rules for the next 2 weeks.

Rule no. 1...only whole wheat bread instead of white
Rule no. 2...NOTHING BUT WATER!!!...to drink

I think these are 2 simple things that will help me get started. Now lets cross our fingers and hope I am capable.
Michellie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I am new here as well, but this forum is definitely very motivational.

As for the water thing, I just recently started doing that (within the last week) and I have already seen a drop in my weight! So definitely try and do that. The whole wheat thing is next on my list of things to do, so I can't speak from experience about that lol

Good luck!
xLindsay46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/230/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks Lindsay...I wish you luck as well. I see you have lost quite a bit of weight already. Do you have any suggestions for how often I should weigh myself, without getting obsessed, or discouraged? I am deathly afraid of the scale. It took every ounce of courage to be able to get on the scale and weigh myself today.
Michellie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:02 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I wouldn't worry too much about the scale. Just go a week or two with your new habits and gradually add in more "tweaks" here and there - add in vegetables, reduce the frequency of eating desserts, etc. Nothing feels better than those wonderful first few weeks/months where you are losing weight without crunching numbers!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #5  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

welcome michellie!

i'm with krampus- just go with the flow for the first couple of weeks, and add something new in next week, like adding in more veggies. then maybe work on some portion control, etc.

personally, i weigh in once a week (officially-i do weight watchers online) and then i check in mid-week just to check myself. weight fluctuates throughout the day and everyday, and i feel like i can't handle seeing the constant inconsistency. there are others who like to weigh in daily to take note of patterns and trends. i can't. i obsess too much.

good luck on your journey- we all learn as we go
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #6  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Just to give you some wiggle room...100% whole grain breads are great too. In case wheat bread alone drives you nutty

Good luck!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #7  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Michellie-Something else to consider that will really help you on a great start is cutting out breads and sugars as a whole. Adding tons of veggies and lean meats will really help. I'm also a bit of a protein junkie so I don't have much use for fruits or grains. You will see a dramatic difference once you cut out anything that deals with sugar or flour (ie South Beach Diet, Four Hour Body).

Not that I'm saying thats what you should do but it's a definite mood booster when you start.

Good luck!
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote