Old 08-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270?/234/190

Height: 5'11

Default body image funk

gah. i had the dreaded emotional breakdown concerning my weight today. thank god mom was there to help--she struggled with her weight until she had gastric bypass. ive been working out, and working hard to lose the weight, but the scale hasnt budged, and my clothing doesnt fit much differently. she made me realize that its my eating habits, which i thought were on the right track. they werent. i broke down, and instead of going out to eat like she wanted, she went to the grocery store with me and helped me get some great food that should REALLY get me in gear once again. i think this is the last block that needs to fall in place. ive got the working out down..i really like to work out. now i just really need to focus on my creating healthy eating habits.

but does anyone else have those days when you just want to give up and not care about it anymore? today was that day. but i AM NOT giving up. ive worked hard for quite some time now. and i have a realistic goal. i REFUSE to give up. i re-framed, and i am now, fully, moving myself towards a healthier, leaner, stronger me.

what do you ladies do to get yourself out of that horrible body-image funk?
CecelliaStrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I think everyone get in those moods where you don't know if it is worth it. I either look at my progress pictures and my "fat pictures" or I try on my clothing that I wore at my heaviest. This reminds me of how far I come and how much I don't want to be that person anymore.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #3  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Usually when I get into one of those moods it's because I'm either having a bad day or I'm too busy and don't have time for myself.

What I like to do to solve this is to take some me time and give myself a makeover. Just putting on an extra-special outfit and taking a little extra time on my hair and makeup can make all the difference. It makes me feel better about myself, and when I feel better about myself, I take better care of myself.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote