Old 01-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #1  
**Nadine Marie**

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'6"

Default what are your valentines day plans?

im worried bout eating out on Valentines Day! my boyfriend are going out to dinner with another couple at the Royal Park Hotel (this really nice and expensive 4 star Hotel in town) and im not wasting this opportunity, and ordering a salad! but we will have to see! i think my plan is to order what i want and eat less than half, take the rest home and give it to my sister haha

so what is everyones plan for valentines day? and what are you doing about your diets?
cherrykissez011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #2  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'm not sure what I'm doing yet...I won't know until about a week from now when I get my schedule for the week of the 14th at work...but I'm pretty sure my bf is going to try and surprise me with something...probably take me out to dinner. If I had to guess I'd say the aquarium (in houston) or something...but thats just because I mentioned wanting to go there about a week ago since I've never been...

I almost wish he'd do something different, that I wasn't expecting at all...he's just so predictable....like I talked about buying ballet tickets to see the nutcracker and then about a week later I said I couldn't because I didn't have the money...and then for christmas he took me somewhere as a "surprise"...and guess what, it was the ballet. lol..not that I didn't have fun...it was GORGEOUS.

I guess I figure it's a special day and I'm just not going to worry about calories. I'm just going to order what I want, and worry about eating the correct portion size and not over eating...but I'm going to get whatever it is that I want...not just some stupid salad. lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

My bf, doesn't really believe in Valentines, so he refuses to go out on valentine's. Some how this year I got hockey tickets on the 13th, so he's taking me out this cute little tapas bar for dinner (http://www.taste-restaurant.com/) then off to the game. Valentine's happens to be my mom's bday, so I'm having my bf, mom, dad a family friend and her 3 daughters over to my house for dinner on the 14th. I'm going to cook, braised beef short ribs barley risotto and asparagus bundles. Not the healthiest dinner ever but hopefully it will be good!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/see ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

My hubby is taking me out for a fancy dinner and a movie. I'll try to eat sensibly, look at the menu before hand etc. I plan on staying within my daily points or perhaps using my weekly points for the occasion.
Summer2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

My husband and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. We used to when we were dating and maybe some at the beginning of our marriage, but now, we're kind of not into it anymore. We have two kids and the thought of getting a sitter, going out for a pricey dinner or buying expensive roses just doesn't make much sense nor is desirable to either one of us at this point. I think it's great that it exists but we have special dinners whenever we can fit it into our lives and not because of an established day. I hope my post isn't a downer. I really don't mean it as such. Heck, if my hubby came home with a diamond ring (which wouldn't happen, of course), I would think that's very special and romantic, but at the same time, I wouldn't want him to spend that kind of money...ok, this isn't making any sense! Either way, I hope ya'll have a great time!

Regarding the food, I would really suggest that people try to find an online menu to wherever they're going. There are some items that are so much worse on a menu than others (calorie wise, that is) and taste just as good as something that is more moderate in calorie expenditure. If you can't find a menu, then I would recommend avoiding alcohol (clouds the judgment, at least for me) and I would try to order foods that are grilled instead of fried or try to go with a marinara sauce instead of an alfredo sauce. I would try to avoid the bread basket and I would also try to not be starving when I get to the restaurant. Then, I would be sure to workout more over the next few days and drink lots of water too.

Happy Valentines...I hope it's romantic and special.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/200/167

Height: 5'10"

I don't have a boyfriend...so I will most likely sit at home with a good book and homework. Maybe I will watch a romantic movie or something.

I do know that it will feel kinda strange not eating any sort of goodie, but we'll see how that goes. My dad and I could make some low-carb chocolate pie or a cheesecake.
tigerkt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I think I'm going to make a nice dinner for hubby and I at home. We aren't big on dining out and we already agreed we're only swapping cards this year. So it'll be up to me what I want to make. I think I'll turn it romantic and put candles and such since we don't normally do that.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #8  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Well, I recently broke it off with the boyfriend so...no plans yet for me. I'm thinking homework, maybe some wine, he's just not that into you, and a piece of chocolate. Not super dietetic but I'll work it into my count for the week. Though there is prospect. The 4th I have a date with this super gorgeous guy, steve. lol. Maybe he can be my Valentine? lol...
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Redliss I like your plan. The 15th is my dads birthday so I might head up to NJ. Other than that, my friend and I usually go out and see some romantic comedy since I'm always single on V Day.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

Hubby and I aren't really "holiday" type people. So we don't usually do anything. Plus he'll be working. I'm *hoping* he'll make Gluten-Free pizza for us for dinner (which would be on plan if I don't have too much). If not I'll make something yummy.
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 PM   #11  
finding my balance...

S/C/G: 216.8/209.4/135

Height: 5'7

I'm sure we won't have a sitter on vday so we'll be hanging out at home, BUT your post made me laugh cuz we did Applebee's tonight and i did just what you said, ordered what i wanted and ate half...and that includes the mountain dew!
tandifrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #12  

Bf is on the East coast, I am on the West... I think it'll be one of those chatting on webcam type of nights

hehehe I've actually never had a valentine before. He will be my first
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #13  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

working.

Im so exciting i know. =p
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #14  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

My bf lives in NJ (he is getting his phd at Rutgers) and I am still in FL finishing up my masters degree so we won't actually be together on V-day...however, he IS flying down THIS weekend because it was like a few hundred dollars cheaper than v-day weekend!

So we are having an early V-day dinner at chef Cat Cora's restaurant, Kouzzina, and we may or may not see a movie or something. I also bought Torrid's "Red White Dot-Print Bubble-Hem Strapless Dress" for the occasion because he LOVES the color red on me!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #15  
Happy in LA!

S/C/G: 244/224/170

Taking my little sisters to see "Valentine's Day". We're gonna get very dressed up (and probably look like fools) and hit the movies and probably a bite or beach afterwards.
calisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote