Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 AM   #1  

Height: 5,1"

Default I think I'm depressed :(

I began the Halloween Challenge thread back at the start of October and I was completely on track for losing the 7lbs I was aiming for. But I realised a few days before Halloween that I was severely under-eating. I was probably eating around 700 cals a day AT THE MOST. All my friends were saying I wasn't myself anymore and I was a completely different person than I was 3 or 4 months ago. I used to be the social butterfly. I would go out all the time, have a laugh, I'd always have some story about something exciting that had happened to me. But now I never go out, I have no urge to see people. I have no interest in anything anymore and if I could, I would just lie in bed all day.
So I am going to the doctors this morning. I think I might have depression and this is why my eating was so messed up. I never thought this would happen to me. I'm a bit scared about what the doctor will say...
Cat
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Cat- It's a good thing you are recognizing your behavior now and doing something about it. The weight loss mentality can mess with your mental wiring, in my experience, or it could be unrelated entirely, but either way I bet there's support to be had over in the depression forum here, and I hope you figure it out and start getting better.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #3  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

Hey Cat -- don't be scared about what the doctor will say. The same thing happened to me, and my first reaction was omg, I'm crazy... I also never thought it would happen to me. I started going to a doctor at the beginning of October, and now I'm regularly seeing a psychologist to help me with my problems, and it's working. I feel much better, though I still have a long way to go. Hope everything goes alright, and remember your 3FC family is always here for you!
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote