Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #181  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Okay sadly no time for personals since my big test is in an hour and I need to get a nice brainy breakfast.

Today was my one week since my last weigh-in, it was only 5 days on weight watchers but since Saturdays are easier I made it my weigh-in for that too. I was looking forward to it, honestly I wasn't sure if I'd see a lose but....well it stayed exactly the same 153.

I can't decide if I'm disappointed or not, no loss is better then a gain and this wasn't even one whole week of WW which I feel is working really well for me so I guess I have to give it a break and wait for next Saturday.

My only thought is that in the past to lose weight I've had to eliminate diet soda because it was causing me to retain weight even when I was doing other things right....I had taken diet soda out of the situation but then reintroduced in the past week or so...guess it's gone again.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #182  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Icon – You rock thanks for that haha <3
Mybigwish – Good luck on your test!!!
Also I always thought Diet soda was just as bad as regular pop?

Anyways for me today I finally got my butt in gear and worked out, lasted only 30 minutes I couldn’t do the whole thing my lack of energy just died... But the main thing is I got up and did it, which is better than not doing it. I was suppose to go out tonight and meet some guy but cancelled...I couldn’t be bothered with people today (I’m soo weird like that sometimes) I also think I’m stuck at 160, which I don’t even know why I’m complaining I was stuck at 168 for months and wouldn’t drop...see having a scale is bad for you haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #183  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Miz- no worries! I was in 2 minds about it because I dont really know how the reporting thing works, if you get like a blackmark against you or something, but I figured that our mods are pretty nice on this forum and they'd help out Im glad you're not mad about it!

mybigwish- maintenance is totally a victory in my book!

nicki- welcome and good luck!

platformnine-yay congrats! Im excited for you too!

lianna- Ive always been a beach person I love the heat, the sand, the water, the smells. Its even more awesome now that I dont feel as self conscious (I still do a little but no where near as bad)

rainbow- oh man, queen street in summer is just nuts. Its like being in the middle of some very hot place. Insane. Especially if you are trying on clothes and walking makes you all sweaty and gross and then you cant try anything on, ugh. But I love queen st at night in summer.Did you get the book in the end? I guess bones arent meat xD But drumsticks are so tasty!

jazzang- maintenance is not something to be sniffed at! I hope the scale goes down for you too

Well after 3 christmas/birthday functions and dinner at my parents this weekend, my weight is still where it was at its lowest last week which is pretty damn incredible and I am totally not questioning why this has worked out so great. I'm pretty proud of myself Oh and I had a nsv! I was at one of the functions outside and was feeling a bit cold and talking to someone about how I probably have bad circulation cos my feet are always cold and i love lying in the sun in insane temperatures and she was like "well, you dont have a lot of fat on you either" She doesnt know about my weight journey and has only known me 6 months I was like w00t! and gave myself a little internal high five

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 12-11-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Lianna I always find it kind of weird when people who haven't seen me weigh food before see me do it. It's amusing in a way.

JL Here's hoping you see the weight you want by Tuesday, but if you don't, don't be too discouraged! You are doing great.

platformnine Haha I am kind of the same with black dresses - my mum goes crazy everytime I buy another one, but I live in dresses, I love dresses, and black just goes with more stuff! I have been making more of an effort to get different colours recently though...

Nicki Hey there! Good luck on your journey, hope to see you around!

mybigwish Hope your test went well! No gain is a good thing I think!

Icon Yay for the non-gain and the nsv!! Awesome! Yeah I felt pretty gross walking around town yesterday, so sweaty and there were so many people around. Ick. Didn't find the book unfortunately - after waiting around to get the title off my boyfriend, and Border's not having it, I gave up. He can do his own Christmas shopping haha :P Drumsticks..eh.. it's just chicken! I'd rather eat a breast or boneless thigh haha.

~ I'm at work, it's Sunday, it's stupidly hot and my eye is back to being stupidly sore and red and weepy. I think I might actually have to go to the doctor about it this time, since I don't think 2 weeks on and off of this kind of thing is good - unless it is just related to my hayfever, in which case, darn you hayfever!!
I am waiting for news that my boyfriend made it safely to Hamilton with his friend. Silly boys and their silly cycling quests. He rides a fixed gear with no brakes... so I kind of think riding to a city that is just over 2 hours drive away is not the best idea. But oh well. At least they're not riding back as well! Hopefully they made it there and are possibly on their way back now? Not sure as I have heard nothing yet.
Did nothing last night, but I feel kind of virtuous - I've had 2 weekends now with no alcohol (I don't drink during the week either).
I am looking forward to finishing work in 50 minutes and hopefully having a shisha pipe and a nice cool drink. I've already almost finished my 1.5 litre water bottle.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 PM   #185  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

mybigwish - Don't be discouraged! This could have happened for a lot of reasons - water retention in muscles and not drinking enough water could have done it! you'll see a loss soon.

Icon - Thanks!! And congrats on your scale victory AND your nsv!

Rainbow - What can we do when we know what looks good on us lol? Could be hayfever. Or it could be conjunctivitis (pink eye) which I get damn near constantly. Go to the doc and have them fix you up with some drops! I hope you hear from your boyfriend soon.

--------

Holy god my stepdad made chicken cordon bleu and stuffed chicken for dinner. So delicious! I had a piece of the stuffed chicken and nothing else (approx. 300 calories) and for dessert I still had some left over calories so I had a banana and some nutella. YUM.

I'm mixed about my workout today, though. I did 20 minutes of HIIT with Cindy Whitmarsh that was good, but then I did another 20 minute "fat blast cardio" with Kendall Hogan that didn't really feel like it was blasting anything. My heart rate definitely wasn't as high. Oh well, I have an 8:15am spin class tomorrow that is sure to kick my butt with my favorite trainer!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #186  

platformnine Yeah I had drops for it last week haha, it went away after Sunday...so I thought I was good, but it seems to be not so good again in the last couple of days. I'll try the drops again tonight, I just have the issue of hating wearing my glasses but not being able to use drops with contacts in haha. Silly silly I am. Your workout sounds pretty good to me, but then again I'm the queen of short workouts. Mmmm stuffed chicken. I am ready for some food I think. Drooling all over the place, just read a thread where someone was talking about cookies and coconut pie. Hah.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #187  
Mary

Rainbow - Oh my god coconut <3 And cookies. I'm such a damn sweet tooth lol. I'm still full though lol. I scratched my cornea with a bad contact over the summer and haven't been allowed to wear contacts since :C You should always finish your drops though, even if it seems to be healed. I hope it heals up quickly again!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Feral, hey! Those little figurines are cute! And well done on resisting the beer!

P9, congrats on seeing the 170’s! and wow, you are so reasonable with your shopping! Lol. with me it’s kinda just “see. Want. Get!” lol.

MiZ, awww, I’m sorry your party turned into such a drunken mess! Did you have fun at least? Well, it’s over now. You can always fix whatever silly drunken thing you did

Rainbow, congrats on the new low, and yaaay pizza! I’ve been really craving pizza for a while now… I dunno if it’s just all the pizza talk on here or what… but I can now live vicariously through you! Haha… you should really take care with your eye though...

Hiya Jess, welcome back!

Nicki6, welcome!

Mybigwish
, aww, I’m sorry you didn’t lose any weight on your first weigh in but honestly, it could just be stress. I remember in my big plateau a month back, I was really stressed out about the boy… and no loss. Now you have your big test. Once it’s done, you’ll be able to focus more! Good luck! I hope it goes well for you

Icon, my feet are always cold too!! Well, as soon as it’s a little cold outside… so annoying. Someone once told me I might have mild anemia and it could cause that. My mom has the same thing happens in her hands so it could be. F-ing annoying though…

wow, i don't check in for like 2 days and there's 3 more pages of posts! haha, sorry if i missed you in the personals... how's your weekend going?

well, my party was fun! at first i wasn't too sure about it cuz i didn't know anybody there except my friend who was holding it, but she was being such a good hostess, buzzing around the room and introducing people to each other, that i was quickly chatting away with a bunch of different folks. i got really scared when i first showed up and saw that she had a table set up with a bunch of JUNK (chips, mini chocolates, candy...) but i was really good about not touching it, for like, at least the first 2 hours! lol. i only grazed a bit towards the end of the party, but most of that stuff was gone by the time i was too drunk to care. haha. actually, i was really good with the booze too, i think i had only 4 drinks and the cups my friend had were really small so it wasn't even "normal-sized" drinks, haha. and of course, i'd barely eaten anything during the day to account for booze calories so i got drunk super quick. but anyways, it was fun, i even danced with a cute boy for most of the night, haha.

had a major headache the next day though, and spent it with my friend, and her other friend who stayed over. ate totally off plan as i had pancakes for bk, then some fries, then sushi for dinner... but all in all it wasn't so bad for a cheat day, maybe like 2000 calories. plus, i weighed myself this morning and i was only up .2 from friday so i'm pleased with that. now i'm off to hang out with a friend, and hopefully i wont get back too late tonight, so i can do my 30DS. hope i see the scale going down tomorrow!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #189  

platformnine They weren't prescribed drops, just over the counter ones so I kind of just stopped when it got better. Might have to get them out again. Oh man, I'm not usually a sweet tooth, but at the moment I'm craving all sorts of cookies and cakes and stuff. I usually crave fatty carbs like potatoes, french fries, bread etc.

Kawaii Yay fun party times and good on you for doing well. Cheat days are ok (at least I'm of the thinking they are, some people would disagree) - yay for the cute boy as well! The pizza was good, so you lived vicariously well haha. Hope the scale goes down for you, but don't stress too much if it doesn't - sounds like a salty day for you today...

~Boyfriend and friend made it safely on their cycle and now they're on their way back - my boyfriend's dad went to pick them up. I am so sleeeeeeeeeepy after not sleeping well last night. Might just be nap time..
Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #190  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Icon – I figured whatever I wrote would have got me a blacklist or something, though I’m not too sure what was said...but I can kind of figure out bits and pieces of it. But no way would I be mad I thank you for that considering some other things couldn’t be easily taken care of such as an email I sent out. Ugh!

Rainbow – because you said it was Sunday I totally had to look at my calendar and be like CRAP do I work tomorrow...then I saw you were from New Zealand..omg I’ve always wanted to go there! Hope your eye gets better and it’s just something such as hayfever, but yes doctors would be better choice instead of diagnosing yourself. Also yay for the BF making it back safe, ugh i hate worrying about people like that always bad thoughts come into play...

Kawaii – Actually I held it quite together until i was alone (thank god) then a 40 minute drunken walk making snow angels and writing in the snow...then home and sended off emails an ex that I never ever ever wanted to contact...BUT I think I fixed that by sending a good email (the other wasn’t bad) pretty much telling him I’m happy, I hope he is and that I thank god every day we did not get married or last lmfao...Also good job at the party, I know I hate going to things alone even if I know just one person because I’m shy and people think I’m odd for some reason...lol

=====================

So...I really have nothing of important to say other then I made tuna today and put wayy too much whiping dressing in it which made it swim in the tuna...kind of gross...oh did I mention I'm totally craving egg nog and christmas cookies!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:35 AM   #191  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I am so much more into cooking now that I eat more consciously and healthily.

Has anyone else tried making peanut butter cookies with applesauce instead of butter/lard? I did, and it was DELICIOUS. They turned out soft, a little crispy (in a nice, caramelized sorta way which people loved) on top, and kind of cookie/brownie textured.

I found an easy recipe and made like 2/3 cookie sheet. As I was making them and people noticed I was making them "healthy," and said that "Recipes with applesauce instead of butter never work, duh." (It was my friend's girlfriend- she's a peach). But I made them and people devoured them.

Apparently they're 45 calories per cookie if you use Splenda. I didn't have that much Splenda lying around, so used normal sugar and that make it about 55 calories per cookie. And they're normal sized cookies - not those "low cal" ones that're like as small as my thumbnail. Lol!

And the batter was tasty, too, dang it.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-12-2010 at 12:36 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

MyBigWish: It's good that you didn't gain anything! Sucks about not being to drink the diet soda though...but you gotta do wut you gotta do! GL w/ the weightwatchers.
MiZ I hope the 160's get to moving for you!
Icon: That's an awesome NSV. And dang 3 Christmas parties? That's alot! Your a busy woman!
Rainbow: Ugh That sucks about your eye! 2 weeks straight w/ no alcohol? That's great!
Platform: MmM That does sound delicious! I usually split my workouts up like that!
Kawaii: I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the party!
Lianna: That sounds really good! And 45 calories per cookie? That's awesome.

Welll--so much for hoping to see 165 Tuesday because...I seen it TODAY! I hopped on the scale this morning and to my surprise 165.4 showed up on the scale! I can't believe it. It seems like during my decades I have a huge pauses and then my weight starts shooting downward I love that. I just hate the wait lol. So I was pretty thrilled! As for today its cuddling on the couch under a warm blank kind of day. We are under a winter weather advisory here and expecting snow and a windchill of 0 so yes I will be in the house! I plan on doing atleast 45 minutes of working out today, cleaning and catching up with the laundry! --- Other then that anyone have a problem with sizes like me? I'm in a size 13 but they are getting big and baggy and trying to fall of off and my size 11's still give me a muffin top so wut to do wut to do? I guess it's time to invest in a belt. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday/Monday and I hope that your good and warm where your at! lol
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #193  
Mary

Kawaii - LOL, trust me it was a rare moment. I've been trying reaaallly hard to be mindful of my money. Usually I'm more like you. Sounds like you had a great time at the party! Good job for only having a few drinks and avoiding the food table.

Lianna - I love subbing stuff when I cook! Applesauce, non-fat plain yogurt or a low-fat sour cream - delicious! Your cookies sound really good. I also use the sugar/splenda blend when I cook.

JLN - Woo! Congrats on 165!!!

-----------

Should be 178.5-179 today, I hate my basement scale because it's so inaccurate and I couldn't get into my parent's bathroom this morning since my stepdad was still asleep.

My spin class was NOT worth getting up for at 7am on a Sunday in the pouring rain. The sub-instructor cared more about his mellow jazz + Nickelback playlist and singing along/composing than giving us a spin class. Seriously, he was all about sprints at 5-6 resistance to MELLOW ELEVATOR JAZZ. And then we'd go to a Nickelback song he'd want us to sing along to, and his tempo was bad and he was just NOT my favorite instructor (who was out because she was at a Christmas party the night before). One of the guys in my class was talking with me on the way to the parking lot and we were both saying how he seemed like he'd rather play the drums (he was composing to the music at us the whole time) or teach a choir class than a spin class. We certainly missed our usual instructor. It was probably the worst spin class I've ever taken in the passed year.

Last edited by platformnine; 12-12-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Platform: Sorry about your instructor not being so good! Hopefully the next class will be better!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #195  
Mary

JLN - They will be. Tuesdays is a really good instructor I take (I'm surprised they didn't get her to sub!) and Thursdays/Sundays I take with my favorite instructor.