Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Default I want to be able to wear...

A BIKINI!

This summer is the summer that I want to be able to go to my pool at my apartment complex in a two piece and be okay with it. I know, I KNOW, that I will never be model thin. And I might not lose enough by August to be comfortable in a bikini. But I want to keep that goal in my brain so that maybe I can keep the motivation I used to have.

Over Thanksgiving, my family was telling me how great I looked when I was down to about 189. But I've put on weight since then, and even though it's only about 6 lbs, I feel like I have failed. I don't want to be a failure! I want to keep losing!

I want to put on a cute swimsuit and feel good about myself.

Does any one else have a similar goal?
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #2  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

YES!!!!! I've never been able to wear a bikini... I always told people that I would never wear one... But I want to be skinny enough to be OK looking in one!
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Similar, yes, but somewhat different. I don't want to be able to wear a bikini, I just want to be able to feel confident wearing a normal swimsuit and not wanting to wear a shirt or shorts over it.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #4  
absolutely cuckoo

S/C/G: 175/153/133

Height: 5'4

I'm not sure I'll ever be a bikini girl. It would be nice to dance around the room in some cute underwear without too much hangin' out

I've managed to avoid swimming pools, but when I went to Budapest with a friend during the holidays she insisted we check out the thermal baths. I was terrified, but knew she wouldn't let me back out of it so I grudgingly purchased a swimsuit before I left. I was very nervous that morning, but was lucky enough to visit the Terror Museum beforehand... that'll put your life in perspective for you! (Seriously, it was the most impressive museum I've ever visited. HIGHLY recommended.)

The baths proved to be a lovely, cleansing experience. When we walked into the changing rooms gals were just stripping off like it was nothing. And they had wobbly bits too. It was one of those odd 'we are the world'/this is it moments in my life. Hopefully I'll hang on to that one long enough to register for some proper swimming lessons. It's great exercise and in the grand scheme of things, nobody's gonna lose too much sleep after seeing the back of my thighs.

I think we're gonna be alright.
Wires and Waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #5  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I've never really been one to flaunt my legs, I've never really had nice ones...

Buuut... I remember back in the day my boyfriend (at the time) was coming over, and I wasn't like.. ready to go, my hair was still wet but I'd been doing my makeup and was in a towel. And he got there, and I felt totally confident and really sexy in going and greeting him with a towel wrapped around my waist and in a really pretty bra.
I wanna feel like that again!! Because right now, I'm not even totally cool with my upper body, and wouldn't wander around without a top on for anything. (Boo!)
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10''

I also want to wear the new bikini I just bought...and feel good about how I look! I just moved to a new city near a beautiful beach, so I have plenty of motivation
AngelxxRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Last summer, I went swimming everyday. It was GREAT exercise. I can't wait to get back in the pool. I bought a bikini at the beginning of the summer, and by the end of the summer I was actually wearing it in front of people. I didn't lose that much weight over the summer, but I was really toned from swimming everyday. This summer, I want a SMALLER bikini and I want to feel confident in it!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 PM   #8  
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

I want to be able to just wrap a normal towel (not a bath sheet) all the way around with no gaping bits at the bottom.

It would be nice to be able to try on those cute clothes at all the boutiques in town. Can't afford them, but being able to play dress up would be nice.
Zen Pharmacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/219/165

Height: 5'7"

I want to wear a hot one piece...like the one in the movie Little Children (the movie was 'eh' but the swimsuit...va-voom!)
They have one at Target that is similar, and I WAAAAAANT to not only
a. fit in it
b. look good
but also-
c. know I look good enough to wear it to the pool with my kids this summer.

At our suburban city pool there are 2 types of moms. The heavy set ones who wear the big gal suits withthe sturdy straps and skirts and the "cool moms" with skinny suits and 2 pieces, suntans, nail polish and sparkly sunglasses.
I don't want to be either...I want to be the brunette bombshell that leaves everything to the imagination...and makes you WANT to imagine it!
momica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

i want to be able to wear skinny jeans! oh and a bikini! oh and short shorts oh and sexy tight dresses! hahaha i want i want i want!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

I don't crave the bikini much, mostly because I'm not a big beach person. I'd rather be able to wear cute summer dresses. That's my ultimate goal! Cute summer dresses for the daytime, sexy clingy things at night!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #12  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

i too will be able to wear a bikini...
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:47 PM   #13  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 154/148/115

Height: 4'11"

I'm not too optimistic about ever being able to wear a bikini... I think after having 4 kids, that's asking a bit much. I just want to be able to wear a one piece with confidence. Oh... and sleeveless shirts. I haven't worn a tank top in SO LONG!
inklestinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

I want to just be able to wear a one piece when i take my kids swimming!! even that woudl be an achievement!!
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/194.5/135

Height: 5'5"

What a great topic..snaps to whoever started it! I want to be able to wear shorts this summer. Not want..but WILL! My family and boyfriend tell me that i look fine in shorts and i shouldn't be worried...but fine is just that....fine, and i'm not willing to settle with that i guess. Like some shorts and a bikini top that would be wonderful! It's starting to get on my nerves wearing pants when it's 95 and lik 80% humidity and people are like why are you in pants it's soooo hot, and i just want to look at them and be like well....i'm not subjecting the world to this LOL
Kristine612 is offline   Reply With Quote