Old 03-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default What are your achievements and goals?

Hey all!

Sorry I've been lurking... believe it or not I haven't fallen off the wagon, but just been super-busy at work. But I had some thoughts that I just had to share with you all.

After hitting the halfway point, wieght loss has been super-slow for me. Im currently balancing between 169-173, and it's somewhat frusterating. And I was getting angry at the scale, and at myself thinking "Look Alix, you'll always be this huge, fat freak." Like seriously. I even bought an outfit to go out on St. Patrick's day, and I felt huge. Huge and ugly.

Then I stopped and thought. What am I talking about? Look at what I've done! Sure sure, I know the first thing we all think of... the number. And sure enough, I should be proud of it - 51 pounds is no easy task. But I made myself look at what I've done, and what I am doing. Where I am going. So I stopped and thought about it.

Then I thought of you ladies. What about you? Ignoring the number, looking past the scale to see what you have achieved in whatever stage of weight loss or management you are in. What have you done? What are you hoping to do?

(By the way... my St. Patty's outfit was really adorable.. and I actually did my hair and my makeup, something rare for me. Something I am going to start to do more, since it made me feel quite good. I looked super-hot.... I'll post pictures once I get some.)

Anywhere, here is what I came up with.

Achievements
Gotten into healthier eating habits - I've gone from eating fast food 5x a week at least to eating it maybe once every two ro three months. The thought of greasy, unhealthy food is actually unappealing; at the mall I choose Subway because that's really the main thing that sounds good.
I enjoy working out - Seriously, someone tell me where my brain has gone. It's a stress relief and a challenge. If I go more than one day without working out, you can tell with my mood. It's crazy.
I've started running.. and I like it - sort of hand-in-hand with the last, I've always hated running. When I had to do it in high school, it was torture. Now, I find myself on Week 2 of the Couch to 5k program, and I couldnt be more thrilled. I think it's wonderful.
I'm more confidant around smaller people - I've always said I am intimidated about thin people and pretty people. I'm slowly losing that, as I feel less like I am towering over them

Goals
1. Be able to run long-distance races... in a year or two
2. Start both fencing and horseback riding again.
3. Advance in strength training
4. Continue to replace more of boxed dinners with completely freshly made, healthy dinners.

What about you all? Post your thoughts here!

~Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #2  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

OMG, this thread is right on time for me!

I have a really hard time giving into negative self talk. Just today the only real off plan indulgence that i had was about 1/8 - 1/4 extra of honey roasted freaking peanuts (and just WHY did I buy them again?!?) and you would have thought that I ate a whole rhino or something. I was sitting on my couch thinking "look at how the scale hasn't budged all month and you have worked so hard and nothing has happened. have more peanuts, fatty!" uuuuuh, helLO?!? over freaking peanuts?!? omg, i gotta get a grip. it helps to think of the good things that we are doing for sure. so here are mine:

I quit smoking 2.5 months ago! and I have only cheated once, the other night when my purse was stolen and i was waiting for the police to show up. But that was an addiction that had a grip on me for over 10 years, and I kicked it! And another thing- people who quit gain an average of 6-9 lbs, and I have lost! I should spend more time being proud of that.

I eat better, and I do it without really thinking about it. I like grilled chicken, not buffalo wings. i eat oatmeal, not biscuits for breakfast. my eating habits are night and day compared to what they were. i have offered myself taco bell and chick-fil-a and decided against it. i think that is the making of a lifestyle change!

I have more control over my cravings and stuff too. I mean, three months ago at this time of the month I would have eaten a whole pint of ice cream, not a maaaaybe 1/4 cup of peanuts. I am in control now.

FaeReverie, thanks so much for this thread! I soooooo needed it right about now.
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote