Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #16  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I have 30DS, but it's kind of hard! If you recently underwent surgery, perhaps you should start with something easier? The only other dvd I have and can suggest is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. That one is quite easy, too!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I'm aiming for 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week for october because I tend to get ambivalent about the gym, skipping days or going but only doing 15 or 20 mins and calling it good because it is better then not going at all... yet other days I'll do 45 mins or an hour. I'm hoping by standardizing it that it'll get me into better habits
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #18  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm trying to do some sort of cardio something 5 days a week. Right now I'm just running some days (at a slowish, steady jog) and doing Tae Bo cardio videos on the days I don't run. I'm on a tight budget and I prefer exercising outdoors whenever possible. Any suggestions?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #19  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Well, Day One of October!

I have a treadmill with my name on it:
1.18 Miles in 21 Minutes

How about you guys?
Is this a break day or are we going to start the month off strong?

Last edited by zanheltangia; 10-01-2010 at 07:16 PM. Reason: "on" not "of" /facepalm
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

I took my break day yesterday, today is C25K training. Or maybe a day from the plan you're doing... I like the intensity of yours.

Tomorrow, gym before work.

You people are making me sad with your mile times. I have some serious work to do, obviously!

Yeah, Warrior Dash is totally my motivation. I want to do the 5k and Beach Palooza, but I NEED to do Warrior Dash. I *will* do Warrior Dash, and I will do it well!
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #21  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hey now, . You can't compare your time vs. someone elses. It doesn't work that way, .

Everywhere that I read up on running states that "the only times that matter are YOURS"! So basically, the one you are working to improve against is your previous/old times. So be proud of your number and keep working on it!

Did you try out your mile yesterday, Amanda?
By the way, I think I'm going to attempt all the obstacles in the Warrior Dash, it'll slow me the heck down, and I'll probably be more cautious that most on that net, but that's the experience!

It is coolin' down here in Florida, YAY!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

MadameZombie:
That is NOT a silly goal at all! I know you can do it! I think you will do great with your goal this month!

Amanda & zanheltangia:
WOW 5 k!! I think you ladies will do awesome! Definitely keep us posted on your progress!

My goal this month is to be able to run a mile without stopping! Right now I have to stop about mid way, possibly twice during my mile.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #23  

Krampus - Look into pilates, you might be able to get a used book on amazon.com with the exercises. I'm in love with it! I do Winsor Pilates. I like it because you can do it anywhere, no equipment required. No gym membership!
As far as outside...running, tennis, soccer...??
Old 10-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #24  
Warning 3FC Addict

Wow, that is awesome Lindsey! Keep us posted on YOUR goal progress too.

*Dreams about being able to run longer than 15 or so steps*
Old 10-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #25  

Thanks! Will do!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 AM   #26  

Thanks! That's a good point, I shouldn't worry about competing with my best and others' best. Considering how high mine is right now, it should be much easier for me to improve upon anyway, haha.

I didn't do my mile last night, actually. I feel like a slacker, BUT.. I was doing yard work, raking, weeding, etc... so I know I burned some calories even if it didn't directly contribute to 5k training. I think it is just in my head that everything needs to contribute to running/improving time, ha. Obvs burning calories is useful because the less poundage I have, the quicker I can move!

I also need to mark out exactly one mile somewhere in my 'hood. I know the loop I usually travel is 0.7, so I could approximate, I suppose.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #27  
Warning 3FC Addict

I must let you in on this website then:
Map My Run
I did it at work before I went home, so I knew what a mile was.
I couldn't get a "perfect" mile distance looping from and back to my house easily, but it was close ( I tend to slack myself, as if I couldn't walk another half of a mile to get back home /facepalm).

Yard work is definitely exercise!
I used to have my Dad "crackin' the whip" to get it done whenever I headed down south to help him. And at my start weight, oh god... I needed breaks.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 10-01-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #28  

Hahaha, funny you say that... yard work was my sometimes punishment as a kid. We lived on 4.5 acres. I was a total tomboy though, so half the time I was out in the midst of the tractors and such anyway. Somehow when it was my turn to mow, I got the push mower though

That site rocks! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #29  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Hey ladies! Great thread

I started P90X yesterday. Would love to be a runner, but it still hurts my knees too much to do it for too long! I've heard lots of good stuff about this program. I love being able to exercise at home, and just finished Chalean Extreme's 90 day video rotation about two weeks ago. Yes, that's right, I haven't really exercised in two weeks. Stupid me. But I was able to make it all the way through the P90x video without completely turning it off, so I was pretty proud of that! My boyfriend had to stop 20 minutes in.... i think he was a bit embarrassed....

Zan - go girl! You're almost at a 12 minute mile, that's awesome!

Amanda - don't feel bad about your time, like everyone said, you have to compete with yourself... but if it makes you feel any better Zan has five inches on you I envy people with long legs!!
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #30  

Aha! Another good point! I can only go as fast as my shorter legs will carry me, ha.

Really, I don't feel too bad... it just feels like it is giving me a look at my future: the last lonely person struggling across the finish line :/ I know my thought should be, hey, at least I'm DOING a 5k, and if (or WHEN) I finish, then dude. I *finished* a 5k! Buuut.. that petty girl in my head belittles accomplishment by pointing out all the negatives/embarrassing things.

Just more incentive to work harder! Either way, on 11/20, I'm lining up at the start line of a 5k. And first, last, or in between, I'm gonna finish my first 5k... that's an accomplishment in itself. I'll have plenty more 5ks to improve upon my times!