S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

hahaha, yeah, sorry. If ya can't tell, ignorance makes me the tiniest bit mad
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Not to get off topic, but I've always wanted to ask other fat chicks this...have you ever had a feeling a guy was afraid to look you in the eye because he thought that would be showing interest? The preppy boys with shaggy hair always seemed uncomfortable around me like "Oh no, I better not look at her I don't want her to fall in love with me!"
Yes! I think that sometimes even in totally boring situations, like people asking about homework and so on, like they are avoiding eye contact or something stupid like that. It really irritates me, like if a guy acknowledges my presence I'm going to chase him around like a sad puppy dog. I may be single, but I'm not THAT desparate, lol. ^_^

Quote:
They either think that or "Oh no... she's fat. I think that's contagious. To be safe I won't even acknowledge her existence." First of all.. they're never really that cute, plus they end up being conceited. Gross. I always wanted to say "Don't worry, sweetheart. I don't think you're attractive, either. Plus you bore me."
Ha. Well-said.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I don't know what you guys are talking about! All th guys I meet at uni are wicked!

The girls however....I think sometimes people misjudge others and assume they are concieted and b*itches simply because they are slim and beautiful?

Theres this one girl who is sooo gorgeous and always has wicked clothes in my journo class - and the other day I told her I loved her coat. And now we talk all the time!

Sometimes I think that its all in your head...I think that people look at me and think that Im just that chubby girl. But I'm not! and i know it doesnt even cross their mind!

I used to be embarassed to eat in front of people, now I tell people that I eat chocolate everyday (I do - even whilst trying to lose weight. I beleive you shouldnt give up things to lose weight you wodulnt be willing to give up forever, and i NEED my chocolate!).

Try talking to people! You may be surprised! I smile at guys from my classes, I talk to them, theres one GORGEOUS guy who always talks to me, and he seemed interested in talking! Its really good, Im not interested - but I know I woudlnt even get to meet these awesome awesome people if I didnt just step out of my comfort zone!
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Well yeah I've met lots of nice guys at college too, different kinds of people that I'd never find at my high school. I never really had "boy friends" before college, because high school guys were all alike where I went.

And I've always heard the "It's all in your head, get out there and talk to people!" thing...but...I'm like 100% sure that it isn't always the case. Some people, no matter how you approach them, will simply be uncomfortable with the fact that you're fat. Especially when you're way up there, past 250 lbs.

Those people exist but should we let them bother us? No! Because the way I see it I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who would dislike a person simply because they're fat.

And unfortunately I've known a lot of guys who treat only the most perfect women with any ounce of respect. They value women as sex objects and therefore you're worthless if you're not "hot." I think some of the guys that ignore eye contact with me may be like that. I'm not a dude and you don't wanna sex me up, so why bother treating me like a decent human being right???

So sometimes I'm glad I'm fat...kinda filters out the bad people quickly.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #35  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBlossom View Post
And I've always heard the "It's all in your head, get out there and talk to people!" thing...but...I'm like 100% sure that it isn't always the case. Some people, no matter how you approach them, will simply be uncomfortable with the fact that you're fat. Especially when you're way up there, past 250 lbs.

Those people exist but should we let them bother us? No! Because the way I see it I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who would dislike a person simply because they're fat.
Definitely agree.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:46 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBlossom View Post

I gained a lot of weight fast due to medications, and I gained it faster than I could have possibly changed the way I relate to other people. And I definitely noticed that I was treated differently after gaining the weight, so I don't believe at all that it's all in my head (or anyone else's). People DO judge based on appearance.

As for women saying that all skinny/pretty women are b*tches, I don't think it's that, I think it's just some who are and act like it all the time. Certainly I've met friendly people of all sizes, but some people really do go out of their way to make fun of "fatties" and so on.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #37  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

I know once I'm skinny/pretty that I'm not going to be a *****. And yeah, they're not all like that. I work with a bunch of GORGEOUS girls that could seem that way at first glance, but they're the nicest group of girls and I love them to death.

So, I guess there's a bit of judgement from both sides. Skinny people think fat people are desperate and fat people think skinny people are *****es/*******s. Isn't life grand? lol

And about the stairs, OMG I thought I was the only one! Even after working out for two weeks, I STILL get tired from walking up the steps. I feel like such a dork for being like, "Oh, man walking those steps was so hard!"
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:05 AM   #38  

I actually have a friend who is totally cool except for his attitude on women that he is willing to sleep with. He got into this big stupid drama basically based on the fact that in that aspect, he's a pig.

I told him, "It's stories like yours that make me glad that dudes like you aren't interested in girls like me."

He asked what the heck that was supposed to mean, and I told him straight up that he's a superficial jerk with superficial relationships. Haha, we got into a fight about that, but since then we've made up and he's actually been less of a jerk.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes, people don't even realize that they are being that much of an a$$hole. All the stuff I said to him really did come as a surprise, and while he didn't want to face the music at first, he eventually looked at himself objectively and found that maybe I really had something in my point.

...I hope that came out okay... haha.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:55 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

When I went to college there were lots of really slim girls there, and no boys except the geeks looked at me. Well fastforward some years and I'm going out with a "geek" who is just lovely, he only knows about computers more than is healthy Slim people are just human too, so I wouldn't worry about their size, skinniness doesn't give you superpowers and a skin of steel...
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote