Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #16  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

KatVee - I do that too, but that's why I try to keep my counted calories at 1200 - I figure with my little bites I don't go over 1400, so its okay. I'm totally not doing that this week though.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

so... just wanted to vent i feel like i need to get all these bad food choices off my chest. I usually keep a daily food log but this weekend i just feel so bad about it i didn't even write it down.

I do my weigh ins on thursdays and last thursday i found i had lost almost 3lbs in two weeks. Which i was soo happy for because I hadn't worked out in those two weeks and I thought I wasn't eating that great either. But i was happy.

First, on friday, my job had a luncheon with delicious spanish food. I didn't do too horribly except that i ate about 3/4ths a cup of white rice and two slices of bread and turkey. Then friday night I was exhausted so I ordered chinese food..and not the semi healthy stuff with veggies. I had boneless spare ribs, fried chicken wngs, and chicken fried rice...I didn't eat all of it but on Saturday for lunch I had the leftovers. Then saturday night I went to bday party and had more white rice but only about 1/3 of a cup..and fried pork rinds :-( and then proceeded to drink a ludicrous amount of empty calories in alcohol and soda.
On Sunday, went to baby shower at an italian restaraunt where we had pizza, fried calamari, garlic knots, pasta, chicken parm. ..so yeah..not so great. and I started off this morning by eating eggs and about 30 animal crackers lol. so...i'm not even going to try to weigh myself to see the damage. I'll weigh myself on thursday and just HOPE i at least stayed at my weight. I plan on eating good for the rest of the week and *TRY* to work out to at least maintain.

So my goal for this week is to keep to my plan..starting NOW! lol and to work out at least 4 days this week. I usually go to they gym and just do the cardio because the weight machines are usually occupied by the typical muscle men at the gym so it makes me feel awkward. I want to start using my wii fit more. Even though i know its not that great and a little bit of a cop out on regular exercise, I think it will help me get back into the habit of doing other exercises again and something is better than nothing. I also want to get that EA sports active 2. Anyone here use any video games for exercise?

Last edited by angeluv; 12-06-2010 at 11:58 AM.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #18  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
Oh My thread got deleted I guess as it was a duplicate..though only 4 minutes later! So I'm sorry ladies, I had done a whole bunch of kind of detailed personals in there but I can't replicate them now
My fault! My fault! DOH moment! In the future if there are two chat threads started I will merge them so no personals are lost to the interwebz
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #19  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Yay! My normal weight held! I feel a little weird though because I'll never cross another weight category line (so not going to underweight). Ah well, my next goal is 132 anyway. Although I'd LOVE to break into the 130s by mid January.

angeluv: Good for you for getting back on plan! You can so do this!

JLNichols07: Nutella is AMAZING. It's chocolate and hazelnut and spreads kinda like peanut butter. I have to stay away from it most times, because it's seriously like crack to me. So far as I know they sell it at Walmart, so I'd try it if you want. If you don't like it, send it my way!
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #20  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Lianna That's so exciting to get back into the normal category!! Good luck getting to your 132. My license says 135.

Angel We all have terrible weeks/weekends its part of learning the balances of eating healthy. Your mind set is exactly right, just work extra hard the rest of the week and hopefully the couple bad days won't even represent themselves on the scale. Also maybe drink a lot of water so the salty foods don't make you retain water!

Stella & Kat I'm totally the same way, I try not to take little bites or record them if I do, but for the most part they totally still happen! I also stick to a lower calorie goal to make up for it.

Alright, so I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I'm on my off year between undergraduate and law school. I could have gone straight into school but decided to take a year off. Anyway, this Saturday is my LSAT, which is really really important to decide what law school I get into. I've taken a course and feel prepared but still I'm kinda just wanting it to be over with! So tired of making myself study, especially since I didn't feel ready at first and postponed it even longer to give myself more studying time!!

The whole school thing makes eating healthy hard because I just want to pig out to avoid the stress but I try to use the exercise to call me down and remember that the test will pass but the weight from over eating to get through it will still be there to deal with!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

stella Nutella and peanut butter together??

krampus Haha so it would be a bad idea for me to include Nutella in your package? Your lunch sounds good...I want good lunch!

KatVee Eep, that's a lot of tuition money! I'm just glad I didn't actually get hit. Probably would have put me off running for good haha. The detox sounds good, as does counting everything, even if you only do it for a week or so to see how the little extra snacks add up.

angeluv Sticking to plan for a week sounds good - go from there! I used Wii Fit when I was first starting out because I hated and dreaded exercise and it was a way for me to get something in, even if it's not necessarily the best or most calorie burning way to exercise - though I've heard that other games on the Wii are a lot better - I can't remember names, sorry, but I think there should be a thread somewhere in the exercise area?

Lianna SO happy for you that your "normal" weight is for real!

mybigwish Oh man, yeah, I know what you mean about stress eating. I used to think "it's ok to eat this chocolate, because I'm stressed" - but now if I'm eating chocolate, I'd rather enjoy it fully instead of calling it some kind of stress relief. I hope the stress of your upcoming LSAT isn't too much!

~Scale finally moving a little bit again, 153.8 pounds (69.8 kg) this morning. Hopefully more this week. I'd like that! I feel like I have had no sleep, which isn't the case, but I think I definitely need to be getting ready to sleep before 10.30 pm..last night was 11pm and I feel it this morning. Boyfriend and I watched The Corpse Bride because we wanted to watch a movie but I wanted it to be short, and that one is only 75 minutes or something.
Work today, ho hum..I think it could be busy again, but who knows. My boss said she'd be in later - not sure what for so I'm a little worried I've done something wrong or something - here's hoping not. I've had really good sales recently and I do like interacting with customers...when I'm not so sleepy!
I have the next 4 days off (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat) and I'm getting a brazilian tomorrow :S - the funny thing is that the place I go is offering a free "vajazzle" with every brazilian in December. HAH. I doubt I'll be taking them up on that offer...
Also going to try to get into my studio and at least tidy it up, if not get some painting done!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #22  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Oy. So, generally I try to eat about 1200 calories on weekdays and then higher on the weekends. It's been working so far. But I recently started eating more protein than before (I felt I wasn't getting enough), and it's been much harder to eat all my calories. I know, it's only 1200, right? That's what I thought. But I've added in a bit more meat and some dairy and it's made a big difference.

OH! And over the weekend I found bread that is 35 calories PER SLICE. And they're regular sized slices. I made a sandwich with it today, and it was good! I can finally eat bread again!

mybigwish: Good luck with your test! And I hear you about it being harder to eat healthy with school and everything. But we persist, right?

rainbowstripe: Congrats on your loss! And the Corpse Bride is such a fun movie! Who doesn't like dancing skeletons?

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-06-2010 at 04:59 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

..... Hey everyone, I'm back!

Oh man, that weekend with friends was a lot of BAD eating.
Real bad.
Huge portions.
Lotta fat.
Tons of sugar.

But, the friends and I walked a lot (in the snow), didn't drink heavily, and got lots of rest... so, whatever.
We had a blast, and it was snowy and Christmasy and wonderful-- totally worth it.

Anywho, time to get back on plan!

I'll be weighing in Wednesday morning (even though I have a dinner date with some fella on Tuesday evening.... chose a sushi restaurant, plan on getting all veggie rolls).

Sorry for the late reply, internet was down ALL morning.... some quick personals:

mybigwish-- Plan sounds solid! Keep us posted. Also, good luck on the test!!

rainbowstripe-- So sorry you lost your post! That's uber annoying. I always copy my entire post if I'm walking away from the computer so I can at least re-paste a portion of it. Glad the eye is better! What did you settle on for a gift for the boy?

elleohelle
- Sounds like so far so good! Fingers crossed that you reach your goal.

kawaiicandie- I saw the stuff about the terribly rude boy on last month's thread.... He'll get what's comin' to him. In the meantime, hugs to you. Also, I would have stayed late too to avoid that person. I absolutely hate knowing I am in for a prolonged period of forced conversation, when all I want to do is decompress. Don't feel bad!

krampus-- Dress sounds lovely! Post pics for sure. I am totally inspired by your willpower/calorie plan! Now you've got me thinking about sparkly-dress shopping.....

stellarosa27-- Hello! congrats on getting close to goal. Let us know how your WW meeting goes.

katvee-- I'm so bad with little sneaks/bites too... right there with ya! Let me know if you devise a solution...

angeluv--That's it, get right back on the horse. I had two "OhmygodIcannotcountthis" days over the weekend. Today is a new day. Persistence is the name of the game!

Liannakole-- Congrats on maintaining!

Time to get ready for work, even though the darkness at 4pm + 19 degree weather = want to curl up in a ball and never wake up or go outside. Ugh!

Hope you're all having a great Monday,
FPSJ

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 12-06-2010 at 05:02 PM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 140/122/105

Height: 5'1''

stella: I found out that if I don't write it down, my little bites turn into bowls. Update us if you decide to go to WW on Thursday! I've always admired those who do it.

angel: I've had those weeks. What are garlic knots? Good job on getting back on plan!

mybigwish: Studying blows. End of story. Good luck on Saturday! On Sunday, you can relax and celebrate...or Saturday night. Have you thought of making healthy munchies? I have a problem with eating too much when I study..not any meals but A LOT of snacks. Grapes, popcorn, string cheese, and baby carrots became my best friend.

rainbow: vajazzle!! hahahaha. Who makes this stuff up? Love Corpse Bride. Super cute.

Lianna: What protein are you adding in? I need to start doing that.

Soooo...has anyone tried Nutella with animal crackers? My sorority sister introduced me. Yummy! A couple of the posts just reminded me of that. Time to get ready for weights and spinning. It's cold out and all I want to do is sleeeeeep even though it's only 4 in the afternoon.
KatVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #25  

FPSJ: I think we had the same idea with the whole going to sleep way too early thing because of the cold. I LOOOVE sushi.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Rainbow- 153? Woot! That's awesome!

I had a semi crappy eating weekend and only made it to the gym 3x's last week. I atleast hope to make it to the gym 5x's this week! 2lbs to lose...can I do it? I have slowed back down considerably and am trying to do it without writing everything. Today was so-so.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! I had to join in once I saw the Nutella talk. Did y'all know that the spread is actually the same exact thing as the filling in the Ferrero Rocher chocolates? It is SOOO good though. I have to keep myself away from the jar!

I'm down to 126.4 as of today, so I'm really excited to be so close to goal!

Have a great week, everyone
LillyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLover View Post
Hey everyone! I had to join in once I saw the Nutella talk. Did y'all know that the spread is actually the same exact thing as the filling in the Ferrero Rocher chocolates? It is SOOO good though. I have to keep myself away from the jar!
I KNEW it!!! I was going to mention that since it was one of my favorite chocolates but I forgot to. haha. Congrats on the 126.4.

Last edited by KatVee; 12-06-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Lilly Yay for 126!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, KatVee and JL! I'm really trying to stop the self-sabotage now that I'm terribly close to goal. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to staying on-plan.

Now I want some Nutella!!
LillyLover is offline   Reply With Quote