Old 10-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #31  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

after breakfast i did my 50 minute work out....
took my brother to work....
and came home to do a 20km ride on the bike....
it estimated a 500 calorie burn....

for lunch i have just eaten....
cabbage, runner beans, piece of pork and gravy (est 313 calories)....
and for pudding blackberry & apple crumble, home made (est 243 calories)....
so that puts me on 713 calories for the day so far....

since lunch i have completed my 20 minute workout of turbo jam....
and will proceed to complete another bike ride later on in the day, same duration as before....

i will update with evening calories later on in the day....
apologies, its just my way of keeping accountable at this moment in time....

on a side note i have purchased a dress online....
one for the dinner dance in November where i want to wow so many people....
it is a halterneck rar rar type dress....
hopefully it will fit....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:52 AM   #32  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

@sh3l5: congratulation on purchase a dress. It will wow lots of people, i'm sure ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

sh315-

I have been holding off commenting for a little while. i think that it is a very good idea that you are today checking how many calories you have been consuming daily to make sure first of all that it is enough to live on and also to see it it is a lifestyle you can keep up with (including the amount of exercise)!

I know that some people lose weight faster than others, and we have been psedu-buddies since we ha similar goals. I don't think your goal weight is too low but perhaps the rapid loss is what is of concern to some people. Take a couple days to reflect of what you're going on your plan.

PS- from your progress pick I think you look great and I think you dont need to loose anymore. Do weight resistance now and I think you'll see the results you want in regards to toning.

Last edited by i am still trying; 10-05-2008 at 09:11 AM.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #34  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone.

So, dinner out last night was rough - Indian food! I completely stuffed myself, blah!

But, I'm back on track today. Had my morning smoothie, planning a turkey sandwich and some veggies for lunch.

I weighed this morning and found that I am a few pounds over my ticker weight... Not surprising since I was sick all last week, ate horribly, and didn't work out, but it makes me feel kinda bad. Hopefully it will come off relatively quickly!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #35  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

i finished off the day with a yoghurt and a gala apple for tea (175 calories)....
so that makes me 888 calories for the day....
that does REALLY suprise me considering i eat most on Sundays!!....
i just havent been hungry after my roast lunch and cant force myself to eat when not hungry....
maybe i shud be introducing more food into my diet....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #36  
I will do this.

Only 888 calories for the day after working out and burning 500? That really worries me.. a lot. I am concerned for you, sh3l5...you aren't eating enough. And did to you work out 4 times today????

Last edited by Taylor86; 10-05-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Being at home isn't my downfall. It's going out! Drinks and appetizers!

Last night I had a Carona and pineapple juice with rum. I just hate that when I go out I'm still thinking about calories in my head. It's hard being the girl focused on calorie intake on party night.

On nights in, I've made a really good version of spinach dip. I just mix up fat free sour cream, fat free mozerella, and a box of frozen spinach. My friends can't tell the difference, and I don't feel as bad about eating it.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #38  
Yarp.

Quote:
maybe i shud be introducing more food into my diet....
Absolutely. You should be eating a MINIMUM of 1200 calories a day. Given the amount of exercise you're getting, you should probably eat even more than that.

You might not be hungry because your body has gotten used to living on so little food. Our tummies shrink when we eat small amounts. Or you may be so used to feeling hungry that you don't even notice the physical signs anymore.

Do you think you could try slowly increasing your food intake? Maybe this week, try to eat 150 calories more everyday? The next week, add another 100 - an so on, until you're eating at least 1200 a day?

I'm also really worried about you. If you can't get yourself to eat more, I really think you should talk with someone - a doctor, a therapist, a nutritionist - who could help you work out a healthy eating plan.

You're also exercising an awful lot - with so little food and so much activity, you may be doing serious harm to your body. Please, please, please be careful.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:39 PM   #39  
Yarp.

Quote:
On nights in, I've made a really good version of spinach dip. I just mix up fat free sour cream, fat free mozerella, and a box of frozen spinach.
Oooo, spinach dip. That actually sounds really good. I might give that one a try.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:48 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It's funny, the thing that usually messes up my weekend is beer! I don't really drink very much, but I'm so used to figuring out my calories during the day, that when people come over at night, two or three beers will totally change how my day went.

All I can say is, thank god for MGD 64! I feel bad not having one if people are over, though I probably shouldn't.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsusMaritimus View Post
Oooo, spinach dip. That actually sounds really good. I might give that one a try.
Try this:
- equal parts Fat free sour cream and FF plain yogurt
-one package frozen spinach thawed
-one package knorr onion&spincach soup mix(dry soup mix)

You have to mix it together and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour for the mix to get soft
SOOOOO yummy and pretty good for you too!
Today has been OK food wise. I bought some lentil and bean veggie burgers. They are like grain burgers, not bad.

Start at my new school tomorrow and I am a bit worried about how my routine with food and exercose may suffer in the first few weeks. I will try to eat as clean as possible and I bought the 30 day Shred DVD so at lease I know I can get that in (20 mins/day) and take the dog for walks if I dont get to the gym these next few days...
Old 10-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

I might have to get some of that MGD 64!

I know what you mean about feeling bad not having a drink. It's not like we're alcoholics, but I don't always want to seem obsessed with dieting. Just like how I hate being the one ordering super healthy food. It tastes just as good, but I feel like my friends are looking at me thinking "here she goes again..."
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Bodies are such weird things!

Last night I had my first real "binge" since I started this "new lifestyle" in August.

I went out with friends to dinner and made good choices there... but then we left and passed this new cookie bakery. The owner was sitting outside and invited us in, giving us each a free small cookie. (Peanut Butter cookie with White Chocolate Chips and Heath pieces).

THEN we got to my friend's place where he actually had already made DESSERT... a spice cake with CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (Frosting is my weakness). I've had cake and fit it into my plan before, but I just went WILD on the extra frosting. I was addicted!

When I woke up this morning, I figured I'd weigh to measure the disaster. I was down to 164.5! What??! That's about a pound lower than I've ever seen on the scale! I expect it is some strange fluctuation and that I'll see some consequences of this sugar indulgence during the week but it's just so ODD!
quiddkidd06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #44  

weird, i know but that always happens to me too when i over indulge.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #45  
I will do this.

I drink of choice when I go out is diet coke and bacardi. 65 calories per drink and 3 of those and you don't want 4. I always have to make sure I eat something before I go out or I end up sitting next to the chip or whatever and eating the whole damn thing.

This weekend has been up and down for me. I have improved a little since I completely jumped ship - but not back to where I was doing really well. I was eating only 1,300 and for my frame and activity I know that's what was making me binge. I am going to up my calories to 1,500 -1,600 and even through it might take longer to loose the weight - at least it's better than starving than bingeing.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote