Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 07:29 PM   #31  

Default on and off

Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I have been trying to get back on the healthier eating kick, but my willpower is slim to none. Somedays are better than others. If there is food in front of me, I eat it! I have an exercise bike and have been trying to ride it at least four days a week for 25 minutes, but that isnt always possible. I also do some weights, but not often enough. I need to get my food issues under control.

The wedding - got a dress size 16. UGH!!!!!!! (I hear they run big though!) Plans are going well though!

Anyone here know what it is like to be the fat sibling - I have three underweight siblings who could eat 3000 calories a day and not gain an ounce!

Re: ways to lose weight...when I lost my initial weight I counted calories and exercised, but as the years passed, the calorie intake was very low - I usually had 1000-1200 a day. It was impossible to maintain that. I lost the weight too quickly was also I think an issue. I guess patience is the true factor! i give up too easily!

It is wonderful to not feel alone!

Valerie
Old 03-12-2002, 10:30 AM   #32  

Name: Aditi (patel)

Birthday: May 25

Marital Status: Single

Spouse: None

Children: None

Pets: None

Height: 5'6''

Weight: Top:180 Current:176 lbs Goal:140 but will be happy will 150- 155

Treat I have the most trouble giving up: Chocolate, chips

Why I believe I'll be successful losing the weight this time: My weight is affecting my self esteem.........i do not feel confident in front of people (especially guys).........and i think most importantly it prevents me from doing what i want to do.........for instance I want to learn dance but i am afraid to go as i wonder what people will say............. so i think that it is preventing me from living my life ................
i will be 21...........and major milestone in my life...........and i want to get to atleast 155 - 160 by then.......to mark the beginning of a new chapter in my life.............
it better work this time...............i work and go to school full time and so i dont have any time to workout except on the weekends......but i will give it my best shot............

i think this message board and all of u will help me too.
Old 03-12-2002, 10:39 AM   #33  

Default Been a While...

It's been a very long time since I've been on. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been very bad here lately, and I'm trying to be serious again.

I had to try on bridesmaid dresses for my best friend's wedding, and I'm officially the biggest bridesmaid...and I'm the MAID OF HONOR!!! The wedding isn't till June so I'm determined to lose some weight before then.

The thing that I need to realize, and I think everyone does too....It didn't take us overnight to be overweight, so it won't take us overnight to become skinny again. patience patience patience!!!

My biggest problem is when I don't see results fast enough, I tend to lose interest or become very frustrated. I have to learn to stick with it and monitor my results on maybe a bi-weekly level instead of weekly level so I can more results.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:28 PM   #34  

Name: Jamie

Birthday: May 15

Marital Status: Engaged

Spouse: Fiance, Shawn

Children: 1 - Brycen, 9 1/2 months

Pets: None

Height: 5'7"

Weight: Top: 151 Current: 151 (just starting) Goal: 120-125

Treat I have the most trouble giving up: fast foods

Why I believe I'll be successful losing the weight this time: Because I am not happy with the way I look. And I KNOW I can do this with the support here.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:18 PM   #35  

Hello everyone , I'am new here this is my first time posting on any forum....

Name: Wanda/Pumpkinkat

Birthday: August 20, 1974

Marital Status: Single (Boyfriend JOE)

Pets: Short hair Cat (Frankie)

Height: 5'1

Weight: Top:164 lbs Current:158 lbs Goal:112-120 lbs

Treat I have the most trouble giving up: Chocolate anything...

Why I believe I'll be successful losing the weight this time: Because I'am finally motivator to do so, This time around. It's easy for me to lose 10 pounds fast, but after the first 10 pounds, I always seem to stop. Why not keep going. This time I'am taking it slow...and I'am counting calories which seem to help. Wish me luck......

Old 03-20-2002, 12:23 AM   #36  

Angry New Here!

Name: LisaAnne

Birthday: Dec 7th

Marital Status: Happily married

Spouse: Kris

Children: Eli, 6 & Natasia 2

Pets: 2 cats, 1 guinea pig

Height: 5'5

Weight: start(1/1/02) 205, now 197, goal is 175

Treat I have the most trouble giving up: sugarladen 7-11 Slurpees, chocolate

Why I believe I'll be successful losing the weight this time: My DH actually realized that he had much to gain from losing weight, so we made a resolution to do it together. He's a great support person, most of the time! Also, I just love the way my body and mind feels when I'm eating right and exercising, much better than ever before!

Old 03-23-2002, 01:54 PM   #37  

Name: Jenny

Birthday: Aug 30

Marital Status: Single

Spouse: Swingin' free

Pets: Mudflap, my python

Height: 5'8''

Weight: top - 265 Current - 256 Short term goal - 245 (as of 4/26)

Treat I have the most trouble giving up: Coke, candy (especially with Easter coming up so fast)

Why I believe I'll be successful losing the weight this time: I finally grew tired of being the big one. I have clear set goals, support, am exercising, eating better, and finally stopped watching the Food Network
Old 05-02-2002, 09:12 AM   #38  

Hey! Just turned 25 on 4/29!

-Boston is where I live
-long term boy friend
-good job/finishing up grad school this month
-Have tried WW 3-5 times before
-currently 185...goal is 160Lb
I want to try LA weight Loss! Soemthing new!

I LOVE, no am addicted to, chocolate!!

I go to the gym 2 times a week, I hope once school is over to go more!!!

I am glad to meet you all!!

We can do this!

L-Star
Closed Thread