Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #1  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Default I need some advice *basically weight related*

Another winge from yours truely....

So I have been talking to this guy that I've met online for quite a while now. He is incredibly sweet and I really like him. He keeps suggesting we meet up. I told him I wasn't quite ready and he was sweet as always and said there was no rush but he was excited to see me. He's really great and this could go somewhere.
Ok here's the thing. I want to meet up with him. I'm just terrified he'll not find me attractive because i'm fat. I know I know if he doesn't like me because I'm fat then he isn't someone I should be with but I really like this guy. Should I tell him to avoid being hurt in person. i'm afraid he'll hurt me. I'm trying to protect myself as much as I can. I can't seem to think this through logically. What do you think?
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Obviously he already likes you for you!

That being said I am sure that meeting someone like that could be terrifying. Have you shared pictures, or talked about what you look like? It might make you feel more comfortable if he's already seen you.

If you have exchanged pictures and he wants to meet up then go for it. like people say better to regret the things you have done than the things you haven't!!

I just looked at your profile, you are beautiful!!! you have nothing to worry about, GO FOR IT!!!

Last edited by ella13; 01-18-2009 at 07:42 PM.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

thats very sweet of you! I don't like that picture very much!
I know he like me. He says I'm hot and stuff but he's only seen my face, thats the bit that worries me.
Maddie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #4  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I have had the same fears, because I've done the meeting people online thing. I have pictures of me, full pictures of me (obviously the most flattering). And I can honestly say none of them were surprised that I was as big as I was, or looked the way I did.

If he hasn't seen pictures of you, I can understand where you might be coming from. If he really likes you and is excited to meet you, maybe talking to him about it would be your best bet, because then he'll know. If he ends up blocking you or something ridiculous like that, at least you wouldn't have had to see him face to face, and you can always just pretend that he was probably some 14 yr old kid who's just being a dick.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Men think our bodies are WAY hotter then we do. Most of time they are thanking god we are with them. They care about weight so much less than we do.

But I agree with beautiful ace, if you are worried about it either tell him or send him a full body pic and see what happens.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #6  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

She has a point you know. With all the rolls and stretch marks I have, I'm surprised from time to time that men can still think I'm sexy:P But they do!!! Of course we can't win em all, everybody has preferences! If it doesn't work out, just remind yourself that it probably just wasn't meant to be, and that somebody has better plans for you. Even the pretty girl by the water had to kiss a bunch of toads before she found her prince.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I saw your picture and agree you are a beauty. I would say go ahead and meet him. If he thinks you are too fat for him, forget about him, a man like that doesn't deserve you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #8  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

I totally agree... I was kinda scared meeting my current boyfriend (of one year I might add!) from online because I felt overweight and at the time not as attractive as other girls my age. We had never exchanged pictures as he said he wanted to know me for me and not for what I looked like... I was a nervous wreck cause when I met him he was smokin hot lol to say the least and I thought he would run from me... absolute opposite! He has never once made a comment about my weight and loves me no matter what I look like so I guess I really worried for nothing. Its really whats on the inside that makes you sexy hun... theres nothing appealing about the skinny chick with no personality, and he obviously loves you for you! I say give it a shot and if your uncomfortable bring it up ahead of time and if he runs away then it proves that hes not worth it. Hope it all works out for you hun KUP!
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I think confidence (even the faked kind--lol) and personality are what make you sexy. I was sexy at my HW and I'm still sexy! ella13 is right, Men don't look at our bodies the way we do. Most of them don't see what we think of as flaws. There are a few duds out there who are only into so-called perfection, but those aren't what I'd call "keepers." I say, go for it! If he's a guy to hang onto, it'll be a non-issue.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

I would send him a few body shot pictures. If he's not interested for whatever reason, you don't have to waste any of YOUR precious time meeting him.

There's nothing to fear if you are 100% honest.

~CGH~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #11  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

me personally in the past i've hinted around about see how he feels bout overweight and then go from there. or i would tell him up front that ur have some weight issues and that ur working on that. show him pics of urself full body and if he doesn't want to pursue it. then let him go.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 PM   #12  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

anytime you meet someone you met online you have to be prepared that they may not like you....or, you may not like them!! i know you are concerned about your weight what really, anything could be an issue. it's hard to really know someone before you meet them. just focus on being yourself and see where it goes. don't get your hopes up that anything is going to come out of it. you could end up thinking he's totally not for you.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

If you really want to me him (and it sounds like you do!) you should just be honest. "Listen, I want to meet you, but I also feel like I should let you know..." and just tell him (in whatever way you like) that you're not thin. Are you honestly working towards a healthier you? Let him know that too.

also: send full body pics if you want.

If you don't tell him before you meet, he might feel like (once he meets you) that he was lied to. That won't start things out on a good note.

If he doesn't want to meet you after you're honest with him, that's his choice. Tough to hear, but it is a possibility.

(But think how awesome it'll be if you're honest and he still wants to meet? Then you don't have to worry about if he will still like you when he meets you since he has only seen your face)

Good luck!
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #14  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirgirlhotel View Post
I would send him a few body shot pictures. If he's not interested for whatever reason, you don't have to waste any of YOUR precious time meeting him.

There's nothing to fear if you are 100% honest.

~CGH~
I LOVE your avatar! It's adorable! also I am a huge tori fan

Last edited by lottie63; 01-19-2009 at 02:11 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #15  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I agree, send him full body shots first, just so you can make sure you're not wasting your time. But quite frankly, if he doesn't go for you because of that, he may need to get his eyesight checked, because you are seriously gorgeous.

Last edited by just keep swimming; 01-19-2009 at 01:09 PM.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote