Old 02-01-2007, 11:06 AM   #16  

mccrew I totally agree with you on how hard it is to find the ww muffins. that is why i was sooo excited to find the thomas light ones.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #17  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I've too have become dependent on the 100 calorie muffins, you can barely tell the difference!

I found Sargento string cheeses in provolone yesterday! That was excitement to me, I just don't trust myself to portion out cheese myself. The string cheeses are just the perfect portion!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:06 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Oh, and as for things other than pudding...

I think I saw on most Thomas' products that they have HFCS, so I tend to steer clear. If anyone is looking for a good bread, though, I HIGHLY suggest Nature's Own whole grain breads. They have a whole-wheat bread and a whole-grain that is no sugar added (just a small amount of sugar alcohol--not enough to make me ill), and they are only 50 calories a slice, yet just as soft and yummy as "normal" breads. They are, by far, the best bread I have ever tried with 50 calories or less per slice (all too many low-cal breads are too airy and fall apart when you try to spread peanut butter on them, or they taste like cardboard ).
Jill, where do you find the Nature's Own? (that is, what grocery store?) I searched high and low for a HFCS-free bread and the best I came up with was a bread that (like you said) tastes like cardboard or a bread with tons of molasses and honey (natural sweeteners, yeah, but I'd rather only have enough sugar in my bread to activate the yeast, not turn into a candy bar). Besides, the HFCS-free bread I found I have to go to Whole Foods for, but I don't get anything else there, it's hard to get the time to go alll the way down to that store for one thing. Bah. Bread is tricky.

As for healthy snacks... I don't have anything that I've "found" like you guys... I mostly stick to high-fiber crackers with some nat pb, or fruit and a bit of cheese... that sort of thing.
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:50 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by britomart View Post
Jill, where do you find the Nature's Own? (that is, what grocery store?) I searched high and low for a HFCS-free bread and the best I came up with was a bread that (like you said) tastes like cardboard or a bread with tons of molasses and honey (natural sweeteners, yeah, but I'd rather only have enough sugar in my bread to activate the yeast, not turn into a candy bar). Besides, the HFCS-free bread I found I have to go to Whole Foods for, but I don't get anything else there, it's hard to get the time to go alll the way down to that store for one thing. Bah. Bread is tricky.
Around here, I've found it at Giant and Wegman's. I'm not sure what chains are in Charlottesville, but my sister lives in Va Beach and buys the same brand--they shop pretty much just at Super Walmart and Kroger.

Their website (www.naturesownbread.com) used to have a locator for stores that sell their bread, but it seems they've removed that and now only have the map of where in the country they sell their bread, not particular stores (much less useful, if you ask me--wonder why they changed it?).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:45 AM   #20  
Chuggin' along...

Hi ladies,

I don't know if this will help you, britomart, but here in northwest florida Nature's Own bread is in every grocery store, and even in little convenience stores and gas stations - kind of the staple bread here. It's at the Piggly Wiggly, Publix, IGA, Dollar Generals, Winn Dixie, WalMart, etc. etc. They must make it somewhere near here.

Oooh, I'll have to look for Sargento string cheese in provolone! I love cheese, but pre-portioned string cheese is a lot easier for me to control than a big hunk of cheese or a deli-sliced pound or half pound or whatever.

I really like Kashi granola bars because they taste delicious but they have a little more protein and fiber than a 'normal' granola bar. I just double-checked the ingredients and they do not have any HFCS. The Chewy Trail Mix is my favorite.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #21  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

They also had Colby Jack! Now if only they could make them in muenster I'd be in heaven. They just seem to take longer to eat than the little Land O'Lakes slices.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #22  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

I get the Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread, 40 cals per slice, at Food Lion. They don't stock out much at a time, but they should have the wheat, honey wheat, white, and sour dough all in one little area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britomart View Post

As for healthy snacks... I don't have anything that I've "found" like you guys... I mostly stick to high-fiber crackers with some nat pb, or fruit and a bit of cheese... that sort of thing.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 PM   #23  

wow, I had no idea it was so common! Crrazy! Thanks for all your help, guys... I'm going to a Harris Teeter tonight and if I don't find it I'll check the Kroger/Giant/Food Lion as I shop at each depending on their specials. I dunno why I've never run across it before, as I've been on a hunt for a good dependable bread for a long time.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:43 PM   #24  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

oh wow. A harris teeter. Haven't had one of those here in Lynchburg in YEARS. Let me guess, you still have a Roses & Hills also? LOL!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #25  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Hey now...there's a Roses about an hour from my mom's house, and a Harris Teeter is still out near her too...
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #26  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

hahaha. There's a roses about 10-15 miles from here in Altavista. But, the Roses we used to ahve in the plaza has been gone for YEARS. lol. Burlington Coat Factory is in Hills place now also. But, I still call it Hills plaza. Habit. heh.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #27  

Never heard of a Roses or Hills (or is it Roses and Hills, as one place? see, really don't know! ) I thought Harris Teeter was a new place, at least they've revamped their image into sort of a high-quality fresh/healthy/organic place (but all the usual junk is still there). It's a little expensive in my opinion.

So I found the Nature's Own bread -- I didn't realize it was with the wonder bread kinds of things! I usually stick to the half of the bread aisle that has the... the opposite of Wonder bread bread, which is why I didn't recognize the brand. I bought the Wheat and Fiber kind, which has 0g of sugar in it and 2g fiber/slice, which is decent. It's as much as the crazy specialty bread I've got now that I get at Whole Foods.

Okay, sorry to hijack the thread with my bread rambling
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'8

I really have a problem with candy, particularly sour candy like sour patch kids, warheads, stuff like that >_> I ate candy pretty much everyday as a kid and through highschool.. SO my favorite find is Too Tarts Super Sweet or Sour spray candy, and Too Tarts Xtra sour Goo.. lol the names are great I know.. but they are only 15 calories in each bottle, sweetened with fruit juice, diabetic friendly, and labeled a "free food".. no HFCS either, and they have the smartchoice logo I just love them. They are a little expensive, I pay 15 bucks for a pack of like 18 from Sams Club.. but they last me a couple weeks. I also like Country Kitchen's Light wheat bread which has 35 calories a slice. I recently bought a pilsbury dough boy devils food cake mix and made cupcakes w one can of diet soda and 2 egg whites, they are pretty good at 88 calories per cupcake.. though Im sure they are not healthy >_>
Rabmonk006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #29  
I will do it

S/C/G: 300/300/155

Height: 5'7''

I tired the V8 Fusion, it's great! I thought it would be think like normal V8, but it was thin. I love it. I drink 8oz in the morning with Breakfast.
newthinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #30  

I like the V8 fusion too.. I can't stand regular V8. Unless I see it on sale, though, it doesn't tend to get bought... So I don't have it often!