Old 02-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #76  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Happy Valentine's Day Ladies and Gents.

So my stress is allllllll gone. Well sort of.

I just made cookies (Korova Cookies, new recipe... given 'em a try) and chocolate chip banana bread. Hopefully I'll be able to give 'em to lots of people.... such as my soccer team. Considering tomorrow I'll be all alone (everyone's gone and I won't be able to leave till Saturday.) I don't need any sweets around....

Still I think my tests went well, and the paper is all handed in, at this point they're out of my hands!

Jess - Glad to see you're back! Missed you. Sounds like you've been busy. Good for you for staying down. I gotta get back down myself. Of course, baking cookies is probably not the best way to achieve that... Do you have spring break coming up?

readyfreddy - Hmmm, strawberry margaritas. They're worth the calories every once in a while. And happy vday to you too!

zuluprincess - Wow, med school??? That's nuts! Hey, and maintaining isn't that bad. At least it's not gaining, right?

slimming - Glad the scale is still going down!

shorty - Don't you love it when the clothing starts to get loose? The pounds might not being just melting off, but at least there's a difference right?!

sgregg - Congrats on being down a pound! That's so good you love your team leader. Wait. What's the team for? Lol, I'm soooo not on with the brain today...

tinisca - That dress sounds soooo cute. You love winter and mountain passes? Do you ski or snowboard? I miss going out more often. I want spring too, yesterday was super sunny and "springlike" and it was sort like fetting a lick of ice cream, but not being aloud to have the whole cone...

Well I'm gonna be lazy before I go and do the dishes. Ha. I seriously have nothing I have to do. I'm giving myself a couple days of doing nothing and not feeling guilty about it.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #77  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I wanted to check in so that I wasn't totally MIA this week. I don't know whats gotten into me

I don't feel like giving up or like its not worth it.. I just feel like, doing nothing and not being responsible and not being accountable or anything. I don't know why. I don't like it, and it makes me feel guilty, but I can't seem to snap out of it this week. Last week was so good, and I felt good.. but this week I feel like I've let everything else come before eating right and feeling right.

It didn't help that I started the week with a uti. The antibiotics have made me sick the rest of the week, and this morning when I woke up I couldn't swallow my throat was so swollen. Needless to say, it has not been a good week.

I'm angry with myself for going back to old, unhealthy habits. I really hope that getting paid will help me buy enough good food groceries to keep me on track, but really I know that I have to stop making excuses and get myself back on track and make the right choices regardless of all the other stuff in my life.

Sorry for the long update Hope everyone's having a nice valentine's day. I'm working. woohooo, very romantic.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:54 AM   #78  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Good morning ladies. How was everyone's V-days???

I went out to a neighborhood bar last night with a friend and we had a few drinks. I was good and only had 3 (which is good for me) and I researched beer cals before I went and had 2 Michelob Ultra's (95 cals) and one Rolling Rock Green Light (83 cals). Next time I go I am going to try the Beck's Light (64 cals). She drinks Smirnoff Ice and asked me the cals in it... I had to break the news and tell her 253. Poor girl almost died.

My ex was suspicious that I was on a date and is now having a hissy fit. I am indifferent to it, just kind of annoys me. I don't know what he expects, we are broken up.

The scale moved AGAIN today. I have been so good, three consecutive days journaling everything including what I ate, when I ate it, was I hungry, what was I thinking (was I craving it), the calories and the LA weight loss servings. I am feeling really good about things.

This morning I woke up and was craving McDonald's. I looked up the nutrition info online and decided on what to get. I went to the drive through and like an idiot ordered the meal (2 breakfast burritos and a hashbrown). I beat myself up the whole drive home. WELL, I only ate ONE of the burritos and threw away the hashbrowns. I put the second burrito in the fridge and will eat that either for dinner or tomorrow. I am a little proud, it could have been worse

For lunch I am meeting one of my best friends at The Cheesecake Factory. I am a little nervous because they don't give out nutrition info except for their weight management salads. I am not a salad girl. I will just look up a comparable restaurant and figure out what the cals roughly are.

Here is one of my favorite websites... not sure if anyone else has used this before... http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp don't let the URL fool you, it is all types of restaurants. It's my lifeline when eating out!

WOW! That was long.

Tiffany - How was the concert?

tinsica - That dress sounds great! Green is so springy!

Cats Tongue - How can you bake and not eat it all??? I admire your self restraint!

WastedThermos - Sorry you are feeling sick. UTIs are miserable! I get them a lot. Have you ever tried AZO? It is an OTC UTI treatment, works wonders, haven't needed an Rx since I started taking it. They normally sell it by the maxi-pads, etc.
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #79  

WastedThermos- UTIs are the worst!!! I am very prone to them. People don't even understand how bad they are, and until you get antibiotics in your sytem it just keeps getting worse and worse.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #80  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday...

I am trying to get motivated to get some owrk done today. The Air Supply show was awesome and I didn't have to worry about alcohol calories since I was the "designated driver".

Emerson Drive - love them!!!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend - ttfn!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all,

I've been a away for a week or so. We're just gearing up to our busiest time at work and I have basically been shipped around the province to help out. I've spent the last several days training in remote parts of the province and when I wasn't doing that I was at teachers conventions and planning the office's death by chocolate wine tasting party for valentine's day...The death by chocolate party was awesome, it I say so myself....not so on plan but we tried several different types of wine pared with differnt kinds of chocolate the we ranked the wines according to a wining tasting system. Definately fun!

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping to buy the stuff I need for my bf's and my vday dinner tonight. Well when I was in the checkout lane I realized I didn't have my wallet with me. So I ran out to my car, not there. I went back into the store to let them know that I didn't have my wallet, coz I'm an idiot like that...and the guy behind me paid for my groceries. Then he asked me out :laughing: I guess he assumed that b/c I was grocery shopping on vday I was single. I told him that was sweet but I was dating someone. I don't think he truely believed me, but what can ya do?

I don't have time to reply to everyone, this thread is long! But I will do it tomorrow.

wasted I've never had a UTI, but I have had kidney stones 3 times (each time they needed to be surgically removed) so I can sorta feel your pain. I do know how miserable my girlfriends have been when they've got one. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Jelb Great to see that you're back we missed you!

Everyone else, sorry I don't have time to reply. I'll go back and read everyone's posts later today or tomorrow.
I'm at the office procrastinating, I have to work on commmisions but I really don't want to! But it has to be done by end of day, sigh..... I better get to it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

My friend and I just snuck outside and built a snowman. The weather here is beautiful and the snow is just starting to melt and it's all sticky. So perfect snowman snow! We work for a company called apex so we named him Apecker. Here we are:
Wine and Chocolate Tasting Valentine Party 2008 023.jpg
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Happy Valentin's Day everyone (even if it is a day late).

I had a good day yesterday, tried to have fun. I went to class, did some research for my case, then did a bunch of homework. Finally I ended up at the bar having fun. A bunch of single friends hang out playing pool. On of the guys tried teaching me how to play but that went poorly. I had a long island (but that was a problem because it was seriously almost clear, no pop whatsoever). So things were going well and I ended up drinking some beer (out of a picture no less). Anyways we had it was a blast.

AND the best note is that I was down 2 pounds!!!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

WASTED -- I have had so so so so so many UTIs in my short life.....gah they hurt so bad. It's ridiculous. Also, I've had one that escalated into a kidney infection. I just remember my mom holding me up in my driveway while I screamed in pain when I didn't get my medicine on time.....blech. I hope you feel better soon!!

SHANTROY -- that sounds so fun!! And, though you don't realize it, you burn a lot of cals playing in the snow! You only start to think about it when you come inside and are all sweaty.

I went shopping with one of my good friends today. She's teeny teeny tiny, a size 0, and I thought I'd have a really hard time shopping with her because I'd be jealous, but I found I really wasn't!! She had a lot of insecurities as well, and when I tried on a dress she liked, she said she was really jealous that I looked so "sexy" in it because of the way my body is shaped while she said it would just "hang" off her. I think it as good to hear a thinner person say something like that just because it made me realize that I'm not the only one who gets nervous about the way my body is perceived...etc.

ALSO -- that dress was a size 12, confirming that, in fact, it was NOT a fluke that I bought jeans that were 12s the other day. I was also just talking to my bf about how I'd love to be a size 6 and realized that that's really only 3 sizes away.......that's not that far at ALL if I think of it like that!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #85  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

omg i've lost enough weight that i really need a tighter pair of jeans and some new bras. i was wearing a 40DD now the girls are down to a 36 lol. i actually went to V.S. for a fitting and looked at myself in the mirror and went wtf! i finally saw how i look and omg from waist up looks good but the middle is the worst. and those jeans i bought they keep falling, i'm gonna try a 13/14 tomorrow and its nice to wear a shirt that says Large instead of XL. i'm gonna get a dig scale soon and hope that the numbers are right lol i'm gonna cry if i see 170 again
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #86  

shan - cute pic

remember - im bad at pool too! sounds fun though!

lissa - sounds like time for new clothes

me - ive been over plan for the last three days. now i have to go back to it!!! ive been getting a lot of compliments that i look thinner - woohoo
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #87  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

Good morning girlies!

How was everyone's Friday nights? I went out for a short time, had 2 drinks (vodka and soda). It was fun, home by 10.

This morning I got up and went to my LA Weightloss center. They were proud that I have been journaling and really trying for 4 straight days. Then I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio even though I had only planned on 30. Back in the day (when I lived in Houston) I did 90 min of cardio minimum and 30-45 minutes of weights a day for 6 days a week, I was hard core. I want to get back to that. I will admit, it did take over my life, I would stay in on weekends so I could go to the gym at nights. Maybe a compromise somewhere in the middle would be good.

The scale showed a slight gain today. I was expecting it because after my 2 drinks I attacked some chocolate. However, I am not upset because I journaled it and threw the rest away this morning. I am feeling good!!!!!

I can't wait until Tuesday when I can officially move my tracker!!!

Shantroy - I love the snowman! Must have been so fun!

Remember - 2 pounds is great! How refreshing to see the scale move that much! Was it for the week?

artsnsmarts - Confirmation of the size 12 is wonderful. Only 3 sizes to 6... that really puts it in perspective!

readyfreddy - Has anything been going on that has been making you off plan? Good luck getting back on track, hopefully you won't be derailed for long!!!!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #88  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Happy Saturday everyone!

Oh my. What a week.

Eating wise, it's been a total disaster. I feel sooooo gross. What can you do though except get back on the horse? Last night my tummy definitely let me know it wasn't very happy with what I've been feeding it . Oh well. And I wasn't alone! A friend invited me over for pizza and TV watching while she did laundry and packed.

So in about an hour here I'll be heading out to catch a bus to a ferry to get another bus to an airport where we'll be picking up my friend's car to drive home. Yay. I'm pretty excited to be going home. To relax, do homework, and get back into some good eating habits (although I do have a few indulgences planned....).

wastedthermos - Hey that's okay to slip backwards for a moment, just pick yourself back up again, dust yourself off and move forward. Plus it sounds like you were feeling crappy, and eating well can be v. hard when you feel like crap.

slimming - I wish I had restraint! I definitely eat a LOT when I'm baking; the ingredients, the dough, whatever, I'm a nibbly-baker. Good for you for journaling and then tossing the chocolate. That reminds me I have to record all my stuff in my journal... About the exercising, I think it's totally important to find a happy medium. Wow, you were hard core, it sucks doesn't it when you used to do something so well and you'd love to get back there? I know you can do it, finding the happy medium of course.

artsnsmarts - Isn't it funny how going shopping with certain people can make us feel bad? And sometimes when we totally think we're gonna feel bad, we don't. It really doesn't depend on the size of your shopping buddy so much as their attitude. I have one friend who I HATE shopping with because she's definitely very comparative about what people are wearing.
Congrats on the size 12!!!!

lissa - Congrats. I love the feeling of clothing getting too big. Oooh, smaller bra sizes as well! Nice!!!!!!!!!

readyfreddy - A good compliment goes a long way on those days when you feel like crap doesn't it?

Have a lovely day all! I'm hoping I don't eat too much while traveling (I just finished off the most delicious pizza from last night, 3 pieces, I figure that will get me to supper...)
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #89  
bow chicka bow wow

Hope everyone had a good Vday.

Cats Tongue: Snowboarding all the way! I don't know, skiing just always seemed to me like a broken leg waiting to happen. But I think I'd like to try it some day so I can really know which one I like better. We had a few of those teaser days too! It was SO bright outside.

Wasted Thermos: Sorry to hear about the UTI, are you feeling any better?

Slimming: Lol, I literally laughed out loud when I read about the ice water incident. I think McDonald's secretly sneaks in some addictive ingredient that causes a person to crave it. I don't like much from there but it seems like the few things I DO like are loaded. how unfair!

Shantroy: Aw, he paid for your groceries! Have you found your wallet?

Today hasn't been good and yesterday I ate icecream and a cookie. My motivation for everything has just been sliding down hill. I miss my friend so bad, it's weird not having him with me. I haven't even heard his voice for the majority of the month. And I never want to do things we would normally do anymore because its just a big fat reminder he's stuck in a hospital bed hooked up to a zillion things while I'm stuck anxiously waiting for the day everything will be normal again.

Today just sucks. And tomorrow's going to suck and every day is going to suck.
tinsica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Not a lot of time to post, gotta get dinner going -- but just wanted to say hi quickly. I'm sure I'll be back later. I'm lurking the past few days, and I just read WastedThermos, and I'm there with you, girl. Don't know why, but the past week, I've been fairly uncontrollable...I'm sure the scale will reflect it on Monday, and I will not be a happy camper.
Much love all!!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote