Old 04-11-2010, 11:47 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 248/191/150

i tell EVERYONE! haha if i could tell random people on the street i would! im just so proud of my progress so far it helps my confidence to tell more people
algebraashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:10 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/138/110

Height: 5'0"

i think talking about diets around some people makes for awkward conversation. at work, people ask why i always eat salads and i tell them that it's the only way i can get my veggies in every day. pretty much all the women at work are obese...don't really want to get into conversations about my personal appearance and goals around people i spend 40 hours a week with!
tomato sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Yes and no. I told my girlfriend and my roommates...my mom too. From there, I'd tell people who mentioned that I was looking thinner, asking if I was losing weight, etc. I'm not one to lie and I don't mind telling people in on WW or whatever, but I also don't feel like announcing it.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #19  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I've only told close family and friends. I am looking forward to the day people who don't know/haven't seen me in a long time will be able to tell, and actually tell me they notice the difference! I feel like some people are afraid to say, "Oh, have you lost weight?" because it's acknowledging the fact that you were overweight in the first place.
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #20  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I don't tell anyone... not because I'm afraid of failure but I don't want to be seen as *diet girl*. The first time I lost weight ALL my friends knew about it and it was like having an audience everytime I ate with them. I can regulate myself without everyone else staring down my lunch, KWIM? I also don't want people to be like "Oh Val's on a diet don't let her have that..." bla. If I've budgeted a cupcake I'm going to eat a darn cupcake... I don't need everyone's input .

I'd rather have everyone be surprised when I get smaller than waiting for it to happen.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #21  
Ready for a change!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 277/277/150

Height: 5'8"

Only my parents & brothers know (since I live with them lol) but other than that no one. I don't want to tell anyone yet, its still early, and I'm afraid if I fail or something then it'll just be worse? It'll be nice to lose it and have people ask "Have you lost weight?!"
love114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

Some people know, some don't. If it comes up, i talk about it. Alot of people have noticed the weight loss and ask me about it and i tell them. I don't really like to talk about it at work because my boss (who i love) is very overweight and started a failed weight loss program about the same time as me. I do like telling people here and there because it reminds me of what i am doing and how i want to succeed in this.
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
I don't tell people but not because I fear I will fail but to keep the Diet Police off my back. Trust me when certain folks hear you are on a diet they will monitor every bite you take and make unwanted comments. Then there are the Diet Saboteurs they think it is their duty to see if they can make you break your diet. Now you know why I keep my dieting to myself.
lol i totally understand what you mean and for me i have told most of the people in my family and teh rest of my family and some friends notice by themselves
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 AM   #24  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm so impressed with those of you who are telling so many people! As someone who's been on and off the wagon several times, before committing to a real lifestyle change, wow. I couldn't do that. I bet it also helps you guys stay accountable to yourselves! You guys are awesome!

I mentioned it offhand to my husband, so he doesn't freak out when I make different meals for each of us, but other than that, mum's the world until I see some real success on my end.
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #25  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

I've spoke about losing weight a few times to friends but I don't constantly bring it up. I mention loving to workout a lot though, which is a true hobby of mine. I don't talk to family about it because I"m not close with them.

Last edited by energie; 04-12-2010 at 05:42 PM.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #26  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6"

i've told quite a few people.. my close family members know i'm trying to lose weight, some other family members have NOTICED and they ask me so i admit it, and some friends i've told because they were trying to do the same..

in a way by telling people and not keeping it to yourself, you don't set yourself up for failure. if you start quitting you're going to realize you told so many people and they'll never believe you can lose weight next time you try to.. so in a way it helps motivate me to stay on track
missyRxOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 305/245/135

Height: 5'6"

My DH knows that I'm trying to make a "lifestyle change" because that's how I've framed it. (Which is true!!) I've only mentioned the weight loss in passing. I'm not planning on necessarily keeping it hidden, but I'm definitely not going to offer up the info. I think if someone asks why I'm eating differently, etc. I'll just cite general health as the reason, not weight loss.
Viviane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm not hiding it per say...My whole family knows (even if they didn't, I've told my mom and she has a big mouth) and the friends that I talk to regularly know. Of course I'm in a weird situation where I moved home and left all my friends in one area, so we don't hang out a lot and they can't "shadow" my changes. Even if they could, I really don't think they would, however. I'm careful with my friends, I guess you could say, and would never choose to hang out with people who are less than supportive--though everyone supports in their own ways I suppose.
megphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

My husband and mum know the drill when I say "I'm starting to journalize my food again". That's all I need to say. LoL

I don't bother telling friends or coworkers. They know I'm working out though as I tend to whimper when I'm feeling it the next day. lol
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #30  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

When I re-joined WW, some friends knew. I told my roommates because I needed their help in regards to leaving junk food laying around the house. We had the "put the cookies out of Jennierose's reach" rule.

As for everyone else, I joined WW at work, so some knew, and some of my friends knew because we did WW together before, but I didn't publicize it. As was said before, I don't want to be known as the "diet girl" - its like you constantly have people watching what you're eating, and its annoying.

But, if people ask what I'm doing or how I lost the weight, I'm honest with them.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote