Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

Many sites have the nutrition facts for Chipotle...like calorielab. I still will go get a burrito bowl (no tortilla) with black beans, rice and barbacoa because barbacoa is the only thing i can't make myself. I mix it with my own rice and black beans and then split it all up into portions that are much better calorie wise. I know it sounds silly but I love barbacoa and I look at it as my treat. )
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

me_amarie -- IS THAT FOR REAL?!?!?!?!?!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I can understand quite a few of them, but I never thought they were that many calories. I'm disgusted by it. I've had the chipotle crispers from chili's! I NEVER thought that they were going to be that many calories, that's ridiculous. By like many of you I am more frustrated by the turkey burger. I ate the mini turkey burgers for dinner one time when I couldn't eat fat due to my gallbladder....who knew that they had crazy amount of calories! I can't believe that these places do this without saying 'hey this food has this many calories' I would like to know up front. Maybe thats just me
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #19  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlysRage View Post
This scared me soo much. My husband and I used to frequent many of those restaurants and ATE those VERY THINGS LISTED. None of this "I have no idea how I got this fat" business from me...I got what I had coming!
Well said!

WOW! OMG! CRAZY! all those things come to mind at looking at the list! This is such a reality check, because I eat out ALL THE TIME---not those places, but I am sure the calories are not far off.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM   #20  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsnsmarts View Post
me_amarie -- IS THAT FOR REAL?!?!?!?!?!
Not sure which part you mean... the applebees thing is just MHO, and frankly may just be a reflection on my local restaurant's staff.

The muffin thing, though - absolutely. Try weighing stuff on a scale for a while to see. Some things are pretty close - others, not even. I bought a container of prepared soup at Safeway the other day (their deli selcts, or whatever) and weighed it (net of container). It weighed 20% than the label would suggest. So, instead of 3 servings, it really had almost 4. Which is fine, as long as I know about it and can adjust my counts.

Sorry if that's depressing... but knowlege is power!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #21  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not a 20 something but I had to add some input. I like Chipotle and I go there often. I think they are actually one of the best restaurants to eat out at. You can pick your food and can give direction to those that are making it.

One of the best websites to use is a calorie builder website someone made

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php...ion_calculator

I usually get a Salad(Bol minus rice is cheaper) and it comes out to less than 400 calories for a pretty filling lunch. I don't like being surprised when I eat out so it is a useful tool to use.

Also, I'm not surprised by any of those on the website. Especially On the Border, their food sucks. I don't know how anybody could eat it.

Last edited by nelie; 02-22-2008 at 12:26 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote