Old 07-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Honestly? Nope.

I am the "fat girl" in my social circles, certainly. BUT - many of my skinny friends are incredibly unhealthy; they eat poorly, don't exercise, etc. I would rather keep some of this weight but be healthy (well nourished, healthy heart, etc) than be skinny and unhealthy. Above all else, my health matters.

I get frustrated that they can lead "unhealthy" lifestyles and remain skinny, when I can't, but that's just how it is.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #17  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

I agree - though I am envious of my skinny friends - and skinny people in general (I look at them and think 1) they must not eat anything 2) how the **** did they manage to stay skinny 3) why am I the "big" one 4) etc) - I still know that I am healthier than they are - even through my occasional binge - I know I am the one that goes running most of the time - or some other excersize - where as my skinny friends - well - I don't think they will be that healthy through the ages unless they get their act together
now to beat my stomache bulge
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/188/160

Height: 5'5"

I do it constantly. My friend, Meg, is extremely tiny and every time we go out, I feel really self-conscious. She's the pretty one and I'm the DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend). It sucks!

That or when I go to restaurants with thin friends and the waiter come overs to ask if we want dessert, he only looks at me. I HATE THAT!
santamonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:47 AM   #19  
Bikini Season :)

i dont even shop with people!!! i wont do it!! im humiliated to say my size and i flat out lie about my weight to anyone and everyone!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #20  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

so glad you made this post!

I have a taller friend who is 5'6" (I'm 5'3") who is heavier by pounds than me, BUT who definitely looks a lot leaner and definitely not fat because of her height. she eats ANYthing she wants and still looks lean!! and doesnt exercise, maybe once a week! i compare myself to her EVERY single day i see her...its so hard!!
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a friend who was slightly overweight but then she lost a whole lot when she went to college. Recently she's gained a bit back but she's not overweight, I'd say average. She's constantly makes comments about herself, like we'll go out to dinner and order salads and she'll finish the whole thing and say "Oh man, I'm such a fatty". Are you serious? Eating a salad makes you fat? Anyway, I know its bad but I was kind of happy that she gained some weight back so someone is a little more like me. Whenever one of my skinny friends says they're fat I wonder if they think they're fat, what do they think of me?
Flutterby873 is offline   Reply With Quote