3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings BL Corner (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner-231/)
-   -   Team Arctic Fox! Chat Thread: (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-bl-corner/246934-team-arctic-fox-chat-thread.html)

jayohwhy 11-14-2011 12:34 AM

hi everyone, i've been reading the personals, but I dont know where to start with responding.

Lately, my thing is walking the line between eating too little, too much or just right. I tend to go one way or the other which is both bad. Today was a struggle since I had a big lunch thinking I had enough calories for a small dinner when my parents called and asked me to go out to dinner with the family. I was a little distraught and spent the afternoon googling what to eat and finding little online nutritional information about the restaurant. The awesome thing though was that when i got there i found calorie counts on the menu!

hi foreverlove!- i know it sounds weird to say, but you are the prettiest lady engineer i've ever seen!

DivineFidelity 11-14-2011 08:23 AM

ForeverLove, I also struggle with making good choices when I'm not at home I almost feel like sometimes it's a free pass. It's really not good to think about it that way, because it ISN'T a free pass....but still, it's hard to fight that mentality when that's just the way that I've always thought about it. You really are gorgeous for a chemical engineer. My dad is a chemical engineer and whenever I go to work with him I'm surrounded by a bunch of old guys...so maybe I'm just not used to seeing pretty chemical engineers. I'm sure that you can lose the weight, and we're all here to support you!

jayohwhy, You don't have to respond to everyone. Just try and make sure that if anyone seems like they need some encouragement, that you give it to them. That's what we're really here for....to support each other. I think maybe starting next week I'll post a silly question for everyone to answer, and maybe more people will have something in common to talk about.

Well, I'm planning on having a great day today! Yesterday I made some bad choices when it came to food for lunch....and then I forgot to eat dinner, which I'm sure isn't healthy. Today I plan on eating every meal, and staying on plan. I will also drink 64 oz of water...because I've gotten really off track with my water drinking and I need to get back on plan. It's like all the nike commercials say...I need to just do it! lol

ForeverLove 11-14-2011 10:43 AM

JayOhWhy and DivineFidelity, thank you thank you :) . I also joined fitocracy and am currently following you Divine.

I am going to stay on plan today, it's TOM so I'm hoping that's what the gain on the scale is reflecting today, but if not, I was a bad girl this weekend so I understand. I'm definitely going to stay OP this week, and try to up my water intake. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Matilda08 11-14-2011 01:14 PM

Hello team I have done these challenges several times and I love them. Looking forward to getting to know those of you that I havent chatted with. Good luck to you all!!!

mhill0823 11-14-2011 11:06 PM

Alright I joined fitocracy! Trying to figure it all out!!! I'm mhill0823 on there as well!:)

Riestrella 11-15-2011 06:04 AM

I'm on Fitocracy too! Perhaps we should make a group and have a bit of a competitive edge here? Sometimes it really keeps me going knowing I have to beat someone with points!

I'm on my last week of Insanity before I start it all over for Round 2, so I'm hoping to really kill it this week. I've not been as consistent with it in Phase 2 so I know I can try harder and it's motivating me because I just want to do my best and keep losing weight! Good news is that I've not gained any weight during my slack off weeks, only maintained it, just goes to show how intense exercise can really help your body in the long run!

DivineFidelity 11-15-2011 08:17 AM

I made a Team Arctic Fox group on Fitocracy, and there is a challenge on there that starts in 16 hours that you can join to see which one of us can get the most points by the end of our Biggest Loser Challenge here. If more of us join, I may do occasional weekly challenges on there as well....see who can get the most points in one week.

Thanks for the idea Riestrella! I don't know how often I'LL use it, cause right now I'm working full time and taking a bunch of classes and I'm having serious trouble finding the time to work out at all....but if it will help you guys I'm all for it!

Riestrella 11-15-2011 08:38 AM

Thanks for setting it up, Divine! It's going to really motivate me to work out!! =)

DivineFidelity 11-15-2011 10:50 AM

No Problem! Anything else you guys think would be helpful, just let me know =)

jayohwhy 11-15-2011 11:39 AM

okay, i joined, but i dont know what i'm doing with this? haha

ForeverLove 11-15-2011 12:13 PM

I also really don't know what I'm doing on fitocracy but I am hoping if I involve myself in some mini challenges it will motivate me more to work out.
*tangent coming*
Does anyone else have the problem where you actually don't mind the way you look? I mean, a lot of other people do apparently but I have never put much stock in what other people say/think about me. I know it's unhealthy and all that jazz but my weight has never really stopped me from physically doing anything I want to do, like if my friends want to go hiking, I go hiking and I can keep up pretty well. But I just feel like if I hated my body it would be easier for me to put it through **** to become healthy. Idk, just my thought for the day. I'm still trying really hard to push myself though.

jayohwhy 11-15-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverLove (Post 4108863)
Does anyone else have the problem where you actually don't mind the way you look? I mean, a lot of other people do apparently but I have never put much stock in what other people say/think about me. I know it's unhealthy and all that jazz but my weight has never really stopped me from physically doing anything I want to do, like if my friends want to go hiking, I go hiking and I can keep up pretty well. But I just feel like if I hated my body it would be easier for me to put it through **** to become healthy. Idk, just my thought for the day. I'm still trying really hard to push myself though.

that's happened to be, both at the beginning of my journey and after i lost the first 60 lbs.

at the beginning, it was because i was in denial and didnt think i looked too bad. looking back, i was carrying too much weight for my frame. then after i lost the first 60, the flood of compliments came in and i got a boyfriend and felt more confident, and thats where i've lived the past two years.

however, this time i realized that this is not what i want to weigh, regardless of how confident i feel. this time, the weight loss is for me. i'm motivating myself by deciding this is my birthday gift to myself.

however, i'm actually not dissatisfied with the way i look, but i've decided that this is not the weight i want to be at.

DivineFidelity 11-15-2011 01:07 PM

ForeverLove, I know exactly how you feel. I am having the same problem. I'm happy with the way I am and I feel beautiful and I don't feel like a fat person. I know i'm not healthy and I need to lose weight, but it's so hard to get on track when i'm so happy.

FassGal 11-15-2011 04:24 PM

Thanks for the fitocracy invite, Divine.

ForeverLove 11-15-2011 08:38 PM

Question, does anyone know if it is healthier to eat breakfast before or after the morning workout? I thought before but then I have been seeing it the other way some places. Maybe it doesn't matter?