Old 03-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #1  

Height: 5'5

Default Newbie here introducing myself

Hey! I just found this site and loved it!!! I'm 24 and am a big time yo-yo dieter. I fluctuate alot in weight, just this past summer I was 129lbs and within a few months up to 149 lbs... YIKES I'm slowly trying to lower that number by unfortunately don't think I'm doing it the right way Look forward to getting to know everyone!
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I am glad that you found 3fc!! I found them back in December but just seriously started the middle of last week sometime! I have also been a yo-yo dieter and I understand the fluctuation in weight I have been there. I have A LOT to lose but I know I can do it and so can you! Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or need motivation or anything.

Debbie
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

This is a great site with people who are very serious about what they are doing. Hopefully we'll help you get out of you habit of yo-yo dieting. Good Luck!!!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:15 AM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Welcome to the group! People on here are very supportive and you will find a lot of understanding. I recently joined and it has been a huge help having people who know the struggles and who I can encourage as well.

I have also had my weight fluctuate a lot. I would say I have struggled with eating disorders from anorexia to binge eating.. not proud of it, but I'm finally on track after declaring this year the "year of me". It sounds ridiculous but I needed to learn how to value myself and love myself for who I am before I could make any changes to my eating. I joined here the day after I ate an entire brownie chocolate cheesecake by myself in 24 hours. I was completely disgusted with myself. I finally decided to change my negative self talk and get on track.

I hope you find the site helpful. If you would like to PM me at any time feel free or just post and people will respond.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!

Bikinidreader~wow, sounds like me! How did you overcome your binge eating? Do you still struggle with it?

Debbie~thanks are you on a specific diet right now, or what are you doing to lose the weight?
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #6  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

To answer your question, for me I think this will be an ongoing battle but things are definitely on track. I have been struggling to "get control" of my eating whether it's eating too much or too little for years and years. This year, I finally realized that it was all in my head, not my lack of will power or whatever. I turned to bingeing a while ago after living a quite restrictive lifestyle in terms of my diet. I was very focused on being skinny/hot whatever. What I've finally realized, after reading many many O magazines, and books like "The taming of the Chew", "the Celestine Prophecy" and "the Secret" I realized a few things. Well I realized a lot of things that switch a lightbulb in my head.
Definitely, I need to value myself and appreciate how great I am. We dont do this enough. I also need to believe in myself and my ability to reach my goal. I can now picture myself at my goal look and know that I will get there. This can only be done as long as my goals are realistic. I'm not expecting to drop excessive weight that isn't healthy. I went through a new training program with my trainer and also went through reasons why I haven't gotten to my goal in the past (negative thoughts, lazy workouts, not enough water, etc) and made a clear plan of how that will all change. Photocopied that paper and posted it in a few places.

Positive thoughts allow for positive things to come into your life. I was living a negative life, hating my job, hating myself, etc. So I have made major changes to my decision making. I am leaving my job and making life changes that are based on my own happiness. What a concept. sometimes I laugh at myself. I wish I could lay it all out here but I'm sure I'm forgetting some key things.

the thing I think really turned me around is the positive thinking and the realization that I need to love who I am. I'm single and really focusing on my own happiness right now. I figure this is the best time to improve myself and live the best life I can. I'm going on a trip to Europe in the summer to give myself a mental break in between jobs and I can't wait!

Of course sometimes I want to binge sometimes but I have first of all admitted my disorders to this site and to my family (that was tough when you are programed to appear perfect) and my family has been really supportive of my need for their help. I have made changes like: grocery shopping on Saturday mornings after my workout when I'm not tempted by unhealthy food. and not convincing myself at the grocery store that I can have a bag of my trigger food (mainly crispy minis and dried figs?!). They just can't be in the house. or any other food I would like to gorge on. My sister recently told me that she (who eats treats all the time much like the rest of my family) now hides her chocolate bars from me when I stay at her house. At one time I would have been offended by this but I'm definitely more on track now than I used to be and I am able to have treats around without losing it (most of the time) I just am so grateful to have my family support me in my struggle. I think more before i eat and dont eat 2 hours before bed as a rule. That way I dont mindlessly eat on the couch at night in front of the tv like I used to. Going out to meals with friends is definitely more difficult and requires thinking ahead of time and making plans for myself.

I can have treats when I want, but have convinced myself that I dont want them as much as I used to (thanks to my clear goals). I think about whether my choices will bring me closer or take me farther from those goals. I dont have a cheat day because I find that is just a binge excuse for me.

I dont know how much of my struggle you relate to but I hope that at least you know that you are not alone in whatever your struggle is. From someone who used to be stick thin to then be the heaviest she's ever been, I've seen and tried it all and the only thing I learned was that exercise, sensible eating, and being honest with yourself are the key. Add that to a positive attitude and you are destined for success! It isnt an all or nothing thing any more.

This ended up being quite long but I hope it was semi helpful. Good luck with your goals
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote