Old 01-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #16  
I will do this.

Giving up diet coke.

Diet coke was such a trigger for me and I didn't even realize it. So, I drink a lot of water now.

And not going out to eat (besides subway)

I eat 1,700-1,900 and you can eat so much with that if you play it right!! You can eat that in an entire meal or you can eat literally alll day.

NOT LETTING MYSELF BECOME HUNGRY

Working out 4+ times a week

Keeping busy

And last but not least

This website. Totally and completely. I owe a lot of my success to 3FC.

Last edited by Taylor86; 01-21-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Never EVER give up. If you eat bad at one meal, don't eat bad for the rest of the day, or the rest of the week. Get right back on track, assess the damage and move forward.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #18  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

*Realizing that I NEED exercise MOST days
*Not allowing trigger foods into my home
*Not wandering around outside with an empty stomach This just means that I eat before leaving for a night out on the town
*Researching restaurant menus in order to have an idea of what I should order
*Knowing what I'm going to eat for every meal throughout the week and shopping accordingly
*Weighing myself everyday because it's really easy to "forget" that number as I'm going for another cookie...
*Understanding that there are about a billion reasons as to why weight stalls and that if I am patient it will work itself out.... and I can't give up in the meantime!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I believe I just broke through a plateau, but I shall wait till next week to be sure the numbers are indeed heading down. I think what did it was being a lot stricter with my calories (ww points). Like I would think things like well one or two more points can't possibly hurt... every day! They do!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #20  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

-Buying only foods compatible with my diet (Fat Smash Diet, which I would recommend to ANYONE) and learning how to cook and SEASON food I never ate before correctly so I don't get discouraged about eating it
-Exercising for an hour as many days I can out of the week (cardio and weights)
-Eating at least 4-5 times a day - never feel hungry
-Pushing myself as hard as I can
-Don't eat within about 3 hours of going to bed
-Get sleep!!
MaryEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #21  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah! This site REALLY helps.

I usually analyze a restaurant's menu before I go there.

Instead of missing out on a pizza night, I'll buy healthy pizzas (right now I get Earth Pride's Organic) and have a pizza night once a week. Half a pizza is only 300 calories and yummy! Plus you save a lot of money and calories not buying from a pizza shop.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, I simply cut my calories, no real exercise plan. I average 1500 calories a day.

Five months, 65 pounds. I'm happy with the results.
My most recent plateau- I was able to get over it by lowing my calories (I'll most likely up them again later) and adding in Alli.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #23  
eliz

S/C/G: 280/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Default what helps

i will try not to repeat too many of the things that others have said.... here are some of the things that have helped me:

- no food after 8pm. period. no matter what. after 8pm, i only allow myself to drink hot tea -- or water -- (yogi tea is my favorite - love their bedtime tea! i also love to read the nice little thoughts on the tag for each tea bag). i aim for 7pm as the cutoff but most days that doesn't happen.

- tofutti chocolate popsicles - they are 30 calories each, no dairy (vegan), sweetened with nutrasweet -- saves me when i'm craving sweets. even if i eat two, i'm still not sabatoging my diet. they are really good!

- meditation. it really helps and i should do it every day. 10 mins each morning and evening too if you have time.

- grapefruit in the fridge. i love grapefruit and it is a good snack when i feel like eating even though i should not be hungry, sometimes i eat a grapefruit and drink the juice and feel satisfied. if i was ever desperately hungry after 8pm, i would eat this as a rare exception.

- drinking hot tea - again - when you feel hungry anytime during the day but don't think you should be eating, drink some hot tea. it takes a while to finish the cup of tea and by then you've had time to think if you are really hungry or not and can make a better decision. i like constant comment green tea, and chai green tea for daytime. peppermint tea is supposed to help suppress appetite and i drink it a lot, too. i always use 2 teabags for more flavor in my tea.

- accountability. some regular weigh in that you do, in front of someone else. be it a doctor, a friend, whatever. very important! if you know you have that weigh-in coming up you want to work harder so you do well.

- sticking to exercise no matter what you feel like - don't let yourself talk yourself out of it. ever. when i am in that mindset, i do well. also - don't take a day off. ever. if you need to rest your body after a particularly hard workout the day before, at least do a non-strenuous exercise like a leisurely stroll for 20 mins. do SOMETHING because if you skip a day, it's waaaay too easy to skip the next, and the next, and then getting back on track is much harder. to sum up, always have an easy workout backup plan for days when you just don't have it in you to do a tough workout.

- for me in particular - don't visit my family! every time i visit my family i screw up my plan, i either don't exercise as much or i eat too much, and i have to work on that. but when i do visit my family, i am sure to bring my own food with me, including salad supplies and fat free dressing. so i won't be as likely to mess up.

- be a homebody. ok so this is maybe not practical for most people, but when i don't go out to eat, or to bars, or to parties, or travel, and i spend a lot of time at home, i do REALLY well with my diet and exercise. no outside influences to tempt me. i lean towards hermit-like tendencies so i actually don't mind being a homebody, but i realize it isn't practical for most people.

- bring your lunch to work. i take stuff to make a salad and put it together at my desk and bring light/fat free salad dressings. my favorite right now is kraft light balsamic vinagrette. another good choice is the wal-mart brand italian -it's very strong though but only 10 calories per serving and fat free. i have tried many fat free / low fat dressings and i have a few standbys that i always keep on hand.

ok i could go on.... but i won't.... those are the ones that help me most, and writing this has reminded me of a few things that i need to start incorporating again into my daily life in order to jump start my weight loss.
my time is now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #24  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Okay, I broke my plateau... I could gain it back tomorrow but I'd still be happy because even a dip down for the day means that I'm no longer just ping-ponging between 160-158.

These last few days, I eased up on exercise, doing 50/55 minutes instead of 60-80 mins, and yesterday I DIDN'T EXERCISE! I had worked out for almost 3 weeks straight.. I was busy running around my house but no real exercise. I ate 1375 calories and for the past few days I've been trying to keep my net calories up higher. And it worked.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #25  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Congrats, Joyra!

I lost weight by eating healthy, drinking more water, and working out. I worked out like at least 6 hours per week. Now.. I just got back on the wagon and trying to break the plateau and get under the 170's..so we will see how that goes.

By the way, I noticed that you are in S. Korea. Whereabout in South Korea are you?
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #26  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

journalling all my food. weighting and measuring it too.

exercising every day/drinking a lot of water

fiber rich food. lots of veggies and fruit. whole grains

Last edited by valpal23; 01-22-2009 at 11:36 PM.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #27  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

well for starters I've had many diets 'work' temporarily. I have decided on no more 'fad' diets. I am just eating more healthy and watching my cal intake. I track on www.thedailyplate.com, have real life diet buddies who keep me on track, TRY and remember to drink lots of water (I am on a med that causes decreased thirst! augh!), the calorie counting thing really is key. it's simple math basically and most times it works as it should.

THe most important thing to me, is eating enough. You eat enough, you wont' binge, you eat enough, you wont' feel deprived and give in, you eat enough, you keep your metabolism up, you have somewhere to "go" once you stall. (if you are eating 1500 cals a day and you stall just drop down to 1400 and see if that picks up the loss for you.) but if you start out at 1200 you can't go any lower (safely) and you stay stuck (like my friend who is doing exactly that and experiencing exactly that.)

Above all else make healthy choices eating in and out and treat yourself sometimes or else you'll seriously crack. ha.

Good luck.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #28  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Also if you are REALLY curious about this.....? Check out the maintainers forum.

Crash their party!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:46 PM   #29  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

knowing what im eating BEFORE i eat it, ie looking up things before i go out to eat them, not buying and eating things on a whim- planning, generally. Not drinking calories. Never giving up! And when all else failed- posting on 3FC. People on here seriously know the answer to everything
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #30  
Magic Girdle Not Included

S/C/G: 180/ticker/127

Height: 5'5"

Identifying my bad trigger foods and getting used to them being in my life only on my birthday. Harsh, but it's what I need.

Always trying out lots of new on-plan recipes so I don't get bored with my food choices.

Exercising every other day and taking really good care of my body afterwards (sauna, shower, any necessary grooming, good smelling perfume, delicious post-workout snack).

Weighing myself every day, but only recording/counting one day a week.
Hippolyta is offline   Reply With Quote