Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #301  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

ugh I know what you mean fivestone! I've been stuck at about 151 for AGES (recently went up to 153...) but I'm SO looking forward to seeing a 40-something and not a 50-something!!

Last edited by katylil; 08-30-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 186/178.5/155

Height: 5'7.5"

back to 156...now I just gotta get my butt in gear and get the scale moving down again...

one cool thing, I got the eddie bauer curvy fit jeans in size 6 when I was at the outlet mall!! I know they are vanity sized, but still lol
Old 08-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #303  

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies, finally made it to this thread, weighed in at 159 this morning (do the happy dance ). Planning to push hard this week, I train with my personal trainer 3x a week and I show him my weekly eating plan every Monday. And also we weigh-in every Monday so I wont cheat over the weekends hehehe, his strategy seems to be working coz I no longer binge over the weekends....

My mini-goal for now is to get to 140, dont remember the last time I weighed that little...

So this week, no cheating on the diet and gonna work hard at gym and it will pay off...
Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

hi my lovely friends!! hope everyone is doing well!! the boyfriend's bday was yesterday, and it was awesome we had a greeeeeeeaaaaat time, and my good eating habits went right out the window, just like i was trying not to do. oops! oh well, back on track today, and it's going to be a good week!

good news is that my back is feeling pretty good lately, so i'm going to try to up my workouts this week. i'm going to head into the gym 5x this week! it's time for me to kick it into high gear i'm excited! alright, I weigh wednesday, so i'll let you know if yesterday did any major damage!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 AM   #305  
I'm wandering around

S/C/G: 159/152/130

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everyone! I'm at 159 and I plan to get down hopefully to the 140's. I feel like every time I'm about to reach it, I kinda just stay at the weight I am or go back instead of forwards. I'm gonna work extra hard an make sure I eat healthy. I plan working out 5 times this week.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 184/184/144

Height: 5'6

149.6 My first time in the 140's since gade school.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM   #307  

alicia, gotta love sexy new jeans

size8, welcome to the thread!!! i love that you have a concrete plan; that and motivation will bring success!

welcome wonderball!!! i know how u feel, i've done that all too many times... my current struggle is getting into the 140s, too!

ape, that's AMAZING!!! so fun to see that new low, eh? I'm hoping to get there by this weekend maybe ur new skinny-ness will rub off on me!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #308  
student

S/C/G: 160/156/115

Height: 5'3''

Hey all. So I'm new to this site and still dont know what to do exactly. So here it goes. My cw is 156. And goal is to be down to the 115-120 that I used to be back 5 years ago. I am currently fasting, due to Ramadan, but that ends next week on Sept 9/10. So I'm looking for a new way to approach the weight-loss battle...ANY and ALL suggestions would be realllyyyy helpful!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:24 PM   #309  

welcome chubby chick to the site and to our thread! if you read around, you should get an idea of what we post about... basically it's daily struggles/annoyances as well as daily triumphs! we try to support one another bc we're all facing the same main struggle: we want to lose the weight and become healthier ppl! soo i think you're in the right place. as far as your weightloss goes... the only way to really get what you want is to make sensible food choices and exercise. i like calorie counting. use a calorie deficit calculator to get an estimate of what your caloric intake should be in order to lose weight. http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calor...calculator.php

hope that helped! looking forward to hearing about your progress
Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 AM   #310  

156 again!! I shouldn't complain, but really want to see the scale go lower! TOM is coming though and that always wooshes away at least a pound for me

It's September though, and some aspects of this month are gonna SUCK, so I'm determined to stay on plan and exercise and see the scale go down!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #311  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey girls! Happy Wednesday!

alicia- size 6! Oh my Lady Gaga! (my new favorite phrase; thank you, Chinese children!). Vanity sized or not, that's something to be proud of!

size8- welcome! Looks like you have a lot of good things going for you. You'll be at goal in no time!

sasha- missed you, girl! Glad you had fun with the bf's bday. How did the weigh-in go? PS, where is everyone? Did they all just kind of disappear?

wonderball- welcome!

ape- what what! 140's, that's awesome! congrats!

chubbycollegechick- welcome! this site is great, just jump in wherever! Everyone here is super friendly and encouraging! Sasha had great advice to calorie count. That really helped me be accountable and helped me learn a LOT about my eating habits. What I would add to that would be to try to eat as cleanly as possible- eat real food and try to avoid processed food and additives/preservatives wherever possible. Exercise has also always helped me lose and helped me feel energized, motivated and powerful!

Right now, I'm working on taking my own advice. I felt like I was in an alternate universe all summer and getting back to reality has been a challenge on all fronts, including weight-loss. It's been really hard to get on a normal sleep schedule which has really been throwing me off. Then there's the 20-something, where's-my-place-in-the-world syndrome that I still can't quite get a grip on. Anyway, I'm going to go for a run which should be interesting considering I haven't gone in about 2 months. Hope everyone is enjoying their week!
Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #312  
Exercise the Mind

S/C/G: 196/175.7/148

Height: 5'8.5"

Hey, everyone! Good news! I'm a daily weigher--keeps me honest--but was bouncing around the country/city for the last two weeks, waiting for my subletter to move out of my room for the summer. No scale since the 20th, and I've been going kind of crazy every day--feeling like my weight was creeping steadily upward. Especially since I've had a couple of REALLY bad days in there (wedding, good-bye party, welcome back picnic--just nightmare rich-and-buttery buffets all around).

I last weighed in at 159.0; I predicted I'd be back at 162 or so.

But today! I was back home, weighed myself, AND: even in the middle of the afternoon (I normally weigh first thing in the morning), I'm still in the 150s! I was 159.1--so not *deep* in, but I'll definitely take it. I'm guessing the scale in the morning will (more officially) say something similar.

This has given me a whole second wind; if I can maintain through those last two weeks, then I really am on track and can make the next ten pounds work without horrible strain. Hooray! I'm so happy. And really settling into these 150s. Look out, 140s, I'm comin' atcha.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #313  

alicia, hope the scale budges in the right direction for ya sooooooon! what's the plan for september to make sure you don't slip up?

TUENDE!!!!!! sooooo glad to have you and your personals back!!!! i have NO idea where everyone went. disappeared awhile back... but we have newbies! i'm glad you enjoyed your time in an alternate universe i went through the whole 20-something crisis a few yrs back... not bc I don't know what I want to do though, mine was more coming to terms with the world being the way it is (still struggling to accept that the people that i love are the way they are) good news is that it figuring yourself out gets easier the more you do it! and i tip my hat to you, bc it's not every person that dares to be so introspective. kudos. glad you're back and moving that body!

rschroed, that is sooo exciting!! you weighed in mid-day, which means in the morning before eating/drinking you're prob a pound or 2 lighter! come on 140s!!

well, I got scared and didn't weigh myself this morning. LOL. sometimes i'm a goob! I promise to weigh tomorrow and report back! I'm working out more though, as I said I would, so I'm proud of that. AND today I did cardio on the elliptical rather than the seated stationary bike which means... drumroll... that my back is healing!! wooohoooooooo

SO i am hoping to hit my goal by Nov for my bday. Back's getting better, I'm working out more, and I'm still eating cleanly (with a 'cheat' now ad then)... Eeeeee I really hope I can get there!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #314  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

So many of you have made a lot of progress. I remember seeing some of the same names in the other threads, and it's awesome to be transitioning down the scale with you guys!

I'm down to 148 -- will probably be less once I get up in the morning. I definitely feel smaller, but when I look in the mirror I still feel like I look big. My husband suggests that I either stop losing weight or consider making my goal so that I lose only 10 more pounds at the most. I don't know if I can see myself feeling thin in another 10 pounds.

Down to a decent size 8. That's the smallest size I have on hand -- my smaller clothes are stored at my grandmother's house. I think I'll go and have a look-see...

I just want this fat off me. Now. But at least I hit my normal-weight goal (fiiinally), and have almost lost 40 pounds.

Last edited by fivestone; 09-02-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #315  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuende View Post
Then there's the 20-something, where's-my-place-in-the-world syndrome that I still can't quite get a grip on.
I know exactly what you mean!!

shasha - I'm just going to keep up with weighing daily and being honest. Sometimes I like to ignore the scale on the days it says a number I don't like. lol. I've got some friends at work, and we are going to hold each other accountable.
Closed Thread