Old 12-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #106  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

mybigwish - ExerciseTV is a lifesaver, its what I do when I'm at home. I've done that Dallas Cowboy workout you're talking about! I loooved the piloxing, you'd definitely like it

Peachy - Welcome back! It sounds like we all had a rough end of the year.

Feral - Good luck at the gym! I usually wear pants and capri pants in the winter.

Rainbow - I have no clue. It was really weird. And yay for puppies Glad to have peppered your day with a pup lol!

Jenn - What do you do? I would love to be paid to go shopping lol!

Kawaii - I love Glee. Reminds me of my days in Girl's Ensemble choir <3 Congrats on the loss!!!

------

UGH. My boyfriend's dad brought pizza home. I want some :C But it's a low-cal day and I only have about 500 cals left for dinner so I am going to wait until I go home and make something for myself like a good girl. But oh god does it smell good.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #107  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Jenn That's so awesome you get paid to go Christmas shopping, maybe when I have my own law firm I'll pay myself to shop :P

Kawaii How is it possible you have zero classes but you still have to be there? You're an English teacher right? Do the kids not have the same schedule daily? I'm so confused!!!

Plat Try and find a receipe for a low cal healthy pizza you can make yourself!! That way you won't feel like you're restricting yourself from the food but you won't go over your calories. I know Hungry Girl has one for English Muffin Pizzas I used to make when I lived alone and they were yum yum!

Alright so I've probably already complained about being sick like 6 times since I've been a member of this site, but guess who is all stuffed up and has a little cough AGAIN! Ugh, I love my job but working with kids will give you every germ there is, hopefully I'll be pretty healthy for my test.

No exercise today since I kinda feel blah, but still on track for my points :P
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii Yay for the loss! Go you! What brand are the headphones? I need new earphones that I don't have to constantly adjust/shove into my ears while I'm out jogging, but I have no idea what to buy. Urgh.

platformnine Oh man, pizza. I was talking about pizza a few days ago and how I was craving it and meant to make my own. Still haven't done that yet. Good on you with the willpower to resist the pizza!

Alright..finally dressed and ready...but all I feel like doing is going out shopping or to get a massage or just to do something in the sun! The weather is so nice today, I have on a new black sundress and my fun new sunglasses and urghhhh my studio is not tempting. But I said I would go today, so I'll go, even if it's only for half an hour or so... bleurgh.

Here is me today. Yeah, it's hard to take photos with the webcam hah! I think this is a weirdly flattering angle...so it's not an entirely "truthful" photo.

Snapshot_20101209 by rainbowstripe, on Flickr

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 12-08-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added a photo :P
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #109  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Lianna - you can always use cans of soup/beans/whatever you have in the pantry. They aren't super heavy but it's cheap and its a way to start adding some weights into your workouts.

Rainbow - I'm jealous you have summer time right now. It's so cold. HURRY UP SPRING/SUMMER! Super cute pic, love your hair color. Don't feel bad, I am the MASTER of good photo angles when taking self pics.

Jenn - Anything is better than where I'm working now. I have a little under 3 years of administrative experience. I could always email you my resume and you could tell me if it would fit with your company or not. Would you mind shooting me a PM with some more info?! Wait, YOU GET PAID TO CHRISTMAS SHOP?! Sign me up, please!

Kawaii - ha! I may go by Target and try on a pair of the workout "tights." The pants rolling down is the most annoying thing ever. I think that's why i gave up working out in pants, but that could be because the workout pants I have are GINORMOUS on me now.

Mary - HANG IN THERE GIRL!!! I know how tough that is!

---------------------------
I just got home from the gym. I feel like an effing champ today!!! I think my spirit has been renewed when it comes to working out/eating well. Let's hope I can stay in Motivation Station.

ANDDDD -- my mom made my fav soup (lentils & sausage). SCORE!

Last edited by Feral; 12-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Feral Thanks! I love my haircolour too but it fades SO quickly. I only got it done last week so it's reasonably fresh, but give it a few weeks and it will be super faded. Omg, lentil and sausage soup sounds delicious!! Go you on the gym and motivation! It's such a great feeling when you're feeling good about what you're doing!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

plat, good job on resisting the pizza! yeah, Glee is awesome. it's such a feel-good show, haha.

mybigwish, aah, i don't wanna launch into a long discussion of "the japanese system" but basically, it's much more important to be "seen" working, than doing actual work. i had one class today but the teacher i teach it with asked me to "please not come" because he was running behind schedule and needed the whole time. it's a bit ridiculous, but i'm only one person and it's not like my *****ing about it will change the system that a whole country is based on. this is also the reason that my ex bf used to stay at work until 11pm everyday. he didn't have work til 11, but has a 1st year employee, he needed to be seen as working harder than everybody else. RE-TAR-DED. yeah.
aaawwwww, sorry to hear you're feeling sick again. it's probably just stress-related due to your exam though. hope you feel better soon!

rainbow, ah! i forget! it's not a brand that i know... i bought them at kiddyland!! (a "character" store.... basically hello kitty, rilakkuma, disney, snoopy... whatever other character is popular in japan at the moment... that i have to stay away from that place!! haha) they had some hellokitty ones but they were a weird size so i didn't get them... but hey! looking good girl! you should probably change your profile picture because it's not accurate anymore! your face looks much slimmer now and cute outfit!

feral, good job on going to the gym! and i hope you find yourself some nice workout clothes soon. i sure as heck can't wait til i go home so i can buy some that actually fit! ha!

speaking of which, the pants i'm wearing today are SO big, i think they are in danger of falling off my as$ that would be bad... haha. but they are so floopy i feel like i'm wearing pajamas, which i guess is a good thing considering i'm just gonna be sitting on my *** all day doing nothing
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #112  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

KatVee, I do what I can to help

Rainbowstripe, you look so cute! BTW, I'm studying abroad next semester in Sydney. I might plan a side trip to NZ...I may be asking you for suggestions in the near future!

Kawaii, how I WISH I could be in your situation right now, doing nothing!

This thread moves SO fast!! I can barely keep up, especially since I should be studying right now. I feel bad that I can't catch up on all the personals!

I am soooo tempted to grab something crunchy and yummy and fatty right now while I'm studying...it's getting harder to resist as the night goes on and it's not even 7 pm yet
LillyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

lilly, well sometimes it's nice, when it's one day every once in a while... but when it's like summer vacation and you gotta find a way to keep yourself entertained at your desk for 8-hours a day for a month!! well then, you kinda start to want to shoot yourself in the head... lol.

yeah, this thread is moving really fast recently! lol. but dont do it girl! you can resist! go grab yourself an apple, if you must... it's crunchy, somewhat sweet, and will fill you up hang in there!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #114  
Mary

mybigwish - DOH! I wish I'd made that instead! I had a little english muffin (light multi grain) sandwich instead. Rest up!

Rainbow - Really cute dress!

Feral - DAMN YOU! I want soup so badly :C The home-made-by-mommom-kind not the canned kind. I'm resolving to make soup tomorrow for the rest of the week because it's been in the low 30s and freezing since Sunday. Need. Soup. Now.

-----

Yay I'm home BUT I looked at my sodium and wowza it's over my limit for today. I think I'll go bundle up and take my dog for a brisk walk. Then I'll come home and warm up with some yummy green tea :3

Last edited by platformnine; 12-08-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #115  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

So I finally got my day shift starting monday! I'm soo stoked but not allowed to tell anyone, so I decided to come on here and do it haha. Which is even better because now it will be so much easier for me to get a second part time job for the afternoon so I can make some extra cash and get my life rolling! This is awsome! Good things are totally coming my way I can feel it and tonight is scale and weight shopping. Tomorrow I'm going to kick up and begin my journey once again Be positive, think positive and good things happen. Funny I never used to think that way and I felt whenever anything positive I thought negative always came from it and when I thought negative good things would happen.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Platform: Oh I hate that! Now I'm craving pizza! lol Great job doing the right thing though! Hope you enjoyed your walk.
MyBigWish: Sucks that your sick. I hope you getting feeling better! I'm sure you will be feeling better by your test!
Rainbow: Your are so luck to nice weather..It's still in the teens here and probably will be the rest of the winter--also we have a chance of snow sunday! And your hair is sooo pretty, I love the color!
Feral: Yey for feeling awesome! Sounds like you had a pretty good day!
Lilly: Fingers crossed you can steer clear of the yummy and crunchy food!
Kawaii: Lucky for you and your pants being lose!! I just moved down a pants size and they are still kinda snug
MiZ: Congrats on getting your dayshift!!

WOW. I think the reason the thread is moving so fast is because all the people rejoining, it's great to have such awesome support! Had my appointment with the nutritionist...It went okay. I COMPLETELY forgot to ask about the pee problem which I shouldve wrote it down or something. But she told me that I was on the right track and that it seemed like I was doing everything right! So yay. She was very impressed with all the weight I've lost since September...so that was good. & since my MD wanted me to lose 20 lbs before February she said I was on the right track because I've done lost 10 of the 20 lbs! So I truley think I'll be able to do it now! Today has been a good day--got some grocerys in the house, worked out (wasn't long but did work out!), and me and my 2 y/o made sugar cookies and choc. chip for the neighbors -- they looked so yummy but i let my hubby try them to make sure they were good and I didn't touch none (very proud!)--Hopefully I will see 166 tomorrow on the scale! Hope all yall are having a great day/night!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #117  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Weight is up .5 kg despite eating well yesterday, stood up for the same Skype date with the same person again this morning, now on day 4 of no sh!tting, all sorts of good things to report today.

I do feel strangely zen about the weight thing. I know it fluctuates and I can almost pin down this morning's small gain to the fact that I had a salty bowl of soup and some rice yesterday, as well as doing strength training less than 2 hours before bed. In fact I just posted an entry on my personal blog with my thoughts on the matter. I've got a potty mouth, sorry. http://krampusattack.blogspot.com/20...hink-eggs.html

Today's lunch is worth getting excited about! I stir fried carrots, onion, eggplant and spinach and topped it with homemade peanut sauce.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #118  
Mary

JLNichols - Well its good to hear that the nutritionalist thinks you're doing great! Good job on resisting the cookies! Sugar cookies are the beeeessst, I so would have caved and eaten one lol.

Krampus - I'm like that too, I'll have one good day of normal bathroom time and then 4 days of nothing. I eat between 25-25g of fiber a day. I don't get it. You're making me hungry with your delicious sounding lunch though!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #119  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I bought a bag of chocolate covered nuts for the English club Xmas party later. My lunch was good, but I snapped and ate a couple. I could easily eat the whole bag. Also, someone brought a crate of "take as many as you want for free!" mandarin oranges. SUGAR OVERLOAD

platformnine Seems like an awful lot of posters here have constipation problems. I never *FEEL* constipated though. I just go like, three times a week.

JLNichols Cookie resistance, there's some godly willpower right there. Baking cookies w/your little dude sounds really sweet, aww <3

MiZTaCCeN Happy to hear you got the shift you'd been wanting! Everything is falling into place isn't it...

LillyLover Hang in there. Don't succumb to mindless face-stuffing!

Kawaii I just had one class today too. I'm seriously over at the computer simply so I won't go eat more chocolate out of my desk. Good work on the loose pants

Feral Glad to hear you feel like a zillion bucks. Lentil and sausage soup sounds tasty.

rainbowstripe LOVE that color but like you said the fading must be something else entirely...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #120  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I started a thread on this earlier, but I was thinking about it again today. People who have always been skinny/normal don't always understand what it's like when an obese person loses weight. There was this show (not a weight loss show) where this girl recently lost 100+ lbs & was now a lower-normal weight, and felt uncomfortable trying on dresses.

My friends thought that was strange and stupid (their words). One (who has ALWAYS been tiiiiiny) said that when she had lost a little weight, she'd felt great, so obviously someone who lost 100+ should feel AMAZING. They didn't understand the mental aspect at all. Like, AT ALL. I tried to explain and got those deer-in-headlights looks. Like, "What??? Why would there be emotional or mental issues after losing weight?? It's on the body, not the mind." Haha, yeah, but no.

I was stunned at first, and I almost got teary - they don't understand. Even though they see me going through all this, they really and truly don't get it; the tremendous physical and especially mental work that goes into escaping obesity/overweight. And that's why I come here! Although sometimes it'd be nice if someone in "real life" understood... Oh well.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-08-2010 at 11:42 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote