Old 12-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #1  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default OT: Boy Jazz [For those who remember my drama...]

Hey ladies!

So I've been all over the place lately, but one place I haven't been is here. And I think it's time I came back to the forum-equivalent of a good look-in-the-mirror!

As far as my weight goes, I've been eating like garbage, for months. Thankfully, my metabolism seems to have decided it's relatively happy AROUND this weight, so I'm only up to 144.4 lbs. Even so, if I keep eating the way I have been, things are not going to stay like this...

SO, the boy drama.
Last episode, I was starting to date that Beautiful British boy that I met at the pub down in Toronto.
He and I saw each other every weekend for about a month and a half, and it was really great. We got along fabulously, he treated me like gold, and I was completely smitten. Probably a little too smitten. When I asked the age-old "where are we" type question, wondering if there was any step towards bf-gf on the horizon, he gave me the most shockingly non-committal answer in existence. So, I stopped putting the effort in and being the first person to call, or txt, or make plans... and I didn't hear from him for about a month.

Over the month of non-comm, Irish boy and I started talking again.

I don't know how many people have been around long enough to remember my relationship, and relationship-woes with Irish boy, but... Short recap: I lived in Ireland for 5 months, I met a guy there, he came and lived with me for a summer, I spent last Christmas there, we did the long-distance relationship for about a year and a half. Eventually, I broke up with him. He wasn't very affectionate, I never knew how he felt about me, and he wanted me to finish university (with my useless degree) and immediately pick up and move to Ireland, in with him. *I* wanted to go to college for my chosen career field before I moved anywhere. He and I had been a bit rocky anyhow, arguments over his lack of affection for me, arguments about him not being willing to meet me halfway on discussions like... if we stayed together, where would we spend Christmas, etc.
He fell apart, told me he loved me and would move to Canada for me when I ended things, but... I refused him, and cut off communications for about 7 months. That was in March.

Fast-forward to September. He and I start talking casually again. One of his buddies has broken up with his girlfriend of 6-years, and is moving to Toronto for a year on a work visa. And he's talked Irish boy into coming with him. So, Irish boy and I start talking again, and he basically talks me into him coming over from IRELAND for a few days in Toronto, which *I* made him promise was to be just for "fun." He had already given me the impression that he'd love to give things another shot, but he agreed to just a few days of fun.

.... well, it was a little bit too fun. He was like a different person. He totally opened up in ways that he never had before. He was cuddly, and affectionate, sweet, romantic, held my hand, he met a bunch of my friends and got along great with everyone, and damn did I forget how cute he is. Sitting over dinner with him, I just stared at him in awe and thought about how I proud I was that he was "mine" before hastily correcting myself mentally and realizing that he was NOT, in fact, mine.

It wasn't hard to convince me to give things another shot with him. I'm going into it INCREDIBLY skeptically, and VERY tentatively, knowing that *obviously* he was going to be perfect for the 4 days that he was here for... but I think I owe it to him and to my own feelings to see if there's anything there while he's here for a year. This time, I wouldn't be giving anything up to give things a shot with him... And we've had numerous talks about him meeting me half-way, and compromising, and he's done a complete 180.

And for chrissakes, he's so different now. Before, I couldn't tell how he felt about me at all. This time around, he told me when he got home from his trip:

"Ever since you broke up with me, not a single day has passed that I haven't thought about you, missed you, and wanted to have you in my arms. Ever since I went to see you in Toronto, I've never been more convinced that I love you."

So, that's the update. Beautiful British Boy started talking to me again recently, and more or less said that he was sorry he was such a douche for letting things fizzle out the way they did... and how I was "the best person he'd met since he came to Canada," and how he "hadn't been ready for a commitment." To which I very maturely, and level-headedly said, "Don't worry about it, no biggie. You'll find the right girl, at the right time. " and he said, "I did find the right girl.... just at the wrong time. "

...what the **** does THAT mean?

Anyhow.
So now that Irish boy's gone home, he's talking about how I've become his motivation to get more in-shape. Possibly because I weigh about 10-15 less than I did when he last saw me... (another thing I like about Irish boy. He was attracted to me when I was a bit heavier!) And because, he says, he wants to look good, yes for himself, but for me as well. He's been going to the gym non-stop. And I'm starting to feel incredibly lazy, and guilty, and it's making me want to start TRYING again with my weight-loss efforts! Especially because Irish boy already has gorgeously muscly arms with bulging biceps that make me drool. If he gets too much hotter, and I don't feel good about myself, I'll turn into a green-eyed jealous monster with other girls, and I don't like being jealous!

SO. Weight loss. Back on track. Starting today, I'm rocking my calorie-counting all over again. My body will be in shock, methinks! Missed you all! It's good to be home.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #2  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

i remember you honey!!!

i also remember irish boy, i too have recently come back to the fold, finding my feet with food again, ive slipped up a little today, but not drastically!

x
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Jelbb we missed you! That sounds really crazy, in a pretty good way, I hope it works out for you with the Irish boy Is he coming back to toronto eventually? you going there?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

He's moving here for a year in March/April.

I missed you too!!! <3
Old 12-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

thats exciting!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #6  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hey girl!! We were just wondering about you and others in a thread a few weeks ago. Glad to hear things are well.... and boy do I remember Irish boy!!!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Jelbb, you're nothing if not entertaining . And wise, kind and pretty.

Just remember that anyone can change for a few days. Of course, it sounds like you're going to have the opportunity to test that Sounds delightful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelbb View Post
To which I very maturely, and level-headedly said, "Don't worry about it, no biggie. You'll find the right girl, at the right time. " and he said, "I did find the right girl.... just at the wrong time. "

...what the **** does THAT mean?
It means, wow, I thought I could get away with treating you like that. But, I bet if I act nice, I can get a little more before you get mad again.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

Jellb! Welcome back!!! i've been a total slacker too, but am trying to get my a$$ back in gear...

and the boys dramz....always fun to hear about!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Jellb!!!! Is it really you?!?!?!?

Wow! Now that's some boy drama! Glad you're back and boy do you have a straight head on your shoulders. I'm very impressed.

Missed you
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Hi Welcome back!!! I think a lot of of us have fallen off the wagon a bit...I haven't been to the gym in about a month...went to Edmonton...car was in repair shop...yada yada ..excuses excuses.

I remember Irish boy too and when you met the English boy. Gosh you have such luck with the foreign dudes!

Hopefully Irish boy has honestly realized what a great thing he has lost!

Good luck!!!

Last edited by angelanicole23; 12-12-2009 at 10:59 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #11  
sugar is the devil

I remember your British Boy story!

But sounds to me like Irish boy and you will do just fine
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #12  
Queen Yo-yo

Ghost:
I knooow, I'm incredibly pumped and excited! It'll be the first time that we'll be in the same place at the same time for more than just a few months... I feel like it'll be a bit of a different relationship dynamic, not to have the pressure of time on us!

Heather:
Yeah, I just saw that thread... man. Every time I come back, I keep hoping we'll all have heard from Meredith... I dunno.

Julie:
Wise, kind and pretty! Woman, you must have me confused with another!
Hahahahaha, that made me giggle. Yeah, I'm not sure how calculated all of the British boy's comments were, but I told him flat-out that I was giving things a shot with my Irish boy, so. Que sera sera...!

Skinny:
Good, let's both stop slacking now! Time to get motivated!

Jen:
Hey honey!!! I missed you, too! I appreciate the fact that you think I've got my head on straight. I've been slowly breaking the news that I'm giving Irish boy another chance to my girl friends with EXTREME trepidation in case they DON'T think it's on straight... in case they think I'm f*cking nuts, lol. Of course, they saw me at my worst when I was a crying sobbing mess over Irish boy, and didn't hear all that much from me when I was HAPPY, so...

Angela:
Lol, yeah, if I find one more foreign boy, my mother's going to murder me in my bed. She's desperate that I find someone Canadian, who won't ever require me to leave the country, lol. There does seem to be something about me and the accented boys tho, I s'ppose....

And yeah, I truly think that Irish boy may have actually figured out what he'd lost after he lost me. He quoted a song in his MSN after I ended things, and... he's VERY into lyrics, so.. I looked up the song. Oh, holy heartbreaking. Seriously, listen to the lyrics. Eesh.

Sweet:
I certainly hope so. I'll keep ya posted!

Me:
Overnight, dropped from 144.4 down to 142.6... what in the name of.... that's some crazy water weight dropping! I'm saying I'm 143, and I'm still skeptical, lol. But GOOD START!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #13  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Hey Jel welcome back!! Wow you have been busy lol What good timing--this was just the motivation I needed to get off my hungover butt and go to the gym Back on track!
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

The gym is like the best cure for a wild hangover - sweat out the alcohol!

Also, Welcome back you were MISSED, Jelbb!
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #15  
Queen Yo-yo

Forest:
Lmao, hungover, woman it sounds like you've been having just as good a time as me lately. Good to see ya again!

Stella:
Aww, I missed you guys too, honey!
But I definitely can't rock the gym with a hangover, hehehe....