Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #1  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

Default For all you Chicks with Iphones/Ipod touches!!

So I bought myself an ipod touch and have been looking for a while for great tools to help with weight loss and I finally found two worth shouting about.

The first one (and my go to app) is called Lose it! and its a calorie counter and food tracker. I was using fitday and the daily plate but because I always had to be by a computer to log anything never kept track. I always keep my ipod on me and it will even remind me to log my info for the day. I am on week 2 using it and 5.6 lb down, its like a little nutritionist in your pocket

Also I found an app called TargetWeight. This one is very straight forward, you tell it your current and goal weights (along with a date you want to reach your goal) and it tells you how much you have left to lose and how many days left til your goal, sounds simple but it also tracks your progress, graphs it and you also have the option to display the number corresponding to the pounds you want to lose right on your homescreen icon, i dont know about you guys but seeing the number of pounds i stil have to lose everytime you touch your phone is a big motivator.

Plus both of these apps are password protected so no one else needs to know your business

How about you, has anyone found any other great Apps they want to dish about?
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/139/125

Height: 5'3"

Calorie Counter by FatSmart, I think it's called. Has a HUGE database of food.
mjhart23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hey thanks! I will have to check those out. Currently the only app like that I have is Weight Watchers but you have to pay for a membership to get all the cool counting stuff.
huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #4  
Mama x 3

S/C/G: 178/173/153

Height: 5'11

How expensive is the Iphone service? I am due for my 2 year verizon upgrade and these features could be quite niffty.
LexNateMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntress View Post
Hey thanks! I will have to check those out. Currently the only app like that I have is Weight Watchers but you have to pay for a membership to get all the cool counting stuff.
There are actually free point calculators available on the App store. I stopped paying for WW after a few months because I had all the materials and didn't go to meetings (and set up my own food journal) so I just used a bootleg point counter. It worked really well.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #6  
Samantha417

the LoseIt app is amazing!! I've been using it since february! The only thing to watch out for is that you will need to adjust your calorie intake the farther you go, because the calories are based off of a sedentary lifestyle. So if you work out, you can give yourself more calories.

If anyone wants to be friends on this, PM me your email and I'll add you!

There are so many great apps for the iphone! There's also one that I found...CHunterLite. It has the calories for so many meals from several restaurants..including starbucks!!! And the Pandora radio app, so you can always have a great variety of music while you work out!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm on there but I don't think I have enough posts to PM you OR post my email address
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #8  
Samantha417

i'll PM you mine then!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I use the FoodScanner app all the time. It scans the barcodes of foods and gives you their nutrition information - great for when I'm on the run and need to record something really quickly!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/150

OK, I think I added you
MrsDeenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #11  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

An Iphone runs about $100-$300 with a monthly cost of anywhere between $70 and $120 a month, depending on your plan. An Ipod touch is a little more expensive $190-$400 and if you have access to wifi you can use it with no other monthly expenses (You will have to pay for non-free Apps on either though).

One thing I love about the Lose it app is you don't need a signal or WiFi to access it and keep your tracking updated, really nice when I am at work or eating out.

Jenny - That foodscanner app sound crazy, does it work with the camera on your iphone?

Samantha - I'll have to check out CHunterLite. I am a HUGE fan of Pandora, they always seem to make just the right mix of music Slacker Radio is a good radio app as well.
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

I use shape-up club on my iphone. I love it and have all my usual meals logged in there already so I can just pop them in in a few touches It has a food and excercise log and a massive database of food and room to put your own foods in too Also tells you how many weeks it will take you to reach your goal as well as a guide to how many calories you should be consuming in a day (but you can set your own too). You can also put little notes each day to say how you did and analyse your feelings for the day and you can skip about a week in advance so you can plan your food too It's an absolute life-saver for me Oh and before and after pic spaces too (few, long list!) xx
jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Spark Recipes - Healthy Recipes. It has great recipes that are healthy and you can search by course, type of food, low fat, etc.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #14  
Eternally 2 pounds away..

S/C/G: 135/ticker/120

I would heavily recommend MyENetDiary. There is a free version and a premium version. It is very simple to use. It calculates you BMR and sets you a calorie goal.
It has a extensive database of foods and you can add your own. On the forums they say an upgrade is coming up next week where you can scan bar codes of food.
You can add any exercise you have done. It calculates how many pounds you will lose per week.
Any way i can go on all day, I really recommend you try the free one and see if u like it or not. I have never been a disciplined dieter and I have lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks.
DoraUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #15  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm not currently doing it, but love the C25K app on the iphone. You can play your own music through your ipod on the iphone and run the app.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote