Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

Default Girl Scout Cookies

Darn these Girl Scout Thin Mints!!! I haven't really been snacking unless it's a salad or non-fat yogurt...but for the times you just want that cookie or sweet (like these yummy but terrible Thin Mints), what do you all eat?? (I successfully avoided the word y'all there...though I was tempted. )
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #2  

Just curious, how many calories are in 2 cookies? Could you have them as a dessert?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #3  

2 cookies are 80 cals. I'm on a 1200/1500 cal diet that I've been doing GREAT with until these devilish things. I eat two and then I eat two more and I put them away and then walk in the kitchen and convince myself that I can just have a few more. Ha-ha. It's the only thing that has tempted me to be bad! Cute that you are cookie monster and I'm complaining about my love of cookies to you!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Oh man, those things are so tastey. It's nearly impossible to have one and not want another. I was pretty proud of myself though, when they were selling them here at work, I walked past the little sheet where you put what you want. That wasn't easy....it sort of helped though when I did look at the sheet, they had the nut. information listed... Some of those cookies are really, really bad!
mxgirl737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:42 PM   #5  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

I have ordered 4 boxes and i have no idea how many my husband ordered. Ugh. At least they aren't in yet. Hopefully my husband will keep his at work, and i will freeze the 2 boxes of Thin Mints i got to eat later. Now... i dont know about the other two i got.... maybe i'll share them at work.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #6  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

My daughter is in Girl Scouts, so of course I ordered cookies....the Caramel Delites are the ones calling me LOL! I eat 'em though, and just figure them into my calories. I am keeping it to a strict limit of 2 per day....well, trying to.

Honestly, I can't wait until they are GONE lol.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #7  

Yeah, I had ignored the sign up sheet but the day it was being taken out of the office, I told the person selling them that I wanted two Thin Mint boxes. It just came out! It was not me! I swear! Ha-ha. I left the other box at work and keep thinking I will just put it in the kitchen but deep down I know I really want it. I'm terrible, I know. But you know what, I think it's the right thing to do. Get rid of the temptation. So there you have it, I'm putting them in the kitchen at work tomorrow! Thanks for your help. )
Old 02-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Well on the bright side, a lot of the girl scout cookies are better for you then some of the cookies you'd regularly find in a store.

I love the Shortbread and Peanut Butter sandwich cookies. The Cafe ones are good too, though I haven't seen those around lately.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #9  

1 WW chocolate chip muffic that I eat for dessert is 160 calories. You could potentially eat 4 Girl Scout Cookies for 160 calories as your dessert and still be on our 1200 calorie diet
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

I work with no less than four people who ALL brought in their daughters - not just the signup sheets! I am powerless to resist a girl scout because I was one for so many years. So I now have four boxes of cookies sitting in my desk. But I am playing a game with myself where I am allowed to have one cookie a day, and EVERY time I have a cookie, I must offer the box to at least five other people. That way they'll go five times as fast, and I will still get to enjoy them on occasion. (Don't worry - I work with a bunch of skinny boys so I'm not putting anybody else off-plan, haha.)
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:28 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

Haha, I'm the same as you jenny -- I was a girl scout and can't in good conscience tell them no!

I bought three boxes...
Handed two of them back to the leader ("donations"),
and made DH eat the remaining box (well, I had 2, but that's a serving!).

Everything worked out okay
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #12  

put them in the freezer ladies and use them as treats!?!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm still bitter that they no longer have the low fat lemon cookies. I guess they switched back to their old bakery?

Have they reformulated to take out hydrogenated fats yet? I don't buy anything with transfats or hydrogenated oils in them. I'm sure they must have reformulated, but I honestly haven't seen a box of GS cookies in quite some time. I haven't seen them out and about yet this year either.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #14  

I work at a company where everyone is so physically fit that it's depressing. Ha-ha. Lunch time consists of basketball, tennis, running, biking, and hitting the gym. It's nice sometimes but other times it makes me feel worse for being so out of shape. And it drives me nuts to see half the guys here eating anything and everything and not gaining a single pound. I call them garbage disposals. You put something in the kitchen and it's gone 4.38 seconds later. I love my coworkers but sometimes I wish I looked a little more like them...FIT! I think for me, it's best to dump this box in the kitchen here and let them go at it. I think if I had enough self control to do some of the suggestions, I would not have gotten this big in the first place. I love having a place to vent and talk through things. Thanks for your support and guidance!!! Have a great day!
Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #15  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Luckily, I haven't had any Girl Scouts cross my doorway yet. I'd look like Cookie monster on a rampage...
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote