Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Lightbulb "funday monday" motivation: what are you looking forward to?

Hi Everyone!

Here is a "funday monday" motivation question for you all-

What are you looking forward to doing when you get to goal?

i'm looking forward to going into any store and find something that fits me. i'm also looking forward to having my husband pick me up with ease and wearing a bikini without shame. something that i worry about though is whether i will still see myself as larger than everyone else even after i get to goal-- many times, i still see myself as big as i was at the start of my weight loss journey.

Okay, your turn!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #2  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I don't really have anything planned when I hit my goal to be honest. The one thing I am looking forward to is when I go back and visit home in July all the heads that will turn and all the people that will be happy to see the new thin happy me. Thats the one thing I'm looking forward for.

As for buying stuff for me...I'm an impulsive shopping I buy for me anyways lol. I was suppose to wait for my hair cut at the end of Jan for my reward and did it in the middle of the month. lol
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Fun. When I get to goal I look forward to going on hikes and not holding people up or having to stop every 100 ft on the inclines. I look forward to not worrying if my clothes are too clingy in the midsection. I look forward to feeling good on the inside and bounding up steps 2 at a time like I have no extra weight holding me down! lol I look forward to confidence.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

I just look forward to feeling good about myself. To feeling comfortable when I go out, to having more confidence in myself. I also am looking forward to being able to walk into nice stores and fit into their clothes! I look forward to not having to wear a t-shirt over my swimsuit when I go to the pool or the beach. That'll be really nice!
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #5  
Tori

S/C/G: 172/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm going to hawaii with my sister and I'm extremely looking forward to that! And being able to sip drinks on the beach in a bikini and feel good.

At the moment, non-weight loss related:
I'm looking forward to getting these exams (today and Weds) over with so I can stop stressing out like a maniac... though that probably wont stop me cuz I'm starting my practicum next week.. eeek haha

Last edited by torito; 02-07-2011 at 12:05 PM.
torito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

I look forward to not having woes about my pants size and knowing which size I fit into and not having to pull my pants up past my ears to avoid the muffin top.

I look forward to not huffing and puffing when I go on hikes or doing something that involves mild exercise without having to worry about the fact that I'm the only person breathing like I was just punched in the gut.

I REALLY look forward to a smaller chest size so that I can fit into some pretty dresses and more normal sized tops without not being able to breath or spilling out the top, but having it fit elsewhere. Of course I realize that bust shrinkage may or may not happen, but I'll be able to reevaluate when I reach goal.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:18 PM   #7  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

I'm looking forward to completely blending in when I bike around Portland The only thing I want people to notice is my gorgeous bike, which I'm getting as my Onderland reward!
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Single digit jeans. Gosh I can hardly wait for those size 9s to slide right on . . . .
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 277/248.8/145

Height: 5"1"

I look foward to doing leaps for real! Ive always liked dancing, but have never been able to get very far off the ground. I also cant wait to shop ANYWHERE i want to!
musicalme223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

I look forward to being able to wear anything in my closet without thinking, 'ugh, is my gut going to show in that shirt/pants?' I also look forward to a 'normal' BMI. I've been a fat kid my whole life. I'm done.
beerdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding this July, and I look forward to feeling fabulous in my dress

Instead of shying away from the camera, I want to feel confident, present, and supportive of my friend!

It wouldn't hurt to mix & mingle with the single groomsmen, either...
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm so looking forward to being able to borrow my sister's clothes. They are both so thin and I get so jealous when they just try eachothers clothes on and they fit like it's their own pair of jeans.

Oh and the return trip to Mexico I promised myself I'd take once I hit goal!!!
luckymeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Like jayohwhy, I really look forward to expanded shopping opportunities for clothing. The mall around here SUCKS and has no fashionable options for younger plus size clothing. I'm also really looking forward to shopping at Victoria's Secret and getting sexy bras and panties instead of the grandma stuff I have to wear from other stores.

When I tell people who can fit into these sorts of clothing already, they chuckle a little and are surprised to hear it. I guess it's natural to take for granted something like that when you've never NOT fit into smaller sizes!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #14  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm looking forward to rocking a bikini. I'm looking forward to having a toned butt on which my panties will no longer cinch fat. I'm looking forward into fitting into some of my nicer clothes from a few years ago -- a really beautiful Theory skirt I bought on sale, a floaty little BCBG dress, a pair of designer jeans -- that I've saved, waiting to be thin enough again. Heck, I'm looking forward to never owning "motivational" clothes again.

But most of all: I'm looking forward to rocking biking shorts and a sports bra in the gym, looking like a million bucks and performing to match it.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 02-07-2011 at 10:17 PM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #15  
on a mission

S/C/G: 83kg/68kg/65kg

When I reach goal, I look forward to feeling 'normal sized' again. Be able to wear things that I like. Be fashionable for once! It's a little difficult to be large and fashionable, there just isn't much fashion choices. I also look forward to having more confidence and having that 'oommph' when I walk. Would be nice to have a smaller chest size as well (like what birdtostone said earlier), that way I can fit clothes better and not worry or feel self conscious.
Esha is offline   Reply With Quote