Old 11-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #16  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

For me, a lot of different foods can be truigger foods, and because I don't live alone I don't really have the option to not have them in the house since a lot of them are healthy and I don't want to deprive my family. When I'm on plan, I can deal with anything - for example, I haven't touched one piece of my son's Halloween candy. when I'm off plan, ugh!

Trail mix is a big one for me. When my officemate became pregnant with twins, she was advised to gain some extra weight since she was so thin. Her husband kept buying her trail mix to keep in the office. I gained 5 lbs!

I do control my office snacks, and have to watch things like dried fruit, granola bars, and cereal, so I usually just bring in a portion for that day.

You WILL get pas this - keep posting!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/186/149 (mini: 179)

Height: 5'5

I don't put anything on an off-limits list, because that's my trigger. If there's something I know I can't have, I'll want it until I get it. It makes it much worse on me to stay away from it, so I just make another decision. I'll either demand of myself that I don't overeat it, or I make a healthier version of it.

I can relate to the trail mix, because I have a problem with overeating nut mixes - like cashews and dried cherries...yummm. So with something like that, as soon as I bring it home from the store, I portion it out in snack baggies. I never feel tempted to eat more than 1 baggie, because whereas having another handful from the big bag seems harmless, eating 2 portioned baggies seems ridiculous to me.

Everyone's different - but I find that my mind responds much more positively to healthy limits versus strict no-contact rules.
angee phalangee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #18  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Height: 5'7"

My trigger foods are anything that's fast food, or "quick food" (stove top stuff mostly like hamburger helper, mac and cheese, or that good suddenly salad stuff). I just have to stay away from them altogether. I've gone without fast food for like 5 months - the idea of eating it repulsed me - but then the other day the BF and I were in a hurry and stopped at taco bell...let's just say I've consumed enough taco bell in the last week to do me for a lifetime.
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote