Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #91  

Height: 5'5"

slimming- ive just been having too much fun! lol... going out, eating, drinking etc

im journaling today so far (including the hypothetical 3 glasses of wine i will have later tonight) i am at 1375 which means i will allow myself like 300-400 cals for dinner which will be tough but i hope not impossible! were going to tapas so little tastes!

i went on an hour and a half walk today too! go me!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

READYFREDDY -- Whenever I get into a situation like that, I always ask BF to eat really quickly. It sounds a little weird, but even if he takes more than half the portion and just puts it on his plate, I know I won't eat it. I also take MINISCULE bites on my fork...that way I'm getting the same number of "tastes" of the food without the high cals.

It's probably going to be a little late for you to get this and you'll already be gone, but maybe for next time?

I just made cupcakes for my friend's birthday. When I bought the cupcake papers I bought 2 different colors. Yellow ones I filled all the way to the top with batter, Green ones I only did half way and frosted less. That way, when I bring them over, I can still have a cupcake, it'll just be a smaller one (and I KNOW which ones are smaller!)...and there won't have to be a whole "oh no I only want half..." situation!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #93  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

ok i got a digital scale....i'm not happy at all now 159 my right butt cheek this scale read 168.4......i knew 159 was too good to be true. but its digital so i know now its accurate versus my dial. i'll try harder but its still good cause it means i have no baby weight left at all and i'm still in the 160s. no 170s no 180s i50 it means i need to aim for 8 pounds in the next 2 months. puts me back at needing to lose 30 pounds, i'm ok with that it doesnt help that today i stuffed my face with chinese food, chocolate and chicken nuggets.
but i did get my new clothes i bought less XL and more L. i found better fitting jeans faded glory isnt my brand levi strauss fits my butt better lol. i thought my hubby was gonna flip when i spend $260 on clothes today
guess i have to go admit defeat elsewhere now
stupid ****ing scale guess my dial is gonna meet a bitter end lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:04 AM   #94  

LISSA -- it's better to know the truth though...right? Maybe that old scale will ALWAYS read 159 for the rest of its life..then think of how frustrated you'd be if you were (in your mind) stuck at 159 for MONTHS when you were REALLY at 150 or something. That would be even worse!!

And congrats on going down a size in clothes -- I just did, too, and I know how great it feels!! Keep going!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #95  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

LISSA - Good attitude about the scale! Just because the number went back up doesn't mean that you are any larger than you were the day before.

Last night was yucky. My friends all backed out of going out and I was antsy. I almost went to the bar alone but I didn't want to put on make up. To top it off, my ex tried to start a fight. He makes stuff up and gets all worked up. His problem, not mine.

The scale showed a slight increase today which is ok. Only .2. That's the hazard of weighing daily.

I managed to make it to the gym already. YAY me. I do need to clean my apartment SO bad!!! I have a boy flying down from NYC next weekend and need my place to be clean! I'll get around to it, I've gotten sucked into an America's Next Top Model marathon on MTV. Oy....

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM   #96  

whooooooooa it's bad that I now know there's a ANTM marathon.....
Old 02-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #97  

Height: 5'5"

artsnsmarts - that is a good plan! i did ok last night. def not a loss day but not as bad as it could be either.

happy sunday everyone! im going to do squats, push ups and sit ups. take out the trash (down 5 flights of stairs and back up and we have like 3 loads! yikes!) and maybe do a walk although my darn heels have so many blisters from yesterday i might have to give thema rest.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #98  

Readyfreddy- LOVE the hypothetical 3 glasses of wine. On Saturday nights I always do that. And then if I have like one less glass than planned I usually let myself have a healthy snack before bed.

Slimmingdown- I hear the next cycle of ANTM is starting soon! I wish they had a really good plus size model. I would love to see one win the challenge.

So I went to breakfast with one of my friends and I ordered a Greek egg white omelette. I said dry please because they didn't have pam but it still tasted buttery.... how annoying! What a waste of calories. I ate half of the omelette and then 1 piece of wheat toast with some strawberry jelly. Not sure how to calculate the calories... I usually say an entire Greek egg white omelette is 400 calories, and even though I only ate 1/2 there might have been butter on there so I guess I'll say 350 calories. Do you guys agree?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #99  
Hot Mama

i have a slight date with my dh tonight and i put on the new jeans and new sweater plus the new bra(you'd never know thgirls were heading for the south now lol) i might put the neckbreaker shoes on too lol.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Lissa -- I'm so happy for you that you finally got a new scale -- you've been b*tching about that dial one for months!! Now maybe you can feel confident about the numbers you see.

Cookie -- it's always so hard for me to calculate calories from things like that. I'd say your estimate seems fair. At least, if nothing else, you're being mindful.

I don't have much to report...I'm sure I will tomorrow when I weigh in, but until then...

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #101  
bow chicka bow wow

You guys!!! I went shopping yesterday (yeah, this stopping thing isn't working) and my friend complimented my butt. My friends NEVER do that. And THEN I actually had to grab a smaller pair of pants because the waist was too big. Shazham!
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #102  

congrats!!! how exciting!!!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #103  

I went to the ballet with my friend tonight (the same one from the shopping a few days ago.....) and fit into a dress I haven't wore since my senior year in high school (2005) when I was doing voice competitions!!! I still don't really SEE the results, but if I can zip this dress up and have it almost be a little big, that's progress!!

TINISCA -- isn't going down a size the best thing ever!! It totally changes your day!!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #104  
Hot Mama

i'm happy to say my new clothes are making my hubby nuts! and i dont spend my time picking my jeans up off my hips.
but owww i forgot what it is to wear the right size bra i gotta get used to the fit.
yea i'm gonna stop *****ing about the scale now i'll change my ticker later its been a long couple of days of trying to buy the kids new clothes me new clothes and create a place to hang and store crap.
i'm hungry i think i need to eat