Old 08-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 336.4/336.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default falling out of love with food..

well anyway.... i stick to low carb most of the time. but every two weeks or so i have a 'carb up' day. i don't eat fast food or anything like that anymore (the idea of it makes me want to gag).. but i'll usually throw in a baked potato.. or pasta.. whatever. today i picked macaroni and cheese. so anyway, i made it for lunch.. and i used to be a bottomless pit where macncheese was concerned but today i ate less than a cup and i was full. like literally stuffed. i actually ended up giving the rest to my dogs (two labs haha who looooove to eat). and then i started thinking about it. i literally have stopped looking at food as a treat. even when i'm eating on plan, i enjoy the food i'm eating but i don't overeat and i only eat when i'm hungry. i don't think about it anymore. and half the time i have to remind myself to eat. i think i can safely say my emotional attachment to food is gone. it was so weird to be full that fast. i didnt think 'i should really pig out since it's gonna be another two weeks before i can have it'.. i thought 'that was good, i'm full.' the end.

its definitely a wonderful feeling. haha i feel like i broke up with food quite some time ago.. but finally the baggage is disappearing too.
HardCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

That's so cool, Hardcandy! How long have you been dieting? I still crave all my favorite foods, but just replace them with their lower calorie counterparts.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I feel the exact same way- food was what my life revolved around. Now, it's different..going out to eat is something I avoid, for budget and caloric reasons. I'm thrilled to eat at home and I eat when it's necessary and I get joy out of turning down stuff I know I don't need. Sure, I have days where I'm weak, but 9 times out of 10, I'm completely on plan, and that's surely a satisfying feeling!!
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

That's amazing hopefully i can say the same one day lol i am just starting out
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #5  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCandy View Post
i feel like i broke up with food quite some time ago.. but finally the baggage is disappearing too.
I absolutely LOVE that! So well put.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 336.4/336.4/145

Height: 5'7

thanks to everyone for the replies this forum is the best i've found. and good luck to each of you on your journeys!
HardCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #7  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I felt that way during the first month of my diet, but now the cravings have returned! We broke up, and then we reconciled. We need to break up again before I gain this weight back!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote