Old 06-30-2007, 10:19 PM   #1  
Sara G.

Default From this day forward....

I am cutting out 99% of fried foods from my diet. I had a realization today that my weakness is fried food, especially fried cheese.. I like the crunchiness the best. And when I order something fried I always have that feeling afterward of guilt. Plus it just sits there. I'm going to have to work really hard at this, but I think it's a good move.

The reason I said I was going to cut 99% is because I'm leaving my self the option to have a fried chicken salad now and then... but only as a special treat. I'm going to try to integrate more fruits and veggies into my diet too.

Sara
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #2  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

I just wanted to wish you good luck on cutting out fried foods. We cut that out months back. And now hubby can not stand the taste of fried foods now. Like one day it was raining so I could not grill out like I had been for 2 months. So I decided to make fried pork chops (pre-watching what I eat). Well I could not eat one chop because of the taste and texture. And my die hard ex lover of fried food husband could not eat more than 2 bites. He said he could not stand the taste of the oil. So we have not had fried anything in a long long time. Chicken is now baked (always) and chops are pan-fried no breading with a little Canola Oil cooking spray, or the grill. Thats it.

You can do it.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #3  

Wishing you good luck!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #4  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Good luck. I've found adding fruits an veggies to be the most difficult thing, so hoping it comes a bit more naturally/easily for you.
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #5  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

You can do it!!!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #6  
Sara G.

Well, so far so good. I know it hasn't been a real long time since my original post, but I work nights and there have been times that I eat mozerella sticks or french fries in the middle of the night. I had a salad instead. Today will go well too.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #7  

I have never been a huge fan of fried foods to begin with, but I definitely struggle with my weakness-foods! Especially chocolate...I know, I sound like such a typical girl...but it's hard to get through cravings. Awesome job on your decision and your determination!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:11 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good luck. Keep with it!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:49 AM   #9  
Life's tough Get a helmet

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3"

Good luck and congratulations on taking this huge step!! I did the same thing a couple of years ago and it made a huge difference in my life. Now when I do eat fried foods I get a little sick to my stomach because my body is no longer used to it! Trust me your happiness with the weight loss will definitely outweigh the fried food you think you will miss!!! CONGRATS!!!
Spunkster5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Good Luck on your goal! I know that can be a challenge but it is well worth it. I still eat fried foods on occasions, but like Spunkster, my stomach gets a little sick from it. I can handle french fries, but recently I went to Captain D's and ate everything fried, my stomach did not care for that. It is a sign!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Funny, fried foods do nothing for my stomach. I feel no effect... but my mind HATES when I eat them and guilt trips me for a good, long time.

And good job, Laila_girl22. Maybe you'll become like the rest and develop and intolerance to the fried greasebombs!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote