Old 11-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Default Best and worst.

what are some of the best comments you've had since starting your weightloss journey?

And what are the not so good/hurtful ones you've had??

For me the best was : "im so proud of you"

the bad was " Have you lost weight?? Did you stop eating so much?"
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #2  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Best one was today: I met someone (not a close friend but we get along quite well) in the city today, and she said: "Did you lose some weight? It really shows, you look great!" I also got similar ones from my family.

Worst one is from my mother. She said: "Wow, you're starting to get pretty now!" When I tried to kindly explain to her that she just implied I was ugly before I lost weight she didn't really understand, so I dropped the issue.
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Best: You are beautiful! (from my best friend. Unprovoked and completely selfless)

Worst: ....... (I try to forget them as soon as I hear them. Now they're so blocked out that I can't remember them worth a darn. But i know one came from my not-so-dear aunt, and another came from a bitter old woman from work)
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #4  

I dont think they know how much it hurts to hear bad comments like that
Old 11-15-2008, 01:55 PM   #5  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

my worst (and i've heard it several times) Just think how beautiful you will be if you lose weight, then guys will want you.

WHAT? I felt like telling me dad and aunts that guys were attracted to me. But they're lebanese and I'm supposed to be a virgin and an angel.. or w.e .

And I guess the best would be I'm proud of you for doing something about it (since it doesn't really show yet)

Last edited by Beautiful Ace; 11-15-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #6  

i know what you mean Ace my parents are Palestinian.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #7  

I think the greatest compliment for me is "You're beautiful." I also got called "skinny mini" this weekend from a friend I hadn't seen in a while. That secretly made me feel good!

Also, I spent this summer at home for the first time in a year or two, and I ran into some old friends/acquaintances. The first thing they'd ALWAYS say is, "Courtney! OH MY GOSH HAVE YOU LOST WEIGHT?? You look so good! Oh, and I've missed you!" Haha...I didn't realize what a big difference it was and how noticeable it is...

The worst? My mom...she would always be like, "I wouldn't wear that if I were you...you can see your rolls." She'd always comment my clothes or jeans if I had muffin top. She was my worst critic I think...
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #8  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
i know what you mean Ace my parents are Palestinian.
When you're too skinny they stuff your mouth with food, and when you're not too skinny they want you to lose weight... in my family anyways! haha
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #9  
Mentally ready

Courtney, I feel your pain. My mom and aunt (i live with them both) ALWAYS always criticize what I wear. I remember one day I felt really good about what I was wearing, i thought it looked really nice! And my aunt goes, "You're wearing that? I can see your fat" LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW MY FAT SHOWS? It's not like I can take it off and leave it in my room for the night. urgh, some people just don't understand.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Ace View Post
When you're too skinny they stuff your mouth with food, and when you're not too skinny they want you to lose weight... in my family anyways! haha
Exactly!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Best: From my old roommate.. "you've lost weight haven't you.. I can tell in your face and you look really good" I think she knew how to say it because she recently lost almost 30 pounds.

Worst: "you're always at the gym.. have you even lost any weight?" another friend, who has never been fat a day in her life. hello almost 20 pounds if you weren't so busy staring at your own body all the time maybe you'd notice the other people in your life.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 03:29 PM   #12  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
now that I think about it........nobody as ever mentioned if I lost weight I'd be beautiful or anything about me being beautiful ever......maybe that initself is a bad thing!
If I knew what you looked like I would tell you that you're beautiful
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I think the best and worst thing combined is my best friend got into the habit of saying "hey skinny bi#%^" EVERY time she seen me..yes it's great to be acknowledged as skinny but it kinda got old REALLY fast...

Another weird comment I got was from a father of a child at work..I hadn't seen him in months and he asked if I was losing the weight "intentionally" which made me wonder if i looked ill :-(.... He has commented several times and said "you look great now so don't lose any more" I said to myself, "your WIFE is tall and like a string bean" WTF???

A coworker of mine who is about 150 and always on these fad diets...said to me when i was 170 that I looked great and shouldn't lose much more...I put her in her place by telling her that anyone who says that is jealous i'll be skinnier than them and 170 is STILL overweight....she hasn't said it since :P
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #14  
Mentally ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
That's it.....I'm moving to Ontario!!!! thank you new friend of mine.
ANYTIME ahaha
Old 11-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

At work, I spend all my meals with my co-workers, and some of them say things like, "Ugh. If I had to eat like you, I'd rather be fat." Heaven forfend, I eat green veggies, lean meats and cheeses and whole grains. Most of them order out or buy food at the cafeteria, which is always fries, burgers, pizza and subs.

Best thing, My boyfriend always ALWAYS tells me, (we workout together and I train him) "Jeeze, you are so athletic! How many girls out there can say they can kick a mountie's ***?" I made him tap out ONCE when we were sparring/jiu jitsu. It makes me feel really good though!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote