Old 03-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #1  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Default **Weekly Chat - 5 March - 11 March**

Hey chickadees how is it going? Thought I would get us started.

Not much going on in my neck of the woods. Starting South Beach Phase I today and working like normal. How was everyones weekend?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

You know, I was going to wander in and start this thread, but here you are!
What is shakin'? I think it's time to sign up for the 5k. I've been telling everyone I can about it- now a professor of mine is going to do it, I think. Sooo, no backing out (as hard as I try sometimes!).

I am stressin' out, so this is where getting those runs in becomes really important. I have a 5k that has become my usualy route- to Coors Field and back. I try to make just one big loop and that works pretty well. I didn't run at all last week, but started yesterday with the warm temps. This girl is ready for SUMMER!

Stephie, good to see you around again! I have some girlfriends that are doing phase 1 right now as well- they say it brings them back to center. I've never tried it, but it looks pretty manageable
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies.

I had an ok weekend. This is going to be a busy week for me though. Friday night we leave for Disney World! It's actually my husband's work conference from Monday-Weds but we're going early and spending the weekend at Disney. Theeen on Wednesday we're flying up to Pittburgh to visit my family for a week and a half. Definitely looking forward to it but I have a lot to get done to prepare and I'm definetely not going to be losing much weight in March!

junebug, good luck with the 5K! Have you competed in one before?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Sounds like everyone's week is starting off well! I had a pretty good weekend and this morning I found that I have lost a few pounds again. Very encouraging. I'm feeling quite tired this morning though and pretty sick of work already. Only a few more months before my trip! The thought of me on the mediterranean coast in a bikini is keeping me from falling off the wagon! I had the urge to do some baking yeasterday so I made some cookies which I ate one of and brought the rest in to share with my colleagues. I really like to make food so it's nice to spread it around to other people who aren't trying to lose weight. I really hope I continue losing the weight at this rate because that would get me to my goal in time!
I hope everyone has a great day.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

OK so this diet isn't going to badly. Just finished off a really yummy Salad and I am indulging in my sugar free pudding as I type. Day is ticking by. The hubby is off tonight and I have some cooking to do. I am feeling really antsy and wanting to go home. I just have to work through it...

Jen - I know I need to get my butt in gear for that 5k. I will run tonight, I will run tonight, I WILL RUN TONIGHT! Don't you love the weather lately? Phase 1 isn't so bad just kind of strange being restricted to only certain foods but technically not having to count calories or anything of that sort...

stacy - OOOOH Have fun in Disney World chica! I am too jealous. Everyone I know is going on vacation! Why me? Wheres my vacation hehe?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #6  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

Height: 5'3"

that will be me soon! I bought two bellydancing videos the other night. but they won't be here till next week.

other than that, i started a fitday journal which has been eye opening, and today starts week 3 of Cto5K. fun! other than that there is nothing fun going on this week ,except that it is the week that i get my office and the mountain of paperwork in it back in order. I can't wait.

have a great week everyone!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #7  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

I haven't been counting calories like I should lately, and I feel horrible about it. I have gotten this far, lost just about 20lbs, and I am getting lazy. I am not going to give up, and quit. I am determined that this is the year that I get healthy. I have been going through A LOT of stress lately, and my insomnia is being a real right now. If ya'll can give me a bit of motivation, that would be awesome.

Oh, and I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear in like, 4-5 months..and I can button them up and everything. I'm excited. But, they're still a bit too tight to wear out in public. heh.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #8  
Bikini Dreader

that is awesome! Keep up the hard work. You have already come this far. Just think about how great you will feel when you get to your goal!! You have done so much work already, it would be a shame to waste that.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 PM   #9  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi ladies

well we had a public holiday here yesterday so i lazed around the house and watched a couple of movies and did some brilliant yoga.

not too much happened but preparing and centering myself for the week ahead.

i just finished my chicken teriyaki sushi for lunch and have some fresh pineapple and watermelon for later on. now, to not deviate from the plan . . . its a good start.

stephie - i hope SB gets you back on the track you are after. i bought the book ages ago but never really got into the plan in its entirety. not sure of the exact reason but

jen - the 5k sounds like a great goal. you can totally do it - sign up now.

stacy - long time, no see! disney world sounds fun. looks like you have a busy few weeks ahead.

sounds like everyone is ready for a fabulous week. let's stay on plan ladies
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Ange- you are making my mouth water over here talking about those yummy summer foods! Glad you are sticking with the yoga. I've been slacking big time.

Stacey- it is my very first 5k and I'm petrified! Competetive sports scare me running has been my only escape from that Have fun at Disneyland(world?) after that, Pittsburgh will be quite a change in scenery!

Stephanie I know what you mean about phase 1- whenever my friend starts it up, I always have to say dramatically, "but you can't have CARROTS!!!". But man, does it work.

Futurepixie- have fun witht he bellydancing- so much fun, a great workout, and it's amazing the muscles you use.

So the crazy day that is known as PMS Monday is over. I just grazed all day long and even though it wasn't bad stuff I feel kind of icky. Not much on tap toay.... I'm just going to attempt to get this house in order and go for a long run as it is warming up!

Last edited by junebug41; 03-06-2007 at 12:25 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #11  
In Search of Collarbones

S/C/G: 171/154/125

ugh. right now is my "tapeworm" time of the month. Not PMS yet, but the time where I can't stop eating. My keyboard is starting to look appetizing! So frustrating too- I just wanna eat!

Today is pilates and yoga and furious housecleaning day. I gotta clean house first. It is so hard to want to exercise in the house when there is junk everywhere, and hard to relax when the focus point for my eyes is a pile of laundry that needs folding. Hmmmm, must get on that.

Thanks Jen- I can't wait to get my videos! Still about a week to go before I begin the rush home and see if they are here thing.

Glad to hear everyone is staying on plan!
futurepixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #12  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Good morning everyone!

Stephie, don't mean to be a buzzkill, but I just thought I should let you know that the sugar free pudding isn't technically allowed on Phase I of South Beach, but it is allowed on Phase II. The cornstarch or something is "forbidden".

futurepixie, I LOL at your "tapeworm" analogy! Is it really sad that a few years ago I actually considered that having a tapeworm might be a really great way to lose weight? Yeah, pathetic, I know. How do you like the Couch to 5K program? I want to start that as soon as our sidewalks aren't deadly here (hopefully next week or the week after).

Jen, good luck with your 5K!! I hope to do one -- no, I WILL do one -- in July with a friend of mine. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you!

Ange, Is Brilliant yoga a specific type? A video of some sort? I'm intrigued...

Brooke, (HUGS) Sorry you're not feeling motivated. Just think about that pair of pants and how wonderful it will feel when you lose just a COUPLE more pounds to get them on and wear them proudly in public!!

Bikini Dreader, I am seriously in awe of you right now. If I made chocolate chip cookies, there's NO WAY I would be able to NOT eat half the batch. Which is why I haven't been near a chocolate chip cookie in two months!

Stacy, have fun at Disney! I'm sure it'll be a blast!

I lost 2 pounds and 3.25 inches last week, so I'm pretty tickled about that. It's also a semi-easy work week, which is nice, because I know it's going to get nuts pretty quickly here. I went for dinner at my parents' on Sunday, my mom had cooked a special meal just for me, because it was my one cheat meal of the week, and I indulged... a little too much... and remembered why I'm doing this. I felt HORRIBLE afterwards -- headachy, tired, and honestly, like I was going to throw up. I had a FOOD HANGOVER the next day! It made me realize that I'm really starting to ENJOY this way of life, even the exercising part. And that makes me really, really excited!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #13  
Bikini Dreader

Hi Everyone,

It's just after 4 and I'm craving a sweet really badly! I dont know if it is the fact that I really don't feel like working right now or if I'm hungry. Well I know I'm not hungry. That's ridiculous. I think I just eat sometimes so that I can take a break. No treats. I am going home soon to have a proper dinner. I really didn't work out very hard this morning at the gym so I definitely can not afford a treat at this point.
Since I made the switch to working out in the morning I definitely feel better and less tempted to eat fattening food because I have more energy. Also, I feel like I'm wasting the time at the gym and wasting getting up at 6am to go if I do eat something.
The craving is gone! I hope everyone is having a good day.

RidiculouslyAddicted: I find I always eat more at family functions. They always revolve around food and the good comfort food you love. Sometimes I dont let myself have any of the treats around the house or set out at munchies and only have the dinner. Of course there is always dessert too. But it's so great that you feel better about your healthy choices. That's a really great thing
Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #14  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

Just out of curiosity I decided to weigh myself. I didn't feel that 'thin' feeling when I woke up today. Ya'll probably know what I mean by that feeling. Anywho. The reason why I decided to do this is because I haven't been able to weigh myself for almost three weeks because I have been having my TOM for this long, and I am getting SICK of it. AND also...we moved recently and money has been very tight..so tight that mostly all I have been eating is ramen noodles...and I've gained I think 3-4lbs back. Maybe it's also because I am bloated still..or whatever. I don't know. But if it keeps up for another week I am going to the DR. Because this isn't normal...=/
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #15  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Umm... you've had your TOM for 3 weeks? No, that's definitely NOT normal, and I would see your Dr. regardless of whether it continues or not. I'm sure it's something that they'd like to know about. I guess I could be over-reacting, but I tend to freak any time anything goes even a little awry with my reproductive system, cuz I'm so scared of not being able to have kids.

Hope you're feeling better soon, and hope that you're able to get back on track with your program. I know it sucks big time to really have to watch your $$.
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote